+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

mws87

Aug 3, 2016
Best way is to create account for your father email id and you keep password OR redirect all email to your email id consist IRCC ,
Same i did , when I applied Super visa for my parents ,
I was handling every thing with their ID.

Thank you. You mention you filled out the forms while doing super visa. Did you submit a use of representative form while submitting on their behalf?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hi to all just got the invite and were trying to start the application process, I just a have a question do I have to create two accounts at the PR portal one each parent or can I create one a principal applicant then add the spouse as a dependent. Thanks and congrats to all that got the invite.
Hey did you get it today(Oct 19th)? Please do let me know I’m anxiously waiting and want to know if they’re still sending out invites?

Nedi27

Star Member
Oct 19, 2023
Hey did you get it today(Oct 19th)? Please do let me know I’m anxiously waiting and want to know if they’re still sending out invites?
actually two days ago when we got our invite. I mean everything is out of our control and I hope you get yours... They say the invite will be sent between Oct 10 -23 and then after that they will create a link where you can put your reference number and check if the status.

mws87

Aug 3, 2016
Yes , I did submitted representative form for myself as representative
Thanks. Did that create any issue from IRCC or any questions? Also did that way, you were able to manage all the queries (if any) during the process without any issue from IRCC? Did they reach out to you for any additional query directly as you identified yourself as their representative?

Appreciate your responses so far. I just want to be confident in becoming the representative knowing there won't be major challenges down the road

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Their is no way to prove your claim
If IRCC said till 23 they will send , so we have to trust them Not any one else
what I meant is IRCC sent much less this week, cuz it is apparently that people post much less compared to last week! that's what you see now too.

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hi to all just got the invite and were trying to start the application process, I just a have a question do I have to create two accounts at the PR portal one each parent or can I create one a principal applicant then add the spouse as a dependent. Thanks and congrats to all that got the invite.
Hi did you get it today ? Oct 19 ? I am checking if they are still sending invites today. Thanks

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Question for all experienced people here - In July 2023 I got letter from CRA asking me to send some invoice for my office expenses as I declared $5000 as office expenses as my deduction for year 2020. I uploaded explanation letter along with justification of $5000 expenses. It's been 4.5 months now I haven't heard anything back yet from CRa. Looks like my 2020 NOA needs to be reassessed but I am waiting for a response back from CRA. Also it's just relate to $5000 as my deduction. There is no impact to my income. Can this impact my PGP application assuming CRA is too slow and may not send me new NOW on time?

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
How do you increase your last year income? Quantom leap yourself back in time
well there was a discrepancy with my Uber statement which conflicts that money I received in the bank, so If I put that income, It will increase the income, my question is that is that reassessment gona affect the sponsorship?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
well there was a discrepancy with my Uber statement which conflicts that money I received in the bank, so If I put that income, It will increase the income, my question is that is that reassessment gona affect the sponsorship?
You mean you didn't report your income via Uber last year?
Good luck with CRA.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So your you didn’t claim your Uber income or deductions? So your Uber statement changed and added income? Reassessment can take months and if CRA is concerned that you haven’t been declaring all income, you may be audited for all your tax years.