+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, finally got the golden email today after waiting 3 years. I opened the portal and one of the required documents is "Birth Certificates". It doesn't say anywhere whether they need my (sponsor) birth certificate or whether my parents'. If someone can please clarify this, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

*Photo(s) (required)Upload
*Birth Certificates (required)Upload
*CV/Resume (required)
People need to realize that waiting 3 years is not long to get selected for PGP. In your case that would have meant you actually got selected the first time you applied and qualified to apply for an EOI. Most people don’t get selected for PGP after 3 years of meeting LICO. They have often attempted 3-5 times before getting selected and under previous policies it could taken 7-10 years. Repeatedly using the EOI from 2020 is an attempt to allow those who have been waiting for up to 10+ years to get selected. With the volume of immigrants arriving there will be increased demand for a limited amount of spots so the government needs to clarify that it will likely take a long time to sponsor parents. Most are under the incorrect impression that once they arrive they will have their parents visit with a supervisa and they’ll never have to leave because they will get selected for PGP during the time period.

rahikh

Apr 27, 2021
hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with below questions, really appreciate your help in advance.

1. To confirm, we will be submitting one common application using the same account in PR portal which will include both sponsor's eligibility & parents' PR applications.
  2. My mom's passport will expire in 5 months time, is 6 months prior to expiration a requirement? should we renew her passport and apply with the new one?
  3. If we get a brand new passport, should we still include travel stamps from the previous passport?
Thank you.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hello,

I received the magic e-mail invitation for my parent PR application.
I have two questions.
1) my parents does not have marriage certificate but they do have marriage affidavit that done in 2016 when they came here on visitor visa.
would affidavit work instead of marriage certificate ? If yes then is that affidavit still valid?

2) Do they need birth certificate ? I know check list says only sponsors birth certificate requires. But in application guide it mentions that they require primary and spouse birth certificate as well?
If it is required than what options do I have as they don’t have birth certificate and they did not study until 10 either

they voter id and addhar card.

thank you in advance..
Your case is exactly like mine.
I also did marriage affidavit while applying visa. Get the latest marriage affidavit since it will have latest stamping and upload that in MC section

2. DOB is required only for sponsor. Parents DOB is required if you are sponsoring grandparents.

Reactions: gingerboo

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hello Guys,

Regarding the application form that needs to be fill out by sponsor and applicant, You can fill out using pen then scan or must be fill out on computer then generate for the barcode?

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Hi, any recommendations on certified translation services within Canada, I need my birth certificate translated from Hindi to English (I am the sponsor for my parents)

Please help with any contacts if possible

gingerboo

Mar 21, 2019
Your case is exactly like mine.
I also did marriage affidavit while applying visa. Get the latest marriage affidavit since it will have latest stamping and upload that in MC section

2. DOB is required only for sponsor. Parents DOB is required if you are sponsoring grandparents.
Thank you so much fo reply.
Have you applied already for parents?

york087

Oct 15, 2023
Hello,

I have a question about the form IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship). I am sponsoring my parents without a co-signer. When filling out this form do I have to fill out section 15 and onwards? since these sections are for the co-signer, I am unsure if I can leave these blank? as there is nothing mentioned on the form about skipping these sections if you don't have a co-signer.

Thank you in advance.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it easy to apply yourself ... or should we take help from an agent and pay them. My parents live in my home country and they cannot fill their Application themselves. or
can I fill on their behalf and upload documents from their account. so confusing. My old parents in my home country would find it difficult to go agent there too.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it easy to apply yourself ... or should we take help from an agent and pay them. My parents live in my home country and they cannot fill their Application themselves. or
can I fill on their behalf and upload documents from their account. so confusing. My old parents in my home country would find it difficult to go agent there too.
It does not make sense to hire an agent, so you fill on their behalf and upload documents from their account

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have a question about the form IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship). I am sponsoring my parents without a co-signer. When filling out this form do I have to fill out section 15 and onwards? since these sections are for the co-signer, I am unsure if I can leave these blank? as there is nothing mentioned on the form about skipping these sections if you don't have a co-signer.

Thank you in advance.
Can you write "not applicable" on those sections?

Reactions: york087

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thank you so much fo reply.
Have you applied already for parents?
No I just got invite as well. So in process of preparing all the required documents and filling out application form. My parents done have marriage certificate. So I asked them to get it notarized by a lawyer. I used the same notarized affidavit for their temporary visa.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
I have decided to update PAN card and Aadhaar card with the DOB mentioned on passport. After doing some more digging even all school certificate have same DOB as of passport. My only concern is while submitting interest to sponsor form in 2020 I might have used incorrect DOB. Will it create any problem? I am thinking to get the affidavit from advocate stating that DOB submitted in interest to sponsor form is incorrect and correct date of birth is 4-4-1960 which is aligned with passport and all other national identity documents and will submit that affidavit as supporting document

what do you guys think?
Hopefully, you took a printout for the sponsor interest form. That way you can check what you entered. If not, I think it's better to get an affidavit stating that the birth date is * the correct birthdate*. Don't claim you entered it wrong if you don't remember, I think.