+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They usually require to establish the relationship between the sponsor and the sponsored. So it would make sense for me to upload my own birth certificate as that would show they're indeed my parents. Uploading my parents' birth certificates doesn't really establish anything?
I have not yet been selected but I remember when I applied for different permits and visa, first on the top said it belongs to whom and also there was a ? Mark next to each document requested and explained what should be uploaded. Hope this helps

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
Then explain to me how is it fair to people who just by chance were not eligible in 2020 due to a family income issue, but were eligible the years prior and years after? This is not prioritizing for people who waited for the longest, this is prioritizing for people who showed interested in the year 2020 specifically.
They have accounted for that by reducing income levels required during pandamic. Otherwise, you have to meet requirements of at least 3 years. We have been waiting and the pool should be exhausted before starting a n

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone , I just got an invite for PGP 2023 and have started looking into the application. I have below questions. Please assist me
1. IMM0008 form has a section for national Identity document. I was thinking to mentioned Aadhaar card here since passport details are in different section. But this section is asking me to enter issue date and expiry date of document and aadhaar doesn’t have these dates. Under this scenario, what other document can I mention in national identity document section. In India only passport has expiry and issue date. But passport is a separate section and national identity document is a separate section.
2. I don’t have birth certificate and marriage certificate of parents. Can I go to lawyer and get it notarized on stamp paper based on date of birth and spouse details mentioned in passport. For instance my father passport got his DOB and spouse details and also my mother passport got her DOB and spouse details. Can I ask lawyer to write those details on a stamp paper and notarized it. Can this work as a substitute for Birth and marriage certificate. Please advise.

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, finally got the golden email today after waiting 3 years. I opened the portal and one of the required documents is "Birth Certificates". It doesn't say anywhere whether they need my (sponsor) birth certificate or whether my parents'. If someone can please clarify this, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

*Photo(s) (required)Upload
*Birth Certificates (required)Upload
*CV/Resume (required)
It’s sponsor’s birth certificate to establish proof of relationship, it’s clearly stated that sponsor’s BC is required (not parent’s or grandparent’s) on the 2023 PGP document checklist

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Finally got invitation to apply yesterday
Hi guys, did anyone started applying through portal I have question. My wife she got the invitation and I am kind of struck at the very start :

Add spouse or dependent information -

- is the dependant accompanyingyou?
What does it mean?
Should I have put my information here ? Or her fathers?
Please guide me and thank you

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Hi guys, did anyone started applying through portal I have question. My wife she got the invitation and I am kind of struck at the very start :

Add spouse or dependent information -

- is the dependant accompanyingyou?
What does it mean?
Should I have put my information here ? Or her fathers?
Please guide me and thank you
it should be your wife's mom (dependent of primary applicant, her father)

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi guys I have started applying through portal. Under dependent section I guess I need to put my mother name (I am sponsor , primary applicant is my father). Dependent will be my mother. Do I need to add any of my brother or sister. All my brother and sister are settled in Canada as a citizen and they are not dependent on father. In this scenario I guess only dependent will be my mother, primary applicant spouse. Right?

Reactions: ashiashi

Quebec11D

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone,
I received an email from IRCC with the invitation for my parents. I'm currently in Ontario, however my work might require me to move to Montreal over the next year. In that case would my parents' application be cancelled? Or would I have to submit a CSQ? I'm a Canadian Citizen.
Congratulations!
Check the processing time first - it shows 45 months for QC!

"As of the most recent official IRCC processing update, applications for parent or grandparent (PGP) sponsorship are being processed in an average of 23 months across Canada, excluding Quebec. However, the current average IRCC processing time for parents or grandparents (PGP) intending to reside in Quebec is 45 months."

Reactions: Toon993

hsingh132317

Jan 3, 2019
Question: I received invitation on Oct 10 and I had my father as primary applicant and mother as dependent but I didn't add my dependent brother in the interest to sponsorship application. Is it possible that I can add him after receiving the invitation with a letter of explanation if needed?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Question: I received invitation on Oct 10 and I had my father as primary applicant and mother as dependent but I didn't add my dependent brother in the interest to sponsorship application. Is it possible that I can add him after receiving the invitation with a letter of explanation if needed?
Yes, add him with letter of explanation and proof. Why did you not include him in the first place if he is under 22? Assume you meet LICO by adding him.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1395&top=14

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi my mother date of birth is 12 July 1960 and her aadhaar card and Pan card is aligned with her date of birth. We also have notarized birth certificate with 12 July date. However we just noticed in passport her DOB is mentioned incorrectly as 4 April 1960. Will it create any problem? Can I just put explanation letter with notarized birth certificate stating DOB in the passport is incorrect?