+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
from previous year, do you know IRCC send invites on the first day? or randomly through the whole period?
I'll be out of the country with limited access to emails
Invitations will be sent over the course of 2 weeks starting September October 10th.
You'll likely have until December 24th to submit the application (it will be clearly stated in the invitation letter.)

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
from previous year, do you know IRCC send invites on the first day? or randomly through the whole period?
I'll be out of the country with limited access to emails
Daily they send the initiation from the pool , which meant this year some people will receive initiation on 10 Oct and some on 23th Oct also .
Also you can check whether your application picked or not , They are very transparent in this

Good Luck

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
My best guess is that they weren't able to meet the 15K target last year with 23,200 invitations, so they increased the number this year.

Also 15K is the number of complete applications they are aiming to receive, so the total number of successful applications would be lower.
No They will receive not 15 K complete application.
All who submitted complete application , many will fail in Medical , background , parent no more (during the whole process) , So that brings it to 15K. (Not completed application they receive.)

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
No They will receive not 15 K complete application.
All who submitted complete application , many will fail in Medical , background , parent no more (during the whole process) , So that brings it to 15K. (Not completed application they receive.)
Directly from IRCC website: "Between October 10 and 23, 2023, we’ll send 24,200 invitations to apply to potential sponsors. Our goal is to accept up to 15,000 complete applications." (source)

A complete application means is an application that is submitted on time with all the necessary paperwork before being processed. After medical, background check, etc, the number of successful cases will be lower.

shiva1248

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2014
LANDED..........
06-04-2014
Hi ,

I have a quick question,i submitted interest form in 2020 and receive some email with application received message and some number,exactly i didn't remember and now i deleted all old mails ,anyway to check about the interest form submitted application number ??

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,

I have a quick question,i submitted interest form in 2020 and receive some email with application received message and some number,exactly i didn't remember and now i deleted all old mails ,anyway to check about the interest form submitted application number ??

thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

If your email address has changed or you have lost your confirmation number
You’ll be able to use the Find your lost confirmation number page to
  • get the confirmation number you received when you submitted your 2020 interest to sponsor form
  • receive a copy of your invitation to apply letter, if you have been invited
  • tell us your new email address if you’re no longer using the one you put on your 2020 interest to sponsor form
We’ll post a link to the Find your lost confirmation number page on October 23, 2023.

shiva1248

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2014
LANDED..........
06-04-2014
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

If your email address has changed or you have lost your confirmation number
You’ll be able to use the Find your lost confirmation number page to
  • get the confirmation number you received when you submitted your 2020 interest to sponsor form
  • receive a copy of your invitation to apply letter, if you have been invited
  • tell us your new email address if you’re no longer using the one you put on your 2020 interest to sponsor form
We’ll post a link to the Find your lost confirmation number page on October 23, 2023.
Thank you

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

Does someone know what could be a reason why a parent/grandparent would not pass the medical exam?

I am not too familiar with the reasons so if someone could provide me some details or somewhere to reference to, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Does someone know what could be a reason why a parent/grandparent would not pass the medical exam?

I am not too familiar with the reasons so if someone could provide me some details or somewhere to reference to, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
There are really two answers to this question.

If they have a communicable disease (most common is TB), they cannot pass the medical and will need to take treatments until they are cured and can retake and pass the medical. This will not result in the application being refused but normally delays approval by many months (since the treatment takes a while).

The other scenario is if they have a serious medical condition which IRCC assesses will exceed the excessive threshold over the next 5-10 years, meaning that the medical care they will require in the next 5-10 years will result in high costs to the Canadian health care system. This can result in the application being refused. There are many different disease or conditions that could cause this. Some examples include cancer, heart disease, and advanced kidney disease / failure.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello everyone,

Thank you
Yes , @scylla explained it very well.

Test involved in MR mostly uncovered Kidney and Lung disease (If any) Other heart condition and Cancer on many body part (If exists) can't be discovered. Until the Applicant himself declare to Dr.

My parents when applied for Super visa , for mother they asked to do Further test for kidney as her creatine level was out of range , so they wanted to make sure she don't required any dalasis soon (although for Super visa it does not matter to Canada govt. as the dependent need to take care of all medical expense ) but not sure why.

IRCC asked a letter from dr. stating as per her condition she don't need dialysis soon we consulted dr. and she took medication and her creatine level came down by few points and dr. did further test and we provided that to IRCC and she passed medical after 3 month of struggle. but this is not always the case.

Some time because of some parameter your parents medical can be failed .( Considering the parents age bracket 70+ there are high chances Medical fail) this is one of major casue for PGP rejection.

Hope this might helped you.
Good luck

Last edited:

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Thank you @scylla and @CEC_1304

Thank you for your time and explanation to my question.

She is currently in her 70s, so I hope that if she is chosen, that everything will go well with the medical.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Sorry for the repetitiveness but I was worried and decided to post here. My mothers visitor extension has been approved as of sep 12 but my dads is still pending. I find that so weird why wouldn’t they approve both. This is their 2nd ext request since the initially entered Canada on supervisa in 2019.

does it mean that something is wrong, thus why the delay with my dads application?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Sorry for the repetitiveness but I was worried and decided to post here. My mothers visitor extension has been approved as of sep 12 but my dads is still pending. I find that so weird why wouldn’t they approve both. This is their 2nd ext request since the initially entered Canada on supervisa in 2019.

does it mean that something is wrong, thus why the delay with my dads application?
This is very common for IRCC to approve application differently as both applicant condition can be different .
Its not mandatory one applicant background passed or medical passed , so IRCC have to approve other also (This does not make sense )

what is your dad application status online ? Medical done ? without knowing background no member will able to comment on it

Reactions: find_anand

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@scylla @canuck78

Hello Guys, if you qualify for PGP sponsorship but for one year the income is down because of parental leave? Do you guys think CIC will accept letter of explanation ?
Agree that not meeting LICO due to parental leave should result in a refusal. If you have been selected you might as well take the chance and see what happens. Sometimes there are cases where some people are granted leniency while most are not. In the future if you are in a similar position one of the parents should take on a part-time job to increase their income to meet LICO.