Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
I seriously don't think it's the right idea to completely empty out the pool before reopening. There are just too many reasons why someone who showed interests back in 2020 is not interested to do that in say 5 years...are the family members still alive and well to settle in a new country? May be they moved to another country where they got other relatives? are the sponsors still living in Canada/may got a job in the states or wherever? Just not really realistic if you ask me
Can you change the interest to sponsor from one set of parents (mine) to in laws (husbands)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can you change the interest to sponsor from one set of parents (mine) to in laws (husbands)?
No. That would change who is sponsoring, as you were the sponsor for your parents application. You cannot change both sponsor and relative. Your husband would apply for his parents. You can change who is your primary applicant (eg. If one your parent passes away)

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Naturgrl

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
What percentage chance do those in the pool have this year to be picked? I’ve been waiting since 2020.

My parents are currently in Canada since 2019. Had applied for the 2nd visitor extension this past august. Just saw that IRCC only appoved it for my mom (dads is still pending). Why aren’t they both approved at the same time? On top of that they only approved it till next October when I had requested a two year extansion( they qualify since they’re on the supervisa )
This year it will be around 1 out of 4.5 Candidate

yes it is not required that both applicant will follow same timeline.

good Luck

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Invitations are different than approvals. IRCC is accepting up to 15k which means the 40% who get an invite are not eligible (eg. not meeting LICO or passing medical). That is quite high. A new government could change everything too but if they clear the pool then 5+ years.
I have a question Naturgrl. What will happen to the 40% people but they are meeting the requirements? Will they be sent back to the pool and waiting for the next draw or IRCC still accept those people (which mean IRCC willing to take more than 15k people) ?

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
I seriously don't think it's the right idea to completely empty out the pool before reopening. There are just too many reasons why someone who showed interests back in 2020 is not interested to do that in say 5 years...are the family members still alive and well to settle in a new country? May be they moved to another country where they got other relatives? are the sponsors still living in Canada/may got a job in the states or wherever? Just not really realistic if you ask me
Well, IRCC tried many systems before this. Back in 2014 they stop PGP completely with the reason the backlog was so high, the processing time was estimated up to 10 years (or more) to complete. People criticized the first come first serve system back then (processing time too long, some parents had passed away before their applications started). And now with the lottery system, it is pretty much no different than before, just not the "first come first serve" part (in my opinion), process randomly in bulks and not taking in any new application (same as pausing the program in 2014). I personally think IRCC is not going to risk re-open the interest forms at least not any time soon, because it will cause anger within the remaining people in the pool and it might result in IRCC will be sued by these people, just like what happened back in 2017 ( this is just my personal opinion).

Reactions: CEC_1304

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a question Naturgrl. What will happen to the 40% people but they are meeting the requirements? Will they be sent back to the pool and waiting for the next draw or IRCC still accept those people (which mean IRCC willing to take more than 15k people) ?
If you get an invitation and your PR application is refused then you don’t go back into the pool. You wait until it opens up again to submit a profile of interest. IRCC is accepting up to 15,000 this year so they are assuming many will not refused or not apply.

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
If you get an invitation and your PR application is refused then you don’t go back into the pool. You wait until it opens up again to submit a profile of interest. IRCC is accepting up to 15,000 this year so they are assuming many will not refused or not apply.
:eek: holy moly ! They still refuse those PR applications, even though it meets all the requirements?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
:eek: holy moly ! They still refuse those PR applications, even though it meets all the requirements?
Confused by your question. If you are invited for the lottery, and you meet requirements then PR application should be approved. IRCC expects that 40% of the pool are not going to be eligible for many reasons.

Reactions: flashadi

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Confused by your question. If you are invited for the lottery, and you meet requirements then PR application should be approved. IRCC expects that 40% of the pool are not going to be eligible for many reasons.
Sorry let me re-words it differently. IRCC is going to accept 15k applications from from the 24,200 invitations sent out this year. 24200 - 15000 = 9200. So in this 9200 applications, it can't be all 9200 applications disqualified because their are not meeting the requirements. My question is what will happen to the applications who are qualified and meeting the requirements in the 9200 ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry let me re-words it differently. IRCC is going to accept 15k applications from from the 24,200 invitations sent out this year. 24200 - 15000 = 9200. So in this 9200 applications, it can't be all 9200 applications disqualified because their are not meeting the requirements. My question is what will happen to the applications who are qualified and meeting the requirements in the 9200 ?
IRCC has formulas and they would not send out invitations to 24k if they didn’t have a very good idea of how many will be ineligible. If all 24500 are eligible then all are accepted. But that will not happen. IRCC is banking on the fact that 9200 wilL not be eligible (don’t meet LICO, medical doesn’t pass, parents passed away or don’t even apply). Of those that receive invitation, apply and are not eligible then their profile doesn’t go back into the pool. They need for program to reopen.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes. as replied above. IRCC knows roughly how many would actually qualify and apply. Some of those who entered interested to sponsor do not even live in Canada and many do not qualify. They entered it because it's "free". And Canada has an honest system which shows in previous years that didn't quite work. They do expect out of 24200 invites, roughly 15000 applicants that actually qualify and will apply.

Reactions: tam_ngo

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
IRCC has formulas and they would not send out invitations to 24k if they didn’t have a very good idea of how many will be ineligible. If all 24500 are eligible then all are accepted. But that will not happen. IRCC is banking on the fact that 9200 wilL not be eligible (don’t meet LICO, medical doesn’t pass, parents passed away or don’t even apply). Of those that receive invitation, apply and are not eligible then their profile doesn’t go back into the pool. They need for program to reopen.
Yes. as replied above. IRCC knows roughly how many would actually qualify and apply. Some of those who entered interested to sponsor do not even live in Canada and many do not qualify. They entered it because it's "free". And Canada has an honest system which shows in previous years that didn't quite work. They do expect out of 24200 invites, roughly 15000 applicants that actually qualify and will apply.
Ah I see. Hmmm, they increased the invitations numbers from 23,200 in 2022 to 24,200 in 2023, but still keep the same accepted PR application as 15k. It's somehow giving me the feeling that there will be more disqualified applications (I might be wrong, just my speculation). Anyway, thanks Naturgrl and YVR123 for answering my question. All clear now.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
from previous year, do you know IRCC send invites on the first day? or randomly through the whole period?
I'll be out of the country with limited access to emails

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
My best guess is that they weren't able to meet the 15K target last year with 23,200 invitations, so they increased the number this year.

Also 15K is the number of complete applications they are aiming to receive, so the total number of successful applications would be lower.