+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017
Guys, i need advice. so in 2020 i applied for the expression of interest to sponsor my parents, i got invitation to sponsor my parent in 2021, after i applied i go rejected due to a short fall of $1002 from my 2018 income. so since then i have not been able apply since IRCC is still picking from the 2020 pull, do i still have a chance in the 2020 pull or i have to wait to apply when new expression of interest is out.

nims38

Apr 3, 2017
Hi All,
I got email to submit additional documents and I submitted through email back in February. I have not heard back from IRCC since then. Is there anyone in the same boat? How can I get in touch with IRCC and understand if they got all the documents that I sent? Thank you in advance for any help / opinion / experiences you all can share.
Same here!!

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, I got an email to submit additional documents for proof of relationship because am sponsoring my mom, I submitted my birth certificate and my moms birth certificate too. Pls what other documents I can add for proof of relationships. They asking for my mom CV too, but my mom is not educated. Pls I only have 30 days to submit these documents. Pls any idea. Thanks in advance.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Guys, i need advice. so in 2020 i applied for the expression of interest to sponsor my parents, i got invitation to sponsor my parent in 2021, after i applied i go rejected due to a short fall of $1002 from my 2018 income. so since then i have not been able apply since IRCC is still picking from the 2020 pull, do i still have a chance in the 2020 pull or i have to wait to apply when new expression of interest is out.
Hi, once you were refused you are out of pool so you have to apply again.

Reactions: Fred200a

kissmyass

Jun 7, 2013
I did not include children while counting family members.
I was finally able to link my GCkey account.

Thanks to @Solarmanng and you

In the instruction guide for PCC, it said:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

When I login, there are no places to submit documents as it says no required document is needed at this time!

I think I'll have to use webform.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solarmanng

gvrr

May 14, 2024
There was an email for submitting documents in the letter I got from them. That's where I send the docs to. Still got an automatic reply
The same is the case with me. I just sent the additional documents to the email address mentioned in their letter. I hope this is OK.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I got an email to submit additional documents for proof of relationship because am sponsoring my mom, I submitted my birth certificate and my moms birth certificate too. Pls what other documents I can add for proof of relationships. They asking for my mom CV too, but my mom is not educated. Pls I only have 30 days to submit these documents. Pls any idea. Thanks in advance.
She doesn't needed to be educated to have a CV. Create a simple one for her if she was a homemaker/housewife, just put that in.

Reactions: Shankar Iyer

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I am sorry to hear your story, I am no expert in this but logically speaking I would imagine that you will need to wait for the new expression of interest form to open. Since your number was drawn once and processed IRCC may have added you to some exclusion list so it doesn't get drawn again. That's how I would design the lottery system to work, else it won't be fair to those remaining in the pool.

I hope its not too long of a wait for you before you can apply again, all the very best.

Reactions: Fred200a

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I was finally able to link my GCkey account.

Thanks to @Solarmanng and you

In the instruction guide for PCC, it said:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

When I login, there are no places to submit documents as it says no required document is needed at this time!

I think I'll have to use webform.
You can submit documents through the linked portal only if they've asked for something, in which case they will create buttons for you to click and upload. Meanwhile if you're sending something proactively then you need to use the web form.

Reactions: kissmyass

SC1989

May 2, 2024
Hi Guys, As posted earlier, I have no updates ever since applied. I call up IRCC and the call never got connected. Is there any better way to call IRCC to get status of application.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi Guys, As posted earlier, I have no updates ever since applied. I call up IRCC and the call never got connected. Is there any better way to call IRCC to get status of application.
That's surprising you've not been able to contact them over the phone. Have you been calling this number - 1-888-242-2100.

If you call from within Canada they even have a call back option and any time of the day between 8am - 4pm local time you get a call back in less than 20mins

SC1989

May 2, 2024
That's surprising you've not been able to contact them over the phone. Have you been calling this number - 1-888-242-2100.

If you call from within Canada they even have a call back option and any time of the day between 8am - 4pm local time you get a call back in less than 20mins
May be I am not choosing the right options! Will retry!

rhmanalili

Nov 6, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2009
Doc's Request.
19-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-07-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010 / 27-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-09-2011
She doesn't needed to be educated to have a CV. Create a simple one for her if she was a homemaker/housewife, just put that in.
For the CV requirement, I submitted a letter of explanation why my mother did not have a CV. It seems that it was accepted because I was never asked about it.