+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hi guys, we submitted our PGP application in dec 2023. In March we received an email stating to provide proof of relationship between primary applicant and dependant. The letter also had an application number. We haven't heard anything yet after that. I tried linking the application to GCKey but the application wasn't found.

Can anyone please guide?
Thanks
i am in same boat. i have application number but unable to link. if i select application number and family name, it shows application number is not related to category selected. Category selected is PR and sub cateogory is family class: parents and grandparents.

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
Interest submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 16, 2023
Sponsoring: Mother
Application submitted: December 7, 2023
Additional Information Request: March 20th 2024
Additional Docs Submitted: April 10th 2024
AOR received: Not Yet
Processing Office:
Biometrics requested: Provided in 2019 for supervisa
Medical requested:
Pre Approval letter:
PCC requested:
Sponsorship Approval received:
Medical performed:

We lived in Kenya and my mother and I maintained Indian citizenship and were dependant on my father during our time in Kenya. For the additional document request, we sent my mother's ID card, tax documents, property deed etc. from Kenya and my school certificates from Kenya as well as birth certificates and passports to show relationship. The email requested us to send Aadhar cards and high school documents which we did not have. I provided a letter explaining what our status was in Kenya. I'm hoping this is sufficient and doesn't cause any hiccups. There have been no further updates to the application since submitting the additional documents that were requested. Getting kind of nervous now seeing how everyone else's files are being processed so quickly :(

project_canada

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-20-2023
AOR Received.
24-04-2024
Med's Request
25-04-2024
How to link application to GCKey? Is it sponsor or principal applicant information? How many family members to include?
Hi. Use the principal applicant's information. Include principal applicant + dependent (if any) + sponsor + co-sponsor [exclude children]

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
When will be ECAs available? I received AOR on May 2, biometric and medical on May 7. I can not see ECAS status yet.

Last edited:

sampri

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

Here is what I received from CIC today in response of emailing them additional documents:

Dear Client,

All incoming correspondence sent to our office must be in PDF or JPEG without the utility of OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc. All documents must be clear, concise and visible. Unfortunately, your most recent document does not meet the aforementioned document format requirements. Therefore, we ask you resend all documents in either PDF or JPEG and without the use of OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc. Failure to comply by these requirements will result in your application being incomplete and excluded from further processing.

Dumb question but how do I fix this? I emailed them a zipped folder containing all the docs.

project_canada

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-20-2023
AOR Received.
24-04-2024
Med's Request
25-04-2024
Hello everyone,

Here is what I received from CIC today in response of emailing them additional documents:

Dear Client,

All incoming correspondence sent to our office must be in PDF or JPEG without the utility of OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc. All documents must be clear, concise and visible. Unfortunately, your most recent document does not meet the aforementioned document format requirements. Therefore, we ask you resend all documents in either PDF or JPEG and without the use of OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc. Failure to comply by these requirements will result in your application being incomplete and excluded from further processing.

Dumb question but how do I fix this? I emailed them a zipped folder containing all the docs.
Extract all the documents from the zip folder (you should be able to click on "Extract" when you right click on the zipped folder), then save each document as PDF, then resend each PDF.

sampri

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
Thanks but that would be too many single documents, hope I don’t over exceed the limit. I’ll try it though.

thanks again

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
Hello,

I have been requested to submit the additional documents on 29 January 2024 and document received by CIC office on Feb 20,2024 as per call center agent confirmation. After that there is no update at all, so wondering if any other person in the similar situation. Should I contact via MP office? or is there any other way?

Thanks for reading post and reply.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
i am in same boat. i have application number but unable to link. if i select application number and family name, it shows application number is not related to category selected. Category selected is PR and sub cateogory is family class: parents and grandparents.
I am in the same boat too. Nothing after sending additional docs have been sent and unable to link the application.

Reactions: Nikhil shah

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hey guys, for those who are sponsoring their mom and dad and received request for form 5406. Did you get two separate emails or just one email? I only got one email and is asking for form 5406 to be sent again for the main applicant only (my dad).

just making sure that there is no another email that I missed. Because they are only asking for my dad to submit the 5406 again.

Thanks!
Just one email was sent with two letters addressed to them seperately.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone, can any one of you please reply. if i do not link my application. would i still receive all communication by email? eg. PCC and medical request and the PPR?
That is correct. If the application is not linked all correspondence is sent via email. if the application is linked all communication is via GC key.

Neelu123

Apr 8, 2022
Hi All,

Received a letter from CIC. Please advice what to give in place of 5th to high school certificates/marksheets. I have 10th, 12th certificates and marksheets but not the 5th to 8th class marksheets and we don't have ration card:

Dear Client:
This refers to your application for sponsorship of a parent or grandparent (PGP) submitted in
2023. A review indicates that the application you submitted does not meet the
requirements for processing as the application is incomplete.
Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item(s)
is/are missing or incomplete:

Proof of Relationship (SPR): As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please
provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle
standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). If you are unable to provide
these items, you may provide the principal applicant's Ration card, your Indian passports
(expired and current) and/or OCI, and PAN/Income Tax card. NOTE: Affidavits are not
acceptable as proof of relationship. If you are sponsoring your grandparent, you must
include a copy of your mother or father's birth certificate, as well as your own birth
certificate in order to support your relationship to the principal applicant. If the birth
certificate is not in English or French, a notarized (certified) translation in either English
or French with a copy of the original version must be provided. In addition also include
as proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your mother's or father's
voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and
Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof
of relationship.
Dear All,

The issue is that I don't have Marksheets or certificates before 10th grade. Like from 5th to 9th. I contacted the School however they don't have anything either.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

adesola

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
Nomination.....
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
04-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-10-2014
Interest submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 11, 2023
Application submitted: October 17, 2023
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre in Mississauga
Medical Passed: Feb 9, 2024 (From Supervisa Medical done in Aug 2023)
Linked Application: February 27, 2024
Additional info Requested on: March 1, 2024
Info requested: Proof of Relationship to mother and Death Certificate of late dad
Info submitted: March 15, 2024
Biometrics requested: March 19, 2024
Biometrics Completed: April 5, 2024
Sponsorship Approval received: March 20, 2024
Office changed to IRCC Montreal: March 20 2024
AOR received: March 26, 2024
PCC Submitted: April 18, 2024
Pre-arrival checklist: awaited
Final decision: awaited
COPR: awaited
Hopefully Montreal will not take too long. Your application is almost crossing the line.

Reactions: Solarmanng