+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hey, please I might not be able to make the 30 days to submit the requested document. What should I do to extend the period? Please advise.
Write a letter, attach as much proof as you can - passport submission receipt, online status screenshot if available, anywhere that shows a date when you submitted, or an email that has their processing timeline, all the things that can prove that you've tried to get the passport within the said date and its not possible. Submit that letter through the web form, in that select the option saying you want to add a document to your file and call this document a letter of explanation for passport renewal (or something that makes sense) ... and after a few days follow-up with a phone call to make sure they have your document and ask them how much longer they're giving you. May be they will respond to you will an extended timeline. All the best!

Imroz

Oct 16, 2017
Hi..
I called the IRCC today and they gave me the temporary AOR number that starts with XF****, the agent told me to try to link the application without using 'X' but I was unable to link the application. Can anyone please guide me on how to link the application with GC KEY? I already made an account on the GC key under my name and also on the principal applicant's name.
Please tell me from which account I need to log in and also there is a question
*Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application? What to write here I have applied for my parents - Father, Mother only and also I have a Co-signer(my husband).
Please help me out with this.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi..
I called the IRCC today and they gave me the temporary AOR number that starts with XF****, the agent told me to try to link the application without using 'X' but I was unable to link the application. Can anyone please guide me on how to link the application with GC KEY? I already made an account on the GC key under my name and also on the principal applicant's name.
*Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application? What to write here I have applied for my parents - Father, Mother only and also I have a Co-signer(my husband).
Usually you won't be able to link your account until it has been assigned with an application number F****.
Give it some time. Why do you need to link the application before it's completed/AOR?

Imroz

Oct 16, 2017
Usually you won't be able to link your account until it has been assigned with an application number F****.
Give it some time. Why do you need to link the application before it's completed/AOR?
She told me you can link your application without using 'X' and many people linked their application with temporary AOR without receiving the original AOR.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
She told me you can link your application without using 'X' and many people linked their application with temporary AOR without receiving the original AOR.
and some can't. It depends on if the data has been fully entered into the system.
Or your case has some error to link. But it's hard to find out until after AOR. If you still can't link after AOR, call IRCC and find out what's wrong.

Reactions: Imroz

adesola

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
Nomination.....
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
04-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-10-2014
Write a letter, attach as much proof as you can - passport submission receipt, online status screenshot if available, anywhere that shows a date when you submitted, or an email that has their processing timeline, all the things that can prove that you've tried to get the passport within the said date and its not possible. Submit that letter through the web form, in that select the option saying you want to add a document to your file and call this document a letter of explanation for passport renewal (or something that makes sense) ... and after a few days follow-up with a phone call to make sure they have your document and ask them how much longer they're giving you. May be they will respond to you will an extended timeline. All the best!
Thanks a lot for your advice. Its good to have people like you.

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
I tried both XF and F combination of file number and also diff combination of other parameters. Not able to link yet.

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi..
Try using principal applicants account not yours. Family size would be 4 for you. Use place of birth instead of passport option.

Reactions: Imroz

Avro

Jan 12, 2017
Updates:

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 12, 2023
Sponsoring: Parents-inside Canada
Application submitted: October 22, 2023
Additional info Requested on: January 19, 2024
Info requested: New passports, Aadhar, Voters ID.
Partial Info submitted: Aadhar and Voter ID on January 22, waiting for renewed passports
Biometrics fees requested: February 06, 2024 (paid and uploaded receipt same day)
New passports submitted: February 14, 2024
AOR received: February 20, 2024 (resent imm5768e)
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre in Mississauga
Link Application: March 06, 2024
Biometrics requested: March 13, 2024
PCC requested: March 15, 2024
Biometrics Completed: March 19, 2024
Medical requested: March 19, 2024
Sponsorship Approval received: March 20, 2024
PCC submitted:
Medical submitted:
PPR:
COPR
@Shankar Iyer , I also got the PCC request for my mother yesterday and got the earliest appointment date on 27th Mar at local PSK. But they have given 30 days to submit the PCC and what I see on forums is that processing time can take more than 4weeks. What are we supposed to do if the PCC doesn't arrive before the deadline?

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Could anyone please tell me if my parents need to do the Police Check Certificate in Canada? They have been visiting Canada a few times and stayed there for around 6 months, they never extended their visits. If they need to do the Police Check Certificate, can they do it at their homecountry? Thanks so much!

Mar 22, 2024
Vietnam
I'm the sponsor for my parents,
Application submission date: Nov 3, 2023
Required documents submission: Feb 14, 2024
Since then, I have not receive anything yet. No AOR yet. Could not link the application as well.
I saw few applications here get processing very quickly, specially when the applicants (parents) are currently in Canada.
I submited as an outside-canada application.
My parents are applying for visitor visa. They've already been to Canada 2 times (in 2017 and 2019). In their record, visitor visa is cancelled once in 2021 regarding not providing Passport when IRCC issues new Visitor Visa.
My questions are:
- Does Visitor visa cancellation history effects negatively to the PR application?
- If my parents get new vistor visa, living in Canada to become in-canada application, does it work?
- Is contacting IRCC through web-form speed processing up?

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm the sponsor for my parents,
Application submission date: Nov 3, 2023
Required documents submission: Feb 14, 2024
Since then, I have not receive anything yet. No AOR yet. Could not link the application as well.
I saw few applications here get processing very quickly, specially when the applicants (parents) are currently in Canada.
I submited as an outside-canada application.
My parents are applying for visitor visa. They've already been to Canada 2 times (in 2017 and 2019). In their record, visitor visa is cancelled once in 2021 regarding not providing Passport when IRCC issues new Visitor Visa.
My questions are:
- Does Visitor visa cancellation history effects negatively to the PR application?
- If my parents get new vistor visa, is it better to stay in Canada or in home country (Vietnam) while waiting for PR processing?
- Is contacting IRCC through web-form speed processing up?

Thank you and have a great weekend.
No.
It's up to you.
No.