Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
How long does it take to get PR card after landing?
TIA

tgen

Feb 2, 2016
I have a process question. My mom’s application got approved and she submitted her passport and got a final decision with an immigrant visa stamp on her passport. Can she land with that or are we waiting for some COPR? And when does that come?

timeline:

Application Submitted Dec 22, 2022
AOR March 2023
Add Doc Request Jul 2023
Medical request Nov 2023
Sponsor Approval Nov 2023
PCC Request Dec 2023
Medical Passed Nov 2023
PCC Submitted dec 2023
Pre Arrival Jan 2024
PPR Jan 2024
Final Decision Feb 12, 2024

Lucifer Yang

Feb 27, 2017
I have a process question. My mom’s application got approved and she submitted her passport and got a final decision with an immigrant visa stamp on her passport. Can she land with that or are we waiting for some COPR? And when does that come?

timeline:

AOR March 2023
Add Doc Request Jul 2023
Medical request Nov 2023
PCC Request Dec 2023
Medical Passed Nov 2023
PCC Submitted dec 2023
Pre Arrival Jan 2024
PPR Jan 2024
COPR should come along with stamped passport. You will need to land with passport (with immigration one time visa on it) and COPR. the immigration officer will sign on your COPR.

sakshi mehta

Jan 30, 2024

timeline:

AOR March 2023
Add Doc Request Jul 2023
Medical request Nov 2023
PCC Request Dec 2023
Medical Passed Nov 2023
PCC Submitted dec 2023
Pre Arrival Jan 2024
PPR Jan 2024
Which visa office

swordfish485

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016

timeline:

AOR March 2023
Add Doc Request Jul 2023
Medical request Nov 2023
PCC Request Dec 2023
Medical Passed Nov 2023
PCC Submitted dec 2023
Pre Arrival Jan 2024
PPR Jan 2024
Like someone said above, you need both passport and COPR papers (that should come back with the passport). Contact them (they might say the process changed and no papers are needed anymore, but you need to be sure). Can I ask something? What is the deadline for her to enter the country? (the expiry date on the immigrant visa. Is it one year after her last medical exams? Thank you!

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hi everyone,pls advise me what to do for further, this Friday I called IRCC Mississauga, regarding PR card and officer told me that we dispatched already in December but didn't receive. I talked to the owner regarding my mails and she said I redirected all your posts bcs last time when we received our letters like Ontario card and it's opened already then I said owner that why you opened our letters for this I hv a text message in proof. Now owner says I will return all your posts, even Bank debit card didn't redirect to the bank.
My elder son blessed with I son in USA and we both like to bless him but can't travel to US without PR card. Even Immigration officer told me that your wife's address is changed over telephone in January Mississauga to New Brunswick.

babkar787

Dec 3, 2023
Hi All Vancouver office applicants,
please any one can tell from Vancouver office that after medical passed how long they take for next step communication. my medical received and passed in December 2023. then no reply afterwards
I had emailed them via ircc portal and they sent me a link to processing time page on their website. Thats all!! Everyone who received invitations along our patents whose file went to other visa offices are already in Canada! We have been waiting since March 2023!

babkar787

Dec 3, 2023
Can I bring my parents to Canada on super visa while they are waiting for medical and ppc. My parents already have supervisa and we received their file number in March 2023 but haven't heard anything since then ( Vancouver office) . Can they do their medical and pending processing from Canada?

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Can I bring my parents to Canada on super visa while they are waiting for medical and ppc. My parents already have supervisa and we received their file number in March 2023 but haven't heard anything since then ( Vancouver office) . Can they do their medical and pending processing from Canada?
In the earlier posts have read people doing that. In fact I felt that helped them speed up the process. Just sort out how you can get PCC from Canada. Again have read many people get that as well from here. Just check for all the PCCs you need.

Also go over the link below. It seems earlier medical exams are eligible for now (says policy is in effect till Oct 6, 2024) given certain conditions are met e.g. the applicant is in Canada, medical is less than 5yr old, etc.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Once they are here I understand you will need to submit webform to update their address and also let IRCC know of IME number for super visa if it meets conditions mentioned on the link above.

Just my 2 cents based on following this forum. I am not an immigration consultant. You can also post this question on 2021 PGP thread and/or call IRCC and ask this question from them.

babkar787

Dec 3, 2023
In the earlier posts have read people doing that. In fact I felt that helped them speed up the process. Just sort out how you can get PCC from Canada. Again have read many people get that as well from here. Just check for all the PCCs you need.

Also go over the link below. It seems earlier medical exams are eligible for now (says policy is in effect till Oct 6, 2024) given certain conditions are met e.g. the applicant is in Canada, medical is less than 5yr old, etc.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Once they are here I understand you will need to submit webform to update their address and also let IRCC know of IME number for super visa if it meets conditions mentioned on the link above.

Just my 2 cents based on following this forum. I am not an immigration consultant. You can also post this question on 2021 PGP thread and/or call IRCC and ask this question from them.
Thank you for taking the time to provide the info.

Reactions: BienCanada

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, just checking with fellow PGP-2022 applicant. Once our parents are here what are the things that we have to do. So far in my mind these are few things below

1. Apply SIN (I have read in IRCC website that in Toronto one can apply at the airport when landing, in other airports it is not always applicable)
  2. Apply drivers license or provincial photo id
  3. Health card application
  4. Language service, employment service ???
What esle?