+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

DeolaB

Sep 10, 2023
Glad to hear that you received communication from the Montreal visa office yesterday. I'm also with MVO but have received no communication since my file was transferred there in July 2023.

Oh wow ! I was hoping it would be faster. Anyways, thanks for the info.

copy

Apr 20, 2023
Call Indian consulate I did same. Sometime they keep it for months. Happened with me twice. First time when in 2014 during my PR I almost waited 4-5 month and then after I sent email they send it within a week. Second time in 2023 for my parents this time proactively I called consulate and the lady said that she will be printing and dispatching today.
Try calling I am sure it will work.
Thank you Sameer19. I sent an email today. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your advice.

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

My mother recently became PR in Jan 2024, we got the portal 2 email just couple days before PR confirmation.

My question is that how can I see the status of the PR card? I hope we didn't have to explicitly do anything other than giving the address in the portal 2 while confirming that I am in Canada?

My mother has to return to India in couple weeks and I am worried that PR card didn't come till now. Her return is exactly 6 weeks after the PR confirmation date, so hopefully it will come in next couple weeks. But in case if it doesn't, can I carry her PR to India when we travel? Is that allowed?

pgp2022dec

Feb 9, 2024
Hello,
We applied for my Mother in law (primary) and Father in law (Dependent) in Dec 2022. We got medical and PCC in Dec end and Medicals done and passed Jan 15, 2024 per my CIC account.

My Father in law had an angioplasty almost 17 yrs ago and it was mentioned to the panel physician. ECG was normal, he takes his Blood pressure and diabetic medication. He is 68. Last week he had breathing issues with erractic ECG and he was admitted to the hospital back home. They did the Angioplasty again and doctor found he has valve blockage on heart valves at almost 100% and the third valve cleared. But the 4th valve status is not known and they are doing another angioplasty in the next week to check it.
Post procedure, the doctors may opt for bypass valve surgery or insert stent to clear the blockage.

Today we received the Information Letter in My CIC account from New Delhi Visa Office which states 2 steps to be completed within 30 days
Step 1: Changes in circumstances - family composition due to divorce, separation etc or death of spouse or Change in health - to be communicated using webform
Step 2: Passport Requirements - To follow if need a Visa to Canada - submit passport with photo to NDVO or eta process.

The question is - The ECG didn't show any issues and he passed medical. We are sending the webform about his recent health issue. But does a bypass procedure or stent will cause a rejection, my father in law is the dependent?
He is not keen on moving but atleast we would like our mother in law to move if possible in her future.

Do we send the webform and also do we need to send the passport to the new delhi office at the same time?

swordfish485

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hi All,

When you receive the final letter requesting a passport, what is the deadline they give to the parents (in the immigrant visa posted in the passport) to enter Canada and finally become a PR?

Thank you!

Timeline: sent all the documentation in October 2021
Med Exams: July 2022
Med Exams again because 1st one expired: Aug 2023
Final letter asking for a passport: Feb 2024

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a quick question to ask. If any of you could answer it I’d greatly appreciate it.

I applied for PR for my wife through spousal sponsorship and she got AOR, medicals and biometrics done. The application is in progress.

Now I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mother. She’s widowed.

Can I include the total members in family as 2 (mother and me) or 3 (mother, me and wife)?
Do I still need to count my spouse in for Super Visa application since she isn’t in Canada?

I have to mention the current family members in my Mom’s Super Visa application in order to meet the family income requirements.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hi all,

My mother recently became PR in Jan 2024, we got the portal 2 email just couple days before PR confirmation.

My question is that how can I see the status of the PR card? I hope we didn't have to explicitly do anything other than giving the address in the portal 2 while confirming that I am in Canada?

My mother has to return to India in couple weeks and I am worried that PR card didn't come till now. Her return is exactly 6 weeks after the PR confirmation date, so hopefully it will come in next couple weeks. But in case if it doesn't, can I carry her PR to India when we travel? Is that allowed?
Any word on the PR Card yet? its been a month and still waiting for the PR card in mail

SueCha

Nov 5, 2023
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can advise?
my mum recently had a double knee surgery few months ago.. we got my mum and dad’s medical request today. Will the double knee operation be an issue for admissibility? Also, what all tests are to be expected in medical, please?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a quick question to ask. If any of you could answer it I’d greatly appreciate it.

I applied for PR for my wife through spousal sponsorship and she got AOR, medicals and biometrics done. The application is in progress.

Now I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mother. She’s widowed.

Can I include the total members in family as 2 (mother and me) or 3 (mother, me and wife)?
Do I still need to count my spouse in for Super Visa application since she isn’t in Canada?

I have to mention the current family members in my Mom’s Super Visa application in order to meet the family income requirements.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.
Family size doesn't matter if the family member is physically in Canada or not.
So yours is 3.

viraj7565

Aug 17, 2018
Hi guys,

I received PCC and Travel history for year 2022-23 request for my parents. They have been in Canada for about 4 years now on visitor's visa..i kept extending it and sometimes they flew to US and came back.

Want to understand couple of things:
1. What should i provide for travel history request which they asked only for 2022-23. Should i provide them with Passport pages with stamp or something else?
2. PCC will be done through BLS application which states it could take upto 8 weeks to process. The letter from IRCC states i need to submit the documents in next 7 days. How do i do that?

Thanks, any help appreciated !
Viraj

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All Vancouver office applicants,
please any one can tell from Vancouver office that after medical passed how long they take for next step communication. my medical received and passed in December 2023. then no reply afterwards