+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Almost same here. Did your in-laws have military or government services before?
hello, my father had govt service. We had filled out a table for the visitors visa which was approved after one year. THey asked for the same table in a form IMM...XXXX. which we filled out and submitted for the PR. Waiting for a few days now. do u know how long this could take? thanks.

Reactions: katezhu

copy

Apr 20, 2023
I applied for my mom's PCC at BLS Toronto. The police went to her address in India and did the verification. The Consulate website has been saying the PCC is clear and ready for issue. But there is no progress after that since about a month.
Does anyone know how to get the PCC at this point?

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
I applied for my mom's PCC at BLS Toronto. The police went to her address in India and did the verification. The Consulate website has been saying the PCC is clear and ready for issue. But there is no progress after that since about a month.
Track your application at BLS with below link
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php
Email BLS through "Grievance Redressal Form" the below link
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/contact.php

Reactions: copy

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
hello, my father had govt service. We had filled out a table for the visitors visa which was approved after one year. THey asked for the same table in a form IMM...XXXX. which we filled out and submitted for the PR. Waiting for a few days now. do u know how long this could take? thanks.
IRCC asked my parents' updated resume on Oct 2023, and after that their case is in secure check, criminality check and reviewing eligibility.
My dad had military services more than 50 years ago.

I checked from online and these checks will take from several months to more than 1 year.

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
Call Indian consulate I did same. Sometime they keep it for months. Happened with me twice. First time when in 2014 during my PR I almost waited 4-5 month and then after I sent email they send it within a week. Second time in 2023 for my parents this time proactively I called consulate and the lady said that she will be printing and dispatching today.
Try calling I am sure it will work.

DeolaB

Sep 10, 2023
I have the same experience. I applied through the same portal Dec 2022, received AOR July 2023, and got Sponsorship approval yesterday, February 7, 2024 by email but no updates on the portal. I can only view/download my submmitted application.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

DeolaB

Sep 10, 2023
How fast is case processing at the Montreal Immigration office? Any insights from those with application in Montreal? Thanks.

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
How are y'all tracking your PGP applications? We applied using this portal: Sign in | Permanent Residence Portal (cic.gc.ca) which shows no updates.
Have received multiple follow up emails though. Latest is a sponsor approval letter. Applied in Dec 2022.
You have to create account in below web link and then link your application to see the real time updates:
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2bb62887bf95844dd23fb8ec3b4ef4f5aa3d3b21b
Or you can call IRCC Telecenter number at 1 (888) 242-2100 and follow the prompts to listen status of you application. It will ask you to enter UCI or application number.

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
I have the same experience. I applied through the same portal Dec 2022, received AOR July 2023, and got Sponsorship approval yesterday, February 7, 2024 by email but no updates on the portal. I can only view/download my submmitted application.
You have to create account in below web link and then link your application to see the real time updates:
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2bb62887bf95844dd23fb8ec3b4ef4f5aa3d3b21b
Or you can call IRCC Telecenter number at 1 (888) 242-2100 and follow the prompts to listen status of you application. It will ask you to enter UCI or application number.

Reactions: DeolaB

DeolaB

Sep 10, 2023
Thanks Sameer for that information.I just tried using the link, unfortunately, I got the feedback that it is invalid.

I also created a new account using the GCKey, so that I could link the application to my account, but the family sponsorship program was not presented as an option that could be selected and linked.

I guess I will have to be calling in to get status update.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks Sameer for that information.I just tried using the link, unfortunately, I got the feedback that it is invalid.

I also created a new account using the GCKey, so that I could link the application to my account, but the family sponsorship program was not presented as an option that could be selected and linked.

I guess I will have to be calling in to get status update.
Same

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
How fast is case processing at the Montreal Immigration office? Any insights from those with application in Montreal? Thanks.
Glad to hear that you received communication from the Montreal visa office yesterday. I'm also with MVO but have received no communication since my file was transferred there in July 2023.