+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

JR Bains

Aug 26, 2023
Hi All,
Both my parents(PGP-2020) received the COPR(with a Visa sticker stamped on the passport) and the last date to arrive in Canada is 20th Feb 2024.
What would be the consequence if they don't arrive before this deadline? I will inform IRCC of their delay and that they are willing to come only after the winter subsides but I am guessing they might have to go for medicals once again. Please provide your input.
Thanks in advance!
Amit
Congratulations.
I would bring them over at least for a month and if they want to go back let it be! You r the luckiest person whose parents have pr now.

Canada053

Jul 18, 2016
Any update from the Montreal office? I got transferred from Mississauga to Montreal (indicated in my Sponsorship Approval letter) in May 2023 even though I live in Ontario. I haven't received any request for PCC or Medicals since then. Has anyone had any luck so far with that office? Please point me in the right direction.

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
Any update from the Montreal office? I got transferred from Mississauga to Montreal (indicated in my Sponsorship Approval letter) in May 2023 even though I live in Ontario. I haven't received any request for PCC or Medicals since then. Has anyone had any luck so far with that office? Please point me in the right direction.
I just want to know why your case was transferred to Montreal? If you do not mind, can I ask a question about your parents' background? Did your parents have military or government working experience?

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
I'm in the same boat but no sense ordering notes as they'll just tell you that it's within normal processing time.

Vinit Mistry

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

My parents are currently in India and required to do PCC for Canada because they have been here in Canada for more than 6 months.
Does anyone know how to do Canadian PCC from India ?

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
Hi All,
Both my parents(PGP-2020) received the COPR(with a Visa sticker stamped on the passport) and the last date to arrive in Canada is 20th Feb 2024.
What would be the consequence if they don't arrive before this deadline? I will inform IRCC of their delay and that they are willing to come only after the winter subsides but I am guessing they might have to go for medicals once again. Please provide your input.
Thanks in advance!
Amit

Reactions: Sowriyab

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
Congrats for final processing of your application !!
i assume your parents medical might be done in Feb 2023 to fix your last date in Feb 2024 .was it done in Feb 2023 or so ? Have you requested to IRCC to extend landing date ? This I am asking because we are likely to face similar situation.
Thanks -gpreethps1972@gmail.com

Abhilashg

Mar 2, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I just received the PCC of my mother for her PR. It says she is allowed for "Employment, Employment Visa and Work Permit for Canada" instead of "Immigration purposes Other than Citizenship". I read her application again to check if I selected the correct option, and I did select the right option of Immigration Other than Citizenship.
Has anyone faced this issue or commented on this? Do I need to get the PCC again? The due date to submit the document is first week of Jan.

Thanks in advance.
do you get a specific request for pcc like medicals

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

Does any one know of a WhatsApp group for the parent sponsorship visa?

Amir1225

Dec 25, 2023
Hi folks, I have a question, on the invitation letter from CIC for intake 2023 for parents' sponsorship, the deadline was mentioned as 11:59 EST but when I submitted my application before the deadline it stated UTC which was 5 hours ahead and it was showing the next calendar day. Does anyone know what's the reason?

Canada053

Jul 18, 2016
I just want to know why your case was transferred to Montreal? If you do not mind, can I ask a question about your parents' background? Did your parents have military or government working experience?
Yes mum was a public servant and Nigerian. I don't know if that is a common denominator to these transfers to Montreal

Reactions: katezhu

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,
Thanks in advance!
Amit
They should try to land before their COPR expire.

Even for a quick/soft landing. It's unlikely that IRCC will extend the date. So it's most likely use it of loose it.

Ppr-2019

May 27, 2019
Hi All,

I have received below (highlighted in Bold) for my parents but unfortunately they are currently in India. So, my question is shall I wait for landing documents from immigration department or go ahead and book their tickets for summer (Apr end) as they already have valid visitor visa and then do their PR confirmation through PR portal. I am afraid what if they send landing document which will be valid for next month or so.

Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalisation pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)

when I asked this question this is what i got from immigration department.

If you are outside Canada or planning to travel:

If you are currently outside Canada or travelling soon, you cannot be landed using the PR Portal (PR Confirmation). It is important that you let us know when you are planning on returning to Canada by replying to this email (if you haven’t already done so).

When Returned to Canada
Kindly reply once you have returned to Canada for further processing of your application with revised information below details:

Name:

UCI:

Email: (one for the whole family)

Original entry date YYYY/MM/DD:

Date of last time you entered Canada YYYY/MM/DD:

Location (Port of Entry) where you last entered:

Are you currently inside Canada?:

If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date? YYYY/MM/DD:

Also provide your height and eye colour: