+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

RS999

Aug 14, 2017
I got a request for parent fingerprints in May 2023, but nothing after that. It's the Mississauga office, Does anyone have insights on what's going on?

Abhilashg

Mar 2, 2022
invitation: Oct 17th 2022
Application submission: Dec 22nd 2022
Additional Docs: april 2023
Biometric: October 25th 2023
Pre Arrival: October 26th 2023
AOR: November 01st 2023
Medical: November 01st 2023
Pcc: November 21st 2023
Passport request: December 05 2023
Mississauga office
The whole process just took 40 days once it was started i was surprised a little at first.
Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: N-R-J and Sowriyab

nusmu00

Dec 17, 2023
Hello All,

I can see the status in IRCC portal as
Final decision - December 4, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
And I received request to send passport on 5th December and sent it through VFS already.

Does this actually mean they have decided to grant PR and going to provide a temporary visa for landing? The reason I ask this is - during PCC - they asked for USA/FBI clearance for my mother but I request for a waiver as she never stayed for more than 6 months (though a several short trips). I haven't received any reply to that query and when I called IRCC they mentioned "we received your email and someone will get back to you". Now that they have already requested for passport - does that mean I can ignore the USA/FBI police clearance ask? Could someone please advise?

Also - does anyone know how long it takes Delhi IRCC office to process the passport once received through VFS?

Thanks!

Reactions: jessiezhai

HoqMD

Feb 19, 2023
Hello all,
I really need a information badly.I got invitation letter unfortunately last year my income was little less(including co signer).I have a concern about PR application. There is written if we refuse you as sponsor and you want us keep processing your Family’s PR application then there will no refund and no guarantee that your family will approved. My question is why they have this option is there ever they have approved family PR application without eligible family sponsor?is there any chance they will approved family’s PR application after you apply even though sponsor is ineligible?any kind of idea or information will much appreciated.Thanks

shar2022

Oct 16, 2022
Hello all,
I really need a information badly.I got invitation letter unfortunately last year my income was little less(including co signer).I have a concern about PR application. There is written if we refuse you as sponsor and you want us keep processing your Family’s PR application then there will no refund and no guarantee that your family will approved. My question is why they have this option is there ever they have approved family PR application without eligible family sponsor?is there any chance they will approved family’s PR application after you apply even though sponsor is ineligible?any kind of idea or information will much appreciated.Thanks
Hello,

sponsor needs to meet the income requirement. If you are not meeting, your application will be rejected. option is there - if IRCC does spend resources etc to confirm you income etc. they will charge you. so most likely if you are short on your income, you might be asked to confirm you income again and if you don't meet application is refused. This is why IRCC always invite more applicants to apply, they know some will be rejected and some will not apply.

I hope this answer you question. Also here is more info that might help: https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/making-immigration-appeal/Pages/appealing-decision-sponsoring-parents-grandparents-income.aspx?=undefined&wbdisable=true

Thanks.

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
To members who got medicals or PPR
---- we got medical letter (IMM) dated 21 nov 2023 to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of date of this letter,
We got medical done on 8 th December 2023 , but doctor has not uploaded medical till now and they are saying it may take another week to upload due to heavy rush these days and they will send to ircc date wise . So probably it will be uploaded after 30 days deadline .will it be ok or may pose some problem ? Please take time to reply.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
After 5 GCMS notes and about a call/webform status check almost every week. Finally received the PR Portal mail, as the applicants are in Canada currently. Feels like a dream come true, thanks a lot to all the folks out here. Without this community I'd have felt dead in water. Thanks again folks.

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 17, 2022
Sponsoring: Mom, Dad
Application submitted: Nov 21, 2022
Sponsorship Approval - July 25, 2023
AOR: July 25, 2023
Biometrics Requested - Done with TRV
Pre arrival: 01-Sep-2023
Medical: 15-Sep-2023 (Passed)
PCC: 03-Oct-2023 (Updated on file)
Govt work exp: 01-Nov-2023 (Updated on file)
Final Decision in progress: 16-Nov-2023
PR Portal email : 18-Dec-2023
COPR:

nusmu00

Dec 17, 2023
Hello All,

I can see the status in IRCC portal as

And I received request to send passport on 5th December and sent it through VFS already.

Does this actually mean they have decided to grant PR and going to provide a temporary visa for landing? The reason I ask this is - during PCC - they asked for USA/FBI clearance for my mother but I request for a waiver as she never stayed for more than 6 months (though a several short trips). I haven't received any reply to that query and when I called IRCC they mentioned "we received your email and someone will get back to you". Now that they have already requested for passport - does that mean I can ignore the USA/FBI police clearance ask? Could someone please advise?

Also - does anyone know how long it takes Delhi IRCC office to process the passport once received through VFS?

Thanks!
Friends - any help on this please?

Abhilashg

Mar 2, 2022
After 5 GCMS notes and about a call/webform status check almost every week. Finally received the PR Portal mail, as the applicants are in Canada currently. Feels like a dream come true, thanks a lot to all the folks out here. Without this community I'd have felt dead in water. Thanks again folks.

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 17, 2022
Sponsoring: Mom, Dad
Application submitted: Nov 21, 2022
Sponsorship Approval - July 25, 2023
AOR: July 25, 2023
Biometrics Requested - Done with TRV
Pre arrival: 01-Sep-2023
Medical: 15-Sep-2023 (Passed)
PCC: 03-Oct-2023 (Updated on file)
Govt work exp: 01-Nov-2023 (Updated on file)
Final Decision in progress: 16-Nov-2023
PR Portal email : 18-Dec-2023
COPR: