+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
Thanks so much !!t
you can go to mp but usually they are not allowed to make inquiries before the processing time is passed or have something really important or serious. Usually they will only tell you its in process and you will get updates once they need
Thanks so much!!

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
Hi everyone, I got a PGP 2023 invite and just while doing the application wanted to get some insight for folks who have applied previous year and have more experience with the application.
  1. Is it okay for me as a sponsor to fill out the online application for my father (PA) and mother (PA Dependent)? as they are not tech savvy.
  2. If yes to above, I will just need to submit use of Representative form along with the application? Do I also have to submit the authorization to disclose information form?
  3. when I applied for interest to sponsor I was PR but now I am citizen and DO NOT have the original PR but do have the scanned copy. Can I submit that copy along with my passport?
  4. I am only sponsor - applying for parents only. I assume I would not be needing their birth certificates upfront (unless asked later)?
  5. Finally, any indication on how long the processing takes from submission of application after invitation to sponsor - to finally getting the COPR (if this timeline has yet been materialized)?
Again thank you in advance for the guidance on the above. 2023 applicants are trying to be part of a whatsapp group community where we can ask any questions. Is there any existing whatsapp group from 2022 applicants?
YES you fill out the forms on their behalf and yes Submit use of Representative form.
No need to submit the authorization to disclose information form
You can upload Canadian passport or citizenship certificate and provide letter of explanation.
Yes you don't need to provide your parents birth certificates but you need to provide your's

Reactions: mws87

mws87

Aug 3, 2016
YES you fill out the forms on their behalf and yes Submit use of Representative form.
No need to submit the authorization to disclose information form
You can upload Canadian passport or citizenship certificate and provide letter of explanation.
Yes you don't need to provide your parents birth certificates but you need to provide your's
Thank you. Any whatsapp group from previous applicants where we can be part of and ask question? (e.g. in form 5768 - Q14 what is the family size to be mentioned along with employment history? Will this be the family size including new undertakings (2 parents being sponsored in this PGP process) or without new undertakings?)

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
My timeline
Invitation-13th october 2022
Application filed-7th December 2022
Aor-7th june 2023
Biometrics done during super visa
Pre arrival-25th July 2023
Medical requested-28th August 2023
Medical done-5th september 2023
Pcc-Done with medical upfront
Pcc requested-27th september 2023 and uploaded.
Passport request-13th October 2023
Passport submission-18th October at vfs
Congrats! I’m assuming they didn’t accept your upfront pcc as they sent a request after it was submitted.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Parents Country of Citizenship:india
Your Province:bc
Invitation Date:13 oct 2022
Application Submitted Date: 29 nov 2022
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: 5406 for mother 16dec
Sponsor Approval:02 may 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval:Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: 13 april 2023 for mom , dad had valid biometrics from supervisa
Medicals Req Date:
PCC:pcc,adhar card,voter card Req Date: 19 may 2023 and submitted 13 june 2023 confirmed on 23 june they have received the documents
Medical request: used previously
Pre-Arrival Letter Date
: 21 aug 2023
Passport Req Date:22 aug and oct 03 2023
Passport submited - 6 oct
Passport received- 20 oct

Teegirl

Dec 3, 2022
I submitted PGP application since December 24, 2022. I haven't heard from IRCC other than the additional document financial Evaluation form which I filled and sent back to them in May 04, 2023. please do I fill a web form to inquire about the application or just keep waiting? Thanks

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Parents Country of Citizenship:india
Your Province:bc
Invitation Date:13 oct 2022
Application Submitted Date: 29 nov 2022
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: 5406 for mother 16dec
Sponsor Approval:02 may 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval:Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: 13 april 2023 for mom , dad had valid biometrics from supervisa
Medicals Req Date:
PCC:pcc,adhar card,voter card Req Date: 19 may 2023 and submitted 13 june 2023 confirmed on 23 june they have received the documents
Medical request: used previously
Pre-Arrival Letter Date
: 21 aug 2023
Passport Req Date:22 aug and oct 03 2023
Passport submited - 6 oct
Passport received- 20 oct
Congratulations @Rsingh401!
We're still waiting for eCOPR and PR Card from portal.
Have not seen any moment from Montreal VO.
It's going to be 2 months now.

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
is anybody recently got eCOPR from the portal or PR Card for those whose parents are in Canada?
Any update? progress?

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
I submitted PGP application since December 24, 2022. I haven't heard from IRCC other than the additional document financial Evaluation form which I filled and sent back to them in May 04, 2023. please do I fill a web form to inquire about the application or just keep waiting? Thanks

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
We are in same boat , application submitted 23 rd 2022 , but only AOR received and nothing afterwards since March 23. You may raise web form . We are just thinking to contact through Local MP but not sure.