+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
I have submitted my parents passport for stamping in sydney Australia. They have rejected my father photo and asked to submit the photo again, They have asked to follow the specification according to guide Imm 3999 appendix B. I am not able to find guide 3999 online. Anyone know the specifications for the photo according to this guide?

PG-BColumbia

Mar 28, 2015
Is there any Jamaican whose file was forwarded to Montreal Immigration even though you do not reside there and the person I am sponsoring will be living in BC as I have always been in BC?

If yes, should even be concern about MIFI submittal?
I had ignored it from May when I got the approval as I am not a resident but I am now concerned as its been quiet since May.

Last edited:

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Is there any Jamaican whose file was forwarded to Montreal Immigration even though you do not reside there and the person I am sponsoring will be living in BC as I have always been in BC?

If yes, should even be concern about MIFI submittal?
I had ignored it from May when I got the approval as I am not a resident but I am now concerned as its been quiet since May.
My mother’s file was transferred to Montreal even though I’m living in Calgary.
See my signature for timeline. I’ve heard nothing after file was transferred to Montreal.

balrajgoel

Sep 4, 2023
Hi All,

Here are details and update for my parent's application. Any idea how long will it take for receive PPR?

Invitation Received: Oct 13, 2022
Application Submitted: Oct 18, 2022
Request Received for Original Birth Certificate for Sponser: Dec 19, 2022
Submitted Original Birth Certificate for Sponser: Dec 19, 2022
Request Received for other supporting documents for applicants including PCC: Mar 17, 2023
Submitted other supporting documents for applicants including PCC: Apr 04, 2023
Medical Letter: July 18, 2023
Medical Done date: July 24, 2023
Medical passed date on portal: Aug 04, 2023
Pre Arrival Letter Received: Sep 12, 2023

Biometric was already done during Visitor visa and still valid, so it was not required for this application.

Current Status: Medical passed on Aug 04, 2023 and rest others are in progress or not required

Last edited:

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
seems only CPC-Mississauga is making further progress on PGP applications. All other offices are way slow like snail , specially those cases where files have been transferred from CPC-Mississauga to any other location e-g Vancouver ,London ,Montreal we don't see any update from any colleagues on this forum. it means either files not transferred or next immigration office is over loaded or not taking action on files been transferred. so we need to wait for infinite time.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
seems only CPC-Mississauga is making further progress on PGP applications. All other offices are way slow like snail , specially those cases where files have been transferred from CPC-Mississauga to any other location e-g Vancouver ,London ,Montreal we don't see any update from any colleagues on this forum. it means either files not transferred or next immigration office is over loaded or not taking action on files been transferred. so we need to wait for infinite time.
I agree with you.

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hello,
Can anyone please confirm this for me. After uploading PCC and proof of relationship docs, the wording in my gc key account changed to:
Review of additional document
  1. The additional documents you provided have been uploaded

2. Did this wording change from “uploaded” to “under review” or something similar for people after the documents were reviewed (like people who already received PPR)? Am trying to understand if there is an issue with the documents I submitted and maybe my file is stuck there.​

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hello,
Can anyone please confirm this for me. After uploading PCC and proof of relationship docs, the wording in my gc key account changed to:
Review of additional document
  1. The additional documents you provided have been uploaded

2. Did this wording change from “uploaded” to “under review” or something similar for people after the documents were reviewed (like people who already received PPR)? Am trying to understand if there is an issue with the documents I submitted and maybe my file is stuck there.​
Mine keep saying we have received additional documents you provided from june 22 (pcc and other doc.s) after that its same and no update
We are waiting for Medical

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Mine keep saying we have received additional documents you provided from june 22 (pcc and other doc.s) after that its same and no update
We are waiting for Medical
We had received medical request on July 18 and medical passed update on July 29 in gc key portal. Nothing after that. Only waiting for PPR now. Hopefully we get it soon.

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
I don't think they will process further for any of Indian applicants file due to rising tension between two countries.

Reactions: riizi

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Parents are here in Canada and I applied for PCC recently and it shows PCC is clear on the consulate website. But the BLS contact center is closed as of today and not sure if I will receive the PCC in time. Any one else in the same boat?

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Parents are here in Canada and I applied for PCC recently and it shows PCC is clear on the consulate website. But the BLS contact center is closed as of today and not sure if I will receive the PCC in time. Any one else in the same boat?
I hate to say this but most likely we wont receive anything until its solved