+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
EMERGENCY!
Hi, My mother's sponsorship is currently under "Finalize the permanent residence confirmation process". I have declared her residence in Canada, uploaded her photo and waiting for ECOPR. We have some emergency where she needs to travel immediately. I tried connecting to IRCC, but no luck.

can she travel now? What would be the procedure? Please advise!

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hello,
There hasn’t been any update on our file since July 29 - medical passed date. We are waiting for PPR now. I saw people with a similar timeline have already received PPR. Should I request GCMS notes/call IRCC to get an update on the application or just sit tight and wait? Please advise

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
I applied Dec14/20222 and received the same request in early Aug2023. I sent them my cancelled Indian passport which has my mom's name on it. Then received Sponsor approval end of Aug via email. When I called IRCC they did not have the information of sponsor approval even last week.
they didnt ask for a PCC when they asked for sponsors passport and school records. Do you know what I should do? Thank you! Congrats on getting sponsorship approval.

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
EMERGENCY!
Hi, My mother's sponsorship is currently under "Finalize the permanent residence confirmation process". I have declared her residence in Canada, uploaded her photo and waiting for ECOPR. We have some emergency where she needs to travel immediately. I tried connecting to IRCC, but no luck.

can she travel now? What would be the procedure? Please advise!
I guess she can still travel on her Valid visitor or super Visa. she can quickly go and come back.
or ask/submit the same question in online webform. they might get back to you in a day since this seems very urgent.

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
I have the same question. I was asked to submit voter ID and Adhaar but no PCC. Will they be asking for PCC in the future or process our application without PCC?

Regardless, should I go ahead and get apply for PCC from BLS? Or wait for PCC request?
Hello All, I would really appreciate response/guidance to my question from members here who are experienced with the process. Thank you.

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
I guess she can still travel on her Valid visitor or super Visa. she can quickly go and come back.
or ask/submit the same question in online webform. they might get back to you in a day since this seems very urgent.
Thank you for your response.
Just connected with IRCC and they informed she cannot travel until she receives the PR card. If urgent, we need to send an email and they will put her application on hold once she is back, they will start the process again. I really couldn't accept their response. They could have processed it from her home country instead of holding it.

copy

Apr 20, 2023
Thank you for your response.
Just connected with IRCC and they informed she cannot travel until she receives the PR card. If urgent, we need to send an email and they will put her application on hold once she is back, they will start the process again. I really couldn't accept their response. They could have processed it from her home country instead of holding it.
I would suggest you try calling them again. Sometimes an officer on the phone can be more experienced and will have more information to share.

Tarun Kumar

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Hello,
There hasn’t been any update on our file since July 29 - medical passed date. We are waiting for PPR now. I saw people with a similar timeline have already received PPR. Should I request GCMS notes/call IRCC to get an update on the application or just sit tight and wait? Please advise
I have a similar situation. No update since Aug 1.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

After the first AOR I have not recieved any update and I cant link the file as well. Is there any body else in same situation?

copy

Apr 20, 2023
Hello,

After the first AOR I have not recieved any update and I cant link the file as well. Is there any body else in same situation?
I too have had no updates after the AOR.
I was able to link the application using my mom's name in all caps as it appeared on the AOR.

TheCanadian7

Mar 4, 2023
Hello Everyone,
Posting my query again for valuable comments from others on forum:
- Have their been any instance where IRCC has still asked for Marriage Certificate of Parents despite providing other proofs like your own passport with parents' name or parents having each others name as Spouse in Passports?
- IRCC asking for Birth Certificate of Sponsor with name of Sponsor and parents in it?
Reason for asking is that my parents are currently in India (Country of Origin) and they can try obtaining these documents if IRCC has asked them to be provided from anyone.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,
- Have their been any instance where IRCC has still asked for Marriage Certificate of Parents despite providing other proofs like your own passport with parents' name or parents having each others name as Spouse in Passports?
- IRCC asking for Birth Certificate of Sponsor with name of Sponsor and parents in it?
Reason for asking is that my parents are currently in India (Country of Origin) and they can try obtaining these documents if IRCC has asked them to be provided from anyone.
I don't know the specific about India. But in normal cases, marriage certificate is the default document to proof a marriage. (i.e. parents' relationship) Most countries' passport do not have spouses/parents names.

Again, birth certificate is the default proof that the PA is the sponsor's parent. I though that was in many countries' document checklist to include with PGP application.

Reactions: TheCanadian7

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hello Everyone,
If I were you I will try getting them. At least you have them handy if asked for.

Reactions: TheCanadian7

nasikan

May 16, 2017
I submitted my parent's application in December 2021, I finally found that my income for 2018 did not meet MNI. The good thing is I do meet MNI for 2021 and 2022

In the email from CPC I did receive the following information for reassessment; is there someone who can guide me if we are still in the game and my CRA documents for 2022 and 21 will help us move forward with the application?

Reassessments
All sponsors are given the opportunity to provide as much supporting documentation as possible at
the time their sponsorship application is submitted. An officer then renders a decision based on the
information that was provided. Unfortunately, this decision cannot be reconsidered where the sponsor
omitted pertinent information or where financial circumstances have changed since that submission.
Reassessments may only be conducted if:
a) you met the MNI on the date of filing of this application, and
b) new information arises to indicate you would no longer be able to meet the MNI.
Note that an officer may also request updated evidence of income if more than 12 months have
elapsed since the receipt of your application.
Under such circumstances, a reassessment of the sponsor’s income shall be calculated on the basis
of the income earned as reported in the Notices of Assessment or Option C print outs issued by the
Canada Revenue Agency in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately
preceding the day on which the officer receives the updated evidence.

fcow

Jan 30, 2021
I submitted my parent's application in December 2021, I finally found that my income for 2018 did not meet MNI. The good thing is I do meet MNI for 2021 and 2022

In the email from CPC I did receive the following information for reassessment; is there someone who can guide me if we are still in the game and my CRA documents for 2022 and 21 will help us move forward with the application?

Reassessments
All sponsors are given the opportunity to provide as much supporting documentation as possible at
the time their sponsorship application is submitted. An officer then renders a decision based on the
information that was provided. Unfortunately, this decision cannot be reconsidered where the sponsor
omitted pertinent information or where financial circumstances have changed since that submission.
Reassessments may only be conducted if:
a) you met the MNI on the date of filing of this application, and
b) new information arises to indicate you would no longer be able to meet the MNI.
Note that an officer may also request updated evidence of income if more than 12 months have
elapsed since the receipt of your application.
Under such circumstances, a reassessment of the sponsor’s income shall be calculated on the basis
of the income earned as reported in the Notices of Assessment or Option C print outs issued by the
Canada Revenue Agency in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately
preceding the day on which the officer receives the updated evidence.
You are still in the game if you follow the instruction and provide the information they need