+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Lucifer Yang

Feb 27, 2017
Thanks! So we arent that far behind others hopefully? Yes biometrics already done here as well.
i think we are pretty far behind others lol... assume bio should be asked in july according to Lambo's timeline, then we need to wait for pcc/family relationship proof + medical + pre arrival letter + ppr... i guess it may take at least half years.

honylalwani

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
I got pre-arrival letter as well as PPR today - can someone please update the tracker for me.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
i think we are pretty far behind others lol... assume bio should be asked in july according to Lambo's timeline, then we need to wait for pcc/family relationship proof + medical + pre arrival letter + ppr... i guess it may take at least half years.
Hello, everyone this is what I recieved "
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

> Birth registration/certificate: Your birth certificate has been received as proof of your relationship to the Principal Applicant and Dependent. Additional information is required. Please provide a copy of yours and your parent's Passports and old school records.
This must be received at this office by: "

Is this the family relationship proof request? Is this normal? if so, what stage of the application is this in now and when is the next step?

We applied in December 23rd.

Thank you!!

Lucifer Yang

Feb 27, 2017
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

> Birth registration/certificate: Your birth certificate has been received as proof of your relationship to the Principal Applicant and Dependent. Additional information is required. Please provide a copy of yours and your parent's Passports and old school records.

Is this the family relationship proof request? Is this normal? if so, what stage of the application is this in now and when is the next step?

Thank you!!
Yes. it is family relationship proof request. it usually comes with pcc together. did they ask you for your parents pcc? btw, you just received it on friday?

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Yes. it is family relationship proof request. it usually comes with pcc together. did they ask you for your parents pcc? btw, you just received it on friday?
I did not see a request in the letter for the PCC. Do you know why they didnt ask for the PCC (is this the police clearance certificate? ) They asked me for the documents (old passports, school records etc, not PCC). exactly 1 month back.

TheCanadian7

Mar 4, 2023

Thank you!!
Hello Everyone,
I also received similar request to provide additional documents to prove my relationship to my parents and also to prove their relationship to each other (PA to Dep). Some documents had bit of spelling errors when read in English (Spelling were OK in Native language) for which I provided letter of explanation. I have couple of additional queries if any one can please help:
- Have their been any instance where IRCC has still asked for Marriage Certificate of Parents?
- IRCC asking for Birth Certificate of Sponsor with name of Sponsor and parents on it?
Reason for asking is that my parents are currently in India (Country of Origin) and they can try obtaining these documents if IRCC has asked them to be provided. Of course, it is very expensive to obtain them now and require extensive documentation. I have already provided alternate documents like my parents' passports having each other's name as spouses and my Indian passport with their names as parents.

Benew

Jan 24, 2023
SAME HERE, Which is your province ?

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023

Thank you!!
I applied Dec14/20222 and received the same request in early Aug2023. I sent them my cancelled Indian passport which has my mom's name on it. Then received Sponsor approval end of Aug via email. When I called IRCC they did not have the information of sponsor approval even last week.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hello, what do they test in the medicals. As you can imagine some parents are older and can have ailments etc. I know they take X-ray, which makes sense, and what do they test for Blood: CBC, Kidneys, liver etc. Is there a threshold for these numbers? Is there a link to this on the CIC, IRCC site? Thanks!
They just want to make sure PR applicants do not have communicable diseases.

Lucifer Yang

Feb 27, 2017
I did not see a request in the letter for the PCC. Do you know why they didnt ask for the PCC (is this the police clearance certificate? ) They asked me for the documents (old passports, school records etc, not PCC). exactly 1 month back.
maybe it is just a regular adr? you are supposed to receive sa after submitted and then pcc later. i guess.

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
I have the same question. I was asked to submit voter ID and Adhaar but no PCC. Will they be asking for PCC in the future or process our application without PCC?

Regardless, should I go ahead and get apply for PCC from BLS? Or wait for PCC request?

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello, what do they test in the medicals. As you can imagine some parents are older and can have ailments etc. I know they take X-ray, which makes sense, and what do they test for Blood: CBC, Kidneys, liver etc. Is there a threshold for these numbers? Is there a link to this on the CIC, IRCC site? Thanks!
IRCC wanted to make sure their Medical system should not be over burden by your sponsored candidate
Ex: if they find any kidney or liver disease. which will cost to Medical burden above certain amount , IRCC will fail medical .
and also any communicable disease ex: TB

Good luck

Reactions: YVR123

kafeime

Mar 4, 2011
Hi, I have a situation here, we(my mother is main applicant and my father is the co-applicant) are at the final stage waiting for the decision or passport request I believe. But now I don't need PR for my father any more, and I need PR for my mother only. What should I do to make sure I can still get PR for my mother? And is it possible to get refund for the withdraw of my father? Thanks!!!