+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
I'm also in the same boat.
I have entered the date when my parents visited us very first time on their super visa back in 2017 as original entry date.
then they went back in 2019 and they have come again last year and they are here now.

Reactions: EEMduShan

bhavik.61

Sep 13, 2023
Hi, new to the forum. Applied for PGP in November 2022. Received sponsorship approval in august 2023 and medical passed in august 2023. Received another request to submit Aadhar card and voter id. However the issue is voter id card is lost for my parents. Is it ok to submit only Aadhar card as relationship proof? Thanks

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi, new to the forum. Applied for PGP in November 2022. Received sponsorship approval in august 2023 and medical passed in august 2023. Received another request to submit Aadhar card and voter id. However the issue is voter id card is lost for my parents. Is it ok to submit only Aadhar card as relationship proof? Thanks
You have to submit both however you can apply voter card online and send ircc adhaar card and application status with explanation letter before the deadline but as i know you have to give both

Reactions: bhavik.61

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
I received an email to provide some info to create PR portal.
My mom is already in Canada and we informed IRCC to update her address which was completed by IRCC. Now in the email, they are asking to provide the original entry date. What should I enter because she is already here

Name as it appears in your passport: xxxx
UCI: xxxx
Email one for the whole family) : xxxx
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD) : ????
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD): which is January 2023
Location where you last entered (which Canadian border or Canadian airport): xxx
Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no): YES
That will be the date when they first time came to canada if you dont remm. Check passport for the stamp!!

Reactions: EEMduShan

Jaspreet5656

Apr 10, 2017
Hey everyone applied for pgp application in dec2022 got request for additional document in april and also got aor in april after that nothing. Yesterday i was going through the details of file once again i realized that i didn’t mention my mother’s previous refusal from 2016 to canada when i invited her for my convocation. She was approved afterwards and visited canada twice. Now should i send a updated form to ircc and ask then to consider this new form. How can i find out if they are working on their file and assigned a officer to it yet. Anything will help really stressed out.

LADI852

Sep 7, 2023
EI money will not be counted towards the income . so if you fall short to stay above min income requirement you file will be rejected . IRCC tells to meet min income requirement until the visa is approved . So if I were you I will not take a chance and try to find another job asap . I do not know what happens if you take EI for short time , may be it wont affect the file but better to check the website .
Thanks a lot dear

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Can you please provide your timeline. Thanks

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
My Question was around what kind of application (In country /Out of country ) we will treat in case parents are visiting multiple trip to Canada while PR application in process . Because this change total medical process hurdle .

Example :

When you got invitation and applied PR application parents was in home country and then you need to select Application is out of Country and which means the special exception which in country applicant have you will not get (read red Text ) which is big relief if your parents gone through medical recently because of any other application (in my case they already gave medical last year because of Super visa ) and my mother medical passed by so many further test and if for PR she need to go again multiple medical test who knows she will pass again or not
"
In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
"

One the other hand if parents are here while filing PR application medical step will not be needed
If the medical is not expired then they will accept it. Temporary public notice is only for those who has done medical in canada. I was thinking same because my parents went thoufh medical last year but because their medical was expired they got medical request again.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
If the medical is not expired then they will accept it. Temporary public notice is only for those who has done medical in canada. I was thinking same because my parents went thoufh medical last year but because their medical was expired they got medical request again.
Thanks for reply ,
My parents also did medical last year for super visa ,but it already passed 12 month time frame.

So I was in impression if they are already in Canada before Medical step (incase PR invitation come ) them medical might not needed .
As in IRCC website it is not mentioned that first medical need to be done in Canada.

But I know few people got MR even they are in Canada and few not
Really not sure what is criteria.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: find_anand

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
Thanks for reply ,
My parents also did medical last year for super visa ,but it already passed 12 month time frame.

So I was in impression if they are already in Canada before Medical step (incase PR invitation come ) them medical might not needed .
As in IRCC website it is not mentioned that first medical need to be done in Canada.

But I know few people got MR even they are in Canada and few not
Really not sure what is criteria.

Thanks
Surprised thing is I got pre arrival letter before getting PCC and Medical request. So really there is no pattern.

Reactions: YVR123

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hello All ,
I received the Pre -Arrival letter for my applicants on Sep 9 (medicals passed Aug 10) and now I see the below in the portal - any guidance on when we will get PPR
Final decision - September 13, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
your timeline please!

Oct 28, 2015
your timeline please!
Sponsored Person: (Parent/s, Grandparent/s, In Law/s) Parent
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Your Province: ON
Invitation Date: 12 Oct 2022
Application Submitted Date: 16 Oct 2022
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: Jan 12 2023 ( IMM 5768)
Sponsor Approval: 12 April 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: 11 April 2023
Medicals Req Date: Jul 26
PCC Req Date: 7 May 2023 Submitted : 16 May 2023
Pre-Arrival Letter Date: Sep 9
Passport Req Date: Sep 14

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
You could be in for a quite a wait for Virtual landing after the PPR. Its a multi step process which can take weeks so plan the travel accordingly.

I requested virtual landing 4 weeks ago but still have not heard back yet.
Yes, that's the plan. Their travel plans are quite fluid since they intende to go to US for a few months (Nov to Feb, most likely) to visit their son and his family after their stay in Canada. So, we have got a few options and time on hand. Ideal would be that virtual landing happens before they leave Canada, but it is looking increasingly unlikely at this point, given end of Oct travel date out of Canada