+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
Hello Everyone,
My Parents have done there Medical and Biometrics in 2022 for Super visa do they have to do this again for PGP. Please advise

Thank You
My in laws are on Supervisa as well, their last medical was done in Oct 2022. In Nov 2022 we received an invitation for PGP. 2 months back we got a request for PCC and some of my wife's documents but no medical. I never contacted them to ask why not, I assume it's valid for 12 months. Today got a pre-arrival services letter. To answer your question, just provide what they ask for.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hello All, I received Pre-arrival and SA last week and this week we got the Medical request. No PCC yet, called IRCC and they mentioned since my parents already have TRV, they exempted from PCC. Is this true?
It really depends on per case basis. For us, we have super visa and still had to submit PCC.

Reactions: yourfather

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
I got the sponsor approved. Have to submit Pcc. From India. My parents are currently in Canada on super visa can someone please let me know process to apply for Pcc from India while in Canada.
Get it done with BLS/Consulate. Less headache than getting it done in India. I did the same for my in laws.

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
For those who have gone through the process of virtual landing, how long did it take you to get the login credentials? And after how long did you receive eCOPR and PR cards?

I requested virtual landing 2 weeks ago but have not heard back except the auto response email from IRCC.

MODESTLADY89

Aug 30, 2023
Can anyone help me out with some info please?

I want to sponsor my mother who is back home in Barbados and she is mentally disabled and cannot work or live alone so we use to have someone who would take care of her back home but unfortunately the lady who takes care of my mother has passed away unexpectedly and now I am the only child and I have nobody to take care of my mother. I am a permanent resident of Canada since last year.

Thank you in advance

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

I want to sponsor my mother who is back home in Barbados and she is mentally disabled and cannot work or live alone so we use to have someone who would take care of her back home but unfortunately the lady who takes care of my mother has passed away unexpectedly and now I am the only child and I have nobody to take care of my mother. I am a permanent resident of Canada since last year.

Thank you in advance
If your portal confirmation office is Etobicoke, then here is a thread for it.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-etobicoke.821382

Else there is a timeline thread for all portal confirmation timelines here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-pr-confirmation-portal.713006/page-1039

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Thank you in advance
unfortunately, to sponsor your parents, you need to meet 3 years of LIMO and also be picked from the lottery (if that haven't change for 2023 PGP which hasn't been announced yet).

It's probably best to apply for supervisa for her at the time being so she can stay in Canada. I don't know if you can get supervisa health insurnace with her current health condition. Maybe you can first try to get her a new helper back home and then look into other options.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

Thank you in advance
I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I know it can be very frustrating.
As of now, if you didn't submit the interest to sponsor form in 2020, then there is no way to sponsor under PGP stream. I would say your best bet is talking to an immigration lawyer for getting your mother permanent residency on humanitarian and compassionate ground or try for super visa but you need to figure out the health insurance side.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I know it can be very frustrating.
As of now, if you didn't submit the interest to sponsor form in 2020, then there is no way to sponsor under PGP stream. I would say your best bet is talking to an immigration lawyer for getting your mother permanent residency on humanitarian and compassionate ground or try for super visa but you need to figure out the health insurance side.
H&C is only possible if her mom is in Canada. So getting a visitor visa is the first step. From the information provided, it doesn't look like that's possible for a regular visitor visa.

ss123456ss

Jun 8, 2023
Congratulations! what is your timeline?
Parents Country of Citizenship:india
Your Province:AB
Invitation Date:13 oct 2022
Application Submitted Date: 20 nov 2022
Additional Doc Req: Dec 9 2022 Submitted Dec 12
Sponsor Approval: March 30 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: Had valid biometrics from supervisa
PCC and other docs: Pcc, adhar card, voter card, Metric certs etc. Req Date: 8 may 2023 and submitted 26 May 2023
Medical request: July 18, approved July 26
Pre-Arrival Letter Date: August 26
Passport Req Date: August 28

Reactions: jessiezhai

sonal1988

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........