+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello, I know that the CIC are working on the 2020 applications. And nothing has been open since.

I have a few questions:

1) Do we know when the new application process will begin?
2) I would like to be prepared with all the documents to submit for when the quota opens again, do we know what documents are required?

Please let me know.

Thank you

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Try clicking on the link that is embedded in the pdf letter that you sent you. In my case this is the one https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Here you will have an option to choose a country, if you choose Canada from the list... you will be directed to the below link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

In one of the section you will find the below text

Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You don’t need to provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada. We’ll tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

In my case, i.e., letter they have not asked for Canada specifically, but only the home country.
Thank you

Reactions: happyCanadian

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hei cant we send upfront medical? I am in the process of uploading PCC and other info request. I guess we have to wait long to get the medical request?
Do share your experience of PCC submission.

I noticed the system asked for expiry date of the pcc, not sure what to put if there is no exp. date written in the certificate. Also, how to submit multiple pcc with different issue dates? below are something that I am planing to do

1. Writting an explanation letter and attaching PCCs on it
  2. Putting earliest issue date among multiple certificates (no issue if there is only one pcc)
  3. Putting exp. date one year from the issue date mentioned in 2

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Do share your experience of PCC submission.

I noticed the system asked for expiry date of the pcc, not sure what to put if there is no exp. date written in the certificate. Also, how to submit multiple pcc with different issue dates? below are something that I am planing to do

1. Writting an explanation letter and attaching PCCs on it
  2. Putting earliest issue date among multiple certificates (no issue if there is only one pcc)
  3. Putting exp. date one year from the issue date mentioned in 2

I was able to link my app in GC key account. So I am seeing the location for uploading pcc both for my parents . I was also provided option to send them via email (they shared an email address).

I was confused about the PCC, as my parents stayed more than 6 months in Canada last year. But later on I found in Forum that, PCC is only required from Backhome country.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I was able to link my app in GC key account. So I am seeing the location for uploading pcc both for my parents . I was also provided option to send them via email (they shared an email address).

I was confused about the PCC, as my parents stayed more than 6 months in Canada last year. But later on I found in Forum that, PCC is only required from Backhome country.
If you choose to send via email, make sure the combine file size of all the files attached in the email do not exceed 5 MB.

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hi guys, yesterday I received an email regarding option C, but I had already given it to them as they had requested earlier in March, and I have the acknowledgement letter issued by CPC Mississauga. What should I do? Should I submit the acknowledgement letter of the option C form or deposit the option C form again?
Email is
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
OR
o If you selected “No” to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to
provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout
for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your
parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same
as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi guys, yesterday I received an email regarding option C, but I had already given it to them as they had requested earlier in March, and I have the acknowledgement letter issued by CPC Mississauga. What should I do? Should I submit the acknowledgement letter of the option C form or deposit the option C form again?
Email is
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
OR
o If you selected “No” to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to
provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout
for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your
parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same
as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this
Read at the post you posted, it reads " In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible: "

minnekei

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014 (AOR2:19-02-2014)
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2014 (IP: 19-08-2014, DM: 28-10-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-11-2014
I applied visitor record extension for my mom in May and today she received the medical exam request. Both my parents are in Canada now as temp visitor. I know the med exam is not for the PR but it could fast track the process as an "up front med exam for PR". My dad gonna do the med exam as "up front" as well so their process can be on the same page.

What are the best way to acknowledge IRCC about the up front med exam results? Send through Wed Form or upload on the GCkey secure system? Or do I need to do anything maybe the Panel Physician will send to IRCC so I just wait the med exam results show up automatically online?