+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, an update. IRCC sent us an email what looks like sponsorship approval email with an attachment. After asking non-exitence documents like (adhar, OCI, indian passport, ration card.. not sure what some of these are exactly) along with police certificates and detail of govement service form, we received this. Not sure how we were eligible to sponsor without them not convinced with our relationship.

Is it normal to get sponsorship approval even if they are not sure about relationship between sponsor and PA and/or PA and his/her dependents??
You can be approved as a sponsor but still face issues when it comes to a person is eligible to be sponsored. Until you get final approval there can always be issues.

Reactions: happyCanadian

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
She may need to leave just because she is visiting Canada on a normal TRV and extensions are not guaranteed. There is a virtual landing option if she is in Canada at the point of approval.
No need to leave but anytime a applicant come to canada they need to update ircc they will work accordingly

They can come now too also extension for visitor is unlimited and as far as i know parents hardly get refusal for extension they can extend only 1 mnth but you can apply again !!

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Guys I am not able to link my application. I have got email that I have passed eligibility for sponsoring my parents. Now I am waiting for Police clearance cert call, Medical and Passport call.

I do not know what is my application number is, I have UCI number from my Super visa application.

How can I link my application? Please help.

Finally I was able to link my father's application, who is principal applicant. Please remember this info, this helped me.

1) I used Application number & Last name
2) If you’re applying for family sponsorship, in the last question, “Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application”, also include the sponsor and the co-signer (if applicable). The number entered will be at least 2.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Greeting everyone. We received a message requesting few things by IRCC.

1. Proof of residential address, which is straight forward ( we are planning to submit driver's license, and utility bills)
  2. Proof of relationship: we submitted marriage certificate and birth certificate at the beginning. Now they are asking, adhaar and voter's ID. What are these?? In the country where my in-laws are there is no voter's ID and what is Adhaar? I search about this and noticed, this is some sort of ID in India but we are not from India, so whay are they asking this?? mistake??
  3. Also, Police certificate, which we will apply and send them soon.
Anyone who received this. They have even asked us Indian Passports and/OCI, not sure what is going on?
Greetings. In regards to the submission on non-existence documents, we submitted a webform request on June 21 and received ack email of submission immediately. We received, on June 26 (today), an email from their mailbox suggesting that the information/documents we submitted via webform have been added to our file. Just now, on June 26, we received a request letter in our online account suggesting us to disregard the previous letter via online, and asking us a new list documents (actually reduced list from the earlier one). In the new list, they have removed the proof of relationship (so no more India specific document) and just asked us to submit police certificate for parents (father, principal applicant , and mother, dependent spouse) and mother's details of government services. We have been given 30 days from now, so kind of gain of 4-5 days, as we wont be able to get certificates in 30 days from parents' home country (the standard time is 30 days or more).

One question though, when I sent them an explanation letter why we wont be able to submit police certificates on time, do we need to send them a proof. If yes, what could be such? Are screen shots of (a) website suggesting processing time for PCC, (b) online application submission enough ??

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Greetings. In regards to the submission on non-existence documents, we submitted a webform request on June 21 and received ack email of submission immediately. We received, on June 26 (today), an email from their mailbox suggesting that the information/documents we submitted via webform have been added to our file. Just now, on June 26, we received a request letter in our online account suggesting us to disregard the previous letter via online, and asking us a new list documents (actually reduced list from the earlier one). In the new list, they have removed the proof of relationship (so no more India specific document) and just asked us to submit police certificate for parents (father, principal applicant , and mother, dependent spouse) and mother's details of government services. We have been given 30 days from now, so kind of gain of 4-5 days, as we wont be able to get certificates in 30 days from parents' home country (the standard time is 30 days or more).

One question though, when I sent them an explanation letter why we wont be able to submit police certificates on time, do we need to send them a proof. If yes, what could be such? Are screen shots of (a) website suggesting processing time for PCC, (b) online application submission enough ??
Yes do send proof of submission ,online in process screen shot or something and also send detail where it says its gonna take 30 or more days

Reactions: happyCanadian

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Yes do send proof of submission ,online in process screen shot or something and also send detail where it says its gonna take 30 or more days
Thank you ... thats what I thought. We have 4 weeks more to submit.. so will wait. Planning to send all the proof two days before the deadline that was given to us.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I am sponsoring my mother. I am married (my husband is not a co-signer) and have a daughter. I entered 2 as the number of persons (my mother and myself).
This is interesting and strange, my wife is sponsoring her parents (father and mother, 2). I co-signed the application and we have a child. We entered 5.

P.S: We were able to link the application way before receiving any communication from them. We used information on passport to link the application, as we had no file number and UCI at the time of link. However, we learned those number after we were able to link the application.

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
This is interesting and strange, my wife is sponsoring her parents (father and mother, 2). I co-signed the application and we have a child. We entered 5.

P.S: We were able to link the application way before receiving any communication from them. We used information on passport to link the application, as we had no file number and UCI at the time of link. However, we learned those number after we were able to link the application.
I was able to link my application before aor too. Are you able to see your application on ecas?