+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, an update. IRCC sent us an email what looks like sponsorship approval email with an attachment. After asking non-exitence documents like (adhar, OCI, indian passport, ration card.. not sure what some of these are exactly) along with police certificates and detail of govement service form, we received this. Not sure how we were eligible to sponsor without them not convinced with our relationship.

Is it normal to get sponsorship approval even if they are not sure about relationship between sponsor and PA and/or PA and his/her dependents??

dkv2023

Apr 9, 2023
Hi. What is the timeline for pr confirmation portal. I uploaded images and addresses on June 12. . It's still showing reviewing. Any idea. When they approve the address and photo

Oatmeal

Sep 12, 2016
Hi, an update. IRCC sent us an email what looks like sponsorship approval email with an attachment. After asking non-exitence documents like (adhar, OCI, indian passport, ration card.. not sure what some of these are exactly) along with police certificates and detail of govement service form, we received this. Not sure how we were eligible to sponsor without them not convinced with our relationship.

Is it normal to get sponsorship approval even if they are not sure about relationship between sponsor and PA and/or PA and his/her dependents??
Yes it is normal. I got same request from IRCC for my mother. We were asked for PCC and Govt detail form which we uploaded on the website, and emailed IRCC the aadhar card photo.

Reactions: jessiezhai

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Yes it is normal. I got same request from IRCC for my mother. We were asked for PCC and Govt detail form which we uploaded on the website, and emailed IRCC the aadhar card photo.
Thank you for the reply, good to know its normal. We were also asked for the same .. problem is some of them do not exist. We are asked to submit Adhar?? indian passport, OCI?? PAN?? .. we have sent them email asking if this was a mistake, yet to hear from them.

Last edited:

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All, please reply if anyone file has transferred from cpc-mississauga to Vancouver immigration mentioned in sponsor approval email . did any one find any update from Vancouver office after receiving the file from cpc-mississauga. please share timeline . Thanks

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Thank you for the reply, good to know its normal. We were also asked for the same .. problem is some of them do not exist. We are asked to submit Adhar?? indian passport, OCI?? PAN?? .. we have sent them email asking if this was a mistake, yet to hear from them.
Are you part of the 2022 PGP sponsorship group? Seems as if you are way further ahead than anyone else in the 2022 group. What is your processing timeline?

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Hi All, please reply if anyone file has transferred from cpc-mississauga to Vancouver immigration mentioned in sponsor approval email . did any one find any update from Vancouver office after receiving the file from cpc-mississauga. please share timeline . Thanks
Congrats on receiving your sponsorship approval. I've only received AOR through Mississauga.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Are you part of the 2022 PGP sponsorship group? Seems as if you are way further ahead than anyone else in the 2022 group. What is your processing timeline?
Yes 2022 PGP. Not sure if I am a head. Many people here, 2022 PGP, have AoR, pcc request or even medical (?).

Received invitation on W2 of OCT'22
Applied W1 of Nov'22
ADR (hand signed rep. form) and submission: W1 Dec'22
Able to link application: W1 May'23
Biometric request/submission: Jun 14'23
PCC and India specific document request: Jun 20'23
SA approval: Jun 22'23

We have sent webform and email asking what else we can submit as a substitution of Indian passport, OCI, adhar, voter etc even though we submitted birth certificate and marriage certificate. Not yet received any reply from them, other than ACK that request/document has been added to our file that we sent via webform.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

Zion12

Feb 3, 2020
Hello everyone, I received a request for police certificate today, and also a detail of government employment imm 0149. my question is, what is the meaning of rank 1 2 3.. what can i put in there, my mom is gov employee from 1983-1984. im getting confused about the rank, please help thank you

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hello everyone, I received a request for police certificate today, and also a detail of government employment imm 0149. my question is, what is the meaning of rank 1 2 3.. what can i put in there, my mom is gov employee from 1983-1984. im getting confused about the rank, please help thank you
Hi, my inlaws also received the same for MIL. Do not know exactly what to put but you can get some hint from this thread, we are also trying to understand

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/details-of-govt-service-you-are-required-to-provide-a-completed-details-of-government-service-form-enclosed-containing-the-specifics-of-your-duties.749554/page-4#post-10517471

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, I have a question. I’m sponsoring my mother for a PR and I received the SA. We are now waiting for the PCC letter.

Just a few weeks ago my mother received a visitor visa to Canada that she had applied a year ago. She is planning to come to Canada as a visitor after she finishes both the PCC and the medical exam.

My question is, if she comes to Canada as a visitor and if IRCC issue her PR, douse she have to leave Canada and come back or IRCC can just change her status from visitor to PR while staying in Canada?
She may need to leave just because she is visiting Canada on a normal TRV and extensions are not guaranteed. There is a virtual landing option if she is in Canada at the point of approval.