+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

acpgp

May 23, 2023
Hi, I got the PCC request on May 5th and has been given only 30 days to submit it in IRCC portal. I got the appointment with PSK India for May 2nd and feels that I'll not be able to submit the letter within timeline. How can I get an extension ? Which email address should I send the request for an extension ?

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi

I did receive the Sponsor eligibility letter, from CIC.
My parents have completed the biometrics. But Medical and PCC is pending.
My question is, with regard to PCC, under the Requirements for Processing, it mentions about PCC too. Is this the PCC submission request letter or Sponsor eligibility letter or DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR another letter from CPC Mississauga for requesting PCC?

Can someone share the sample PCC letter from PGP 2022?

mentioning the below.

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you may find contact information for that visa office at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

In the same letter, it is also mentioned.

Requirements for Processing

In order to minimize delays, please submit a valid email address for the Principal Applicant and/or their Authorized Representative via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html. This email address will be used to communicate with the Principal Applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) throughout the processing of their application.
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

Police Certificate:
The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live, and
 Any country they have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificates: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
this is also requirement of PCC letter. In order to confirm this, go to your Gckey account, from all doc for submitting, it should have pending PCC link for you to upload.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi, I got the PCC request on May 5th and has been given only 30 days to submit it in IRCC portal. I got the appointment with PSK India for May 2nd and feels that I'll not be able to submit the letter within timeline. How can I get an extension ? Which email address should I send the request for an extension ?
If you are approaching the deadline and still haven't received your pcc then you can send them an email (the one mentioned in the PCC request letter) and attach proof(s) showing that you have submitted the application for PCC, such as any receipts, tracking information, application reference numbers etc; and explain that you have not yet received it. You can ask for an extension in the email.

Reactions: acpgp

sonal1988

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
Doc's Request.
In Process since 25th September 2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
26-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13TH OCTOBER 2014,Submitted on 14th October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
22ND OCTOBER 2014,,DECISION MADE ON 14TH OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
NOVEMBER 2014
Still waiting for AOR
INVITATION RECEIVED-13TH OCTOBER 2022
FILES SUBMITTED-8TH DECEMBER 2022
ONLY SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION RECEIVED.
NO AOR YET

Reactions: Xiaose

sonal1988

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
Doc's Request.
In Process since 25th September 2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
26-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13TH OCTOBER 2014,Submitted on 14th October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
22ND OCTOBER 2014,,DECISION MADE ON 14TH OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
NOVEMBER 2014

acpgp

May 23, 2023
If you are approaching the deadline and still haven't received your pcc then you can send them an email (the one mentioned in the PCC request letter) and attach proof(s) showing that you have submitted the application for PCC, such as any receipts, tracking information, application reference numbers etc; and explain that you have not yet received it. You can ask for an extension in the email.
Thanks for your reply . I have sent an email to IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but haven't received any response for an extension. What is generally the timeline for them to reply for an extension ?

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Yep, No AOR, submitted in December. However, there has been a lot of returned messages...such as Additional Family Information form new version from FEb 2023, then use of rep form (2: one from sponsor and one from parents to have son as Rep, which i think is silly) so lots of delays, have responded to all of them in a timely fashion.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: acpgp

cocoa_butter

May 24, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have received a letter today for ineligibility for the following reason:

Pursuant to regulation 133(1)(j)(i), you do not meet the minimum necessary income requirement.

The thing is I immigrated in 2019 and started working in April of that year, and they assessed the minimum income requirement based on yearly income from 2019-2021. For the next two years, I earned income greater than the total threshold, so I do not see a reason why it should be rejected.

It had taken the option to send the application through in the event of application found ineligible, and they it was mentioned I could appeal. Hopefully, they are able to ask me my NOA for 2022, which would meet the income requirement.

Not sure if anyone have had the same issue, hopefully we can help each other.

Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

Pursuant to regulation 133(1)(j)(i), you do not meet the minimum necessary income requirement.

The thing is I immigrated in 2019 and started working in April of that year, and they assessed the minimum income requirement based on yearly income from 2019-2021. For the next two years, I earned income greater than the total threshold, so I do not see a reason why it should be rejected.

It had taken the option to send the application through in the event of application found ineligible, and they it was mentioned I could appeal. Hopefully, they are able to ask me my NOA for 2022, which would meet the income requirement.

Thanks.
You did not meet the requirement to sponsor your parents. And you applied anyway. It doesn't matter when you became a PR or when you have a legal status to work in Canada (some PR was able to obtain LICO before they became PRs as they worked as foreign workers in Canada). The requirement is to meet the LICO for the previous 3 years.

Not many people report back when they have issue to not meet LICO. So thanks for reporting back. Let us know how IRCC proceed your application. And if making more than LICO in 2022 and onward will help the application.

cocoa_butter

May 24, 2023
You did not meet the requirement to sponsor your parents. And you applied anyway. It doesn't matter when you became a PR or when you have a legal status to work in Canada (some PR was able to obtain LICO before they became PRs as they worked as foreign workers in Canada). The requirement is to meet the LICO for the previous 3 years.

Not many people report back when they have issue to not meet LICO. So thanks for reporting back. Let us know how IRCC proceed your application. And if making more than LICO in 2022 and onward will help the application.
I was not clear on how they are assessing the LICO based on income made on each individual year as opposed to the last three years altogether. In IMM5768, we are asked to report income based on employer timeline and not on tax year. So, I compared the total of the three years which put me above the line, which was my mistake.

I would have still submitted if I were to know that 2019 would not have passed, but maybe not opt to process the application. Who knows after how long before my interest would have been picked up. My concern now is if my application gets rejected, will I still be in the pool to get a chance to apply?

One thing I can hope for is "Reassessments", which I am not sure if it would be possible at this point.

"Reassessments

All sponsors are given the opportunity to provide as much supporting documentation as possible at the time their sponsorship application is submitted. An officer then renders a decision based on the information that was provided. Unfortunately, this decision cannot be reconsidered where the sponsor omitted pertinent information or where financial circumstances have changed since that submission.

"Reassessments may only be conducted if:

a) you met the MNI on the date of filing of this application, and
b) new information arises to indicate you would no longer be able to meet the MNI.

Note that an officer may also request updated evidence of income if more than 12 months have elapsed since the receipt of your application. Under such circumstances, a reassessment of the sponsor’s income shall be calculated on the basis of the income earned as reported in the Notices of Assessment or Option C print outs issued by the Canada Revenue Agency in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the day on which the officer receives the updated evidence."

I am unclear if "receipt of application" is when the visa officer will get the application or when I submitted it online. I would be glad if they would reassess my LICO after 12 months I guess.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
you were not eligible , they need last 3 years of tax returns . so if you file application in 2022 , they need income of 2021 , 2020 and 2019 . also you must be employed in Canada for those 3 years .

If you meet the income of 2019 then also chances are very slim as i believe you were not residing in Canada for full year . There is very little change but i think its worth to file an appeal.

After rejection you will be out of Pool and wait until pool is open for new invitation .

Reactions: YVR123