+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Canadagens

Sep 13, 2021
they are not your clients ,they are your parents ,to elaborate on it ,you are not being paid to be a rep .so it should be Permanent resident portal and not welcome to the representative permanent resident portal because its for licensed rep ...and you are not one .
I guess it make more sense now. thank you

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Question - For parents marriage certificate, what other docs can be provided if it doesn't exist?
Do they have to fill out IMM 5409?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Question - For parents marriage certificate, what other docs can be provided if it doesn't exist?
Do they have to fill out IMM 5409?
the documents depends on the country they originally come from .
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union IMM 5409 form. is for a person who has an unmarried union with another person.

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
the documents depends on the country they originally come from .
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union IMM 5409 form. is for a person who has an unmarried union with another person.
They were married in India over 36 years ago, when Marriage certificate wasn't a thing yet.
I'm pretty sure a lot of folks are in the same boat.
Any suggestions or what can be done in lieu of the marriage certificate?

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
They were married in India over 36 years ago, when Marriage certificate wasn't a thing yet.
I haven't done this. But based on forums I have read, an affidavit would be the easier option or register their marriage and apply for a marriage certificate now.

Reactions: disp.31089

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
My parents were married 47 years ago in India and they applied last week and got registered marriage certificate today.

Your parents will need to prepare a file that includes memorandum of marriage, their Aadhar cards, voter ID cards, 2 guarantors one from each parent side with their IDs on file, priest ID and sign on application. If your parents can arrange these things and submit to local municipal or gram panchayat office where marriage took place they will get it within one or two days. There are some paid folks available to help out prepare filling in India.

Reactions: YVR123

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Update on our application. We applied on early Nov 2022. Today we received an email from CIC citing that our application is not complete. It suggest that Use of Representative form IMM5476 is incomplete and is missing hand-written signature. They have given us to submit the form with a letter within 30 days via email.

Teegirl

Dec 3, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the income evaluation and I am hoping I will get help from this forum.

Started working for my company in January 2019 and my offer letter state I will earn $53k/yr, adding my part time job will make me qualify to sponsor 4.

My question now is, I went on medical leave for over 6 weeks which was unpaid and it’s not reflecting in my T4.

Please do You advise I go ahead and apply to sponsor 4 people with explanation letter or just settle with 3?

Thanks

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the income evaluation and I am hoping I will get help from this forum.

Started working for my company in January 2019 and my offer letter state I will earn $53k/yr, adding my part time job will make me qualify to sponsor 4.

My question now is, I went on medical leave for over 6 weeks which was unpaid and it’s not reflecting in my T4.

Please do You advise I go ahead and apply to sponsor 4 people with explanation letter or just settle with 3?

Thanks
You have to go by what you Tax refund say I forget what line it is..... The amount on that line is what CRA uses.

Wait for others mention that line but your tax return is the proof not your employment letter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thanks
You have to meet LICO for all three years. So what does your NOA say for each year and do you meet LICO for each year? Offer letter means nothing. If you don’t the application will be refused. You must sponsor all 4 people even if non accompanying. You can’t just take a person off your applicaiton.

Teegirl

Dec 3, 2022
You have to meet LICO for all three years. So what does your NOA say for each year and do you meet LICO for each year? Offer letter means nothing. If you don’t the application will be refused. You must sponsor all 4 people even if non accompanying. You can’t just take a person off your applicaiton.

Teegirl

Dec 3, 2022
Thank you for your response, I included 2 people in my application, just want to know if I can add one person as my parents dependant but you seem to have answered the question.