+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When will they open the site to apply for intent to sponsor family members again? We have MIL on a SuperVisa here...can we apply for her within Canada if we even get the invite?
2022 just happened so give it a year for the program to re-open. It will not be known what requirements are or if they will open it up to people who are not in the pool from 2020.

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
I have submitted the application for PGP 2022. My address had changed since I submitted the interest form in 2020. I have explained in Letter of explanation but I forgot to attach the proof of address change. Is it something concerning? how can I send it now

ellyell

Nov 21, 2022
Hello everyone! Could someone please help me with following:
1) Guideline says "Photos: The back of one (1) photo must contain the following and must be uploaded." I got photos in digital format and in paper. Do i need to scan the back of the paper one with all requested details and attach? if yes, should it be attached in one file with the front pic or can it be attached as 2 separate files?
2) Form IMM5768 SIN part - I signed that by applying signature with Adode Acrobat electronically with their sign functionality. However i see that a lot of people recommend to physically sign it and scan it. Would digital signature be accepted?

Thank you!

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
@sch93 you should be okay submitting a copy of the PR card along with your citizenship certificate, just explain that it is an older copy. If you want, you can also include the photo of the destroyed PR card if you have it (assuming you might have emailed it to IRCC as part of your virtual citizenship oath ceremony).
The guide 5772 clearly states that you have to upload the same document as IRCC will use it verify the information in your interest to sponsor form.
Thanks alot.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I have submitted the application for PGP 2022. My address had changed since I submitted the interest form in 2020. I have explained in Letter of explanation but I forgot to attach the proof of address change. Is it something concerning? how can I send it now
you need a proof ,stating that you changed your address without supporting documents wont be taken into consideration any official document will help ,utility bills, change of address on drivers license ,car insurance .

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
As you did explain it in the letter, lets hope the officer will ask for the proof of address once they start processing the application. I think you should be okay.

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
I have a question on Biometric Fee.
My parents hold a visitor visa and they gave their biometric in 2019 and its still valid til 2029(10 years). My understanding was that i dont need to pay for biometric fee for Parents sponsership again.
But i read today in the 5772 Sponsership Guide that we need to pay for fees even if we have done biometrics in past. Is someone in same boat ?

Reference from Guide 5772

When to give your biometrics
You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My parents hold a visitor visa and they gave their biometric in 2019 and its still valid til 2029(10 years). My understanding was that i dont need to pay for biometric fee for Parents sponsership again.
But i read today in the 5772 Sponsership Guide that we need to pay for fees even if we have done biometrics in past. Is someone in same boat ?

You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
Sorry i do not have answer for your question but It is better to pay now , or else file may get delayed . If they think you have over paid they can refund it . I would chose to pay now instead of putting file at risk for being delayed for small fee amount .

Last edited:

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022

Yes you technically do not need to pay if you have a valid one. However, since I hate unnecessary interactions with IRCC I choose to pay in full and apply for refund at a later date. I believe this is a personal preference and you could not go wrong.

I am almost at the end of the journey and on my GCMS notes it's clearly states that biometric not required. However, I have decided to apply for refund after they land....lol

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Should I send the proof of address change by web form before th officer ask for it
You can try sending it via webform but as there is no application number available before AOR is issued, i am not sure how they will tie the information to your application.
May be submit your's and your parent's UCI number (it should be on the visa stamp) in the webform as well.

Reactions: YVR123

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015

Here is your answer:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Last edited:

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
What do you think they will not return my application because my address doesn't match with interest to sponsor form as I forgot to attach the proof of address change before AOR is issued.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
What do you think they will not return my application because my address doesn't match with interest to sponsor form as I forgot to attach the proof of address change before AOR is issued.
Don't think they'll return it as it is not a super critical piece of information. You can try submitting a web form and mention your's and your parent's UCI number in it.

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Folks, basic question...just want understand MNI... If main sponsor doesn't meet the MNI requirements can then he or she can include their spouse's income does it gets added to the main sponsor's income or does spouse has to have income to meet MNI?

Example Sponsor -50K + Cosigner-50K= 100K MNI?? does it work like this? or cosigner needs to have income to meet MNI?