File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla! Was planning on not having my spouse co-sign. Guess she will need to be included as a co-signee.
Yes, you need to do that.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello,

I received the invitation for my parents. We are a family of 3 (my wife, my son and myself). I will be sponsoring my mom and dad. My query is, the financial assessment years are 2019, 2020, 2021. I had taken paternity leave in 2019 due to which my employment income in 2019 dropped below the prescribed salary that i earn to take care of 5 individuals in 2019 ($69,423). While I was making contributions to my pension plan, I was getting EI per the federal/provincial plan. My earnings for 2018 were above the requirement. Does this now make me not eligible to sponsor my parents?

Any guidance on this is appreciated.

Thanks!
benefits received during Maternity leave is also counted as income , i hope you have already taken that in to consideration while calculating the income ? If you have done that and still below the required amount then unfortunately you are not eligible .

Reactions: Roshsky

Roshsky

Oct 12, 2017
Correct. You are ineligible to sponsor your parents. Your NOA must meet the income requirements for all three years.
Thanks Scylla! Was planning on completing it without a co-signee (my spouse). Will now include her to meet the requirement.

Roshsky

Oct 12, 2017
benefits received during Maternity leave is also counted as income , i hope you have already taken that in to consideration while calculating the income ? If you have done that and still below the required amount then unfortunately you are not eligible .
Thanks. I had'nt factored that. Will look into it.

armstrong800

Nov 15, 2022
Hi folks,

I recently started prepping sponsorship PR apps for my parents. I have a few questions that are not clarified in the 2002 intake guide 5772 (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html), and I was not able to find answers in this forum. Please, provide as detailed info as you could. I know this is a long one - I really appreciate your help!

Background:
- My father and mother are divorced (yes, two separate apps);
- I'm the only child;
- My father married after the divorce. This new marriage occurred over 3 yrs ago. There's been no change to his marriage status since then. As a result, now I have a step mom and a step sis;
- My mother stayed divorced;
- Step mom and step sis have no intention to migrate to Canada, ever. If they are to visit here, they will apply for tourist VISAs;
- I intend to sponsor only my father and mother under family class PGP PR program;
- I'm representing my parents, step mom, and step sis (yes, 4 IMM5476 filled).

Questions
1. There's a rep portal for licensed reps (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login), but since I'm a non-licensed, unpaid family member acting as the rep, is there a different rep portal for my case? Or, do I just use the Permanent Resident Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login)?

2. Once the portal to use is determined, can I submit both applications in that portal under one account , or do I have to register two different accounts, then one at a time, log into the portal with one account and submit one app?

3. Calculating total family size - For my father's application, the family size in IMM5768 is 4 (father, step mom, step sis, me); For my mother's app, the family size is 2 (mother, me). Since I'm submitting both applications at the same time, will my income for the past three years be assessed for 5 (hopefully), or 6 people?

4. My income for the past three years was enough for 5 people (father, mother, step mom, step sis, me). But, how/where do I indicate that I'm ONLY sponsoring father and mother? Step mom and step sis have no intention to move to here at all.

5. If instead, I decide to only sponsor one parent total at this time. How soon will I be able to sponsor another parent? Can I keep this unused slot for the other parent for future use, or will I have to go through the intention to sponsor application, followed by prized draw again to be eligible?

6. lastly, IMM5476 is for applicant to designate, discontinue, or change representatives. But the below statement seems to indicate that the sponsor has to fill it for themselves too; however this form literally does not apply to sponsors?

IMM 5476 (excerpt from 2002 intake guide 5772 webpage)
  • If using an authorized representative, this form must be provided by both the sponsor and the principal applicant. For sponsorship applications, you must complete and provide separate forms for the sponsor and principal applicant.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi folks,

I recently started prepping sponsorship PR apps for my parents. I have a few questions that are not clarified in the 2002 intake guide 5772 (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html), and I was not able to find answers in this forum. Please, provide as detailed info as you could. I know this is a long one - I really appreciate your help!

Background:
- I'm the only child;
- My father married after the divorce. This new marriage occurred over 3 yrs ago. There's been no change to his marriage status since then. As a result, now I have a step mom and a step sis;
- Step mom and step sis have no intention to migrate to Canada, ever. If they are to visit here, they will apply for tourist VISAs;
- I intend to sponsor only my father and mother under family class PGP PR program;

Questions
1. There's a rep portal for licensed reps (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login), but since I'm a non-licensed, unpaid family member acting as the rep, is there a different rep portal for my case? Or, do I just use the Permanent Resident Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login)?

2. Once the portal to use is determined, can I submit both applications in that portal under one account , or do I have to register two different accounts, then one at a time, log into the portal with one account and submit one app?

3. Calculating total family size - For my father's application, the family size in IMM5768 is 4 (father, step mom, step sis, me); For my mother's app, the family size is 2 (mother, me). Since I'm submitting both applications at the same time, will my income for the past three years be assessed for 5 (hopefully), or 6 people?

4. My income for the past three years was enough for 5 people (father, mother, step mom, step sis, me). But, how/where do I indicate that I'm ONLY sponsoring father and mother? Step mom and step sis have no intention to move to here at all.

5. If instead, I decide to only sponsor one parent total at this time. How soon will I be able to sponsor another parent? Can I keep this unused slot for the other parent for future use, or will I have to go through the intention to sponsor application, followed by prized draw again to be eligible?

6. lastly, IMM5476 is for applicant to designate, discontinue, or change representatives. But the below statement seems to indicate that the sponsor has to fill it for themselves too; however this form literally does not apply to sponsors?

• If using an authorized representative, this form must be provided by both the sponsor and the principal applicant. For sponsorship applications, you must complete and provide separate forms for the sponsor and principal applicant.
3. It's 5 people. You do not count yourself twice

4. Not sure about the detail on the online form. I believe you can listed if the depedents of your father (i.e. step mother and step sister) are non-accompanying. Regardless, they all have to go through medical, police and background check. And pass all before your father's application will be approved.

5. No you cannot "reserve" a spot for your dad. Once you are invited, you need to send in both applications.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi folks,

Background:
- I'm the only child;

Questions

Just to confirm that you received an invitation for both parents since divorced (Eg. You were selected in the lottery for both applications)? You are 5 people. You can’t just sponsor your parents. All are included. Even though step mom and sis are not coming they still must undergo the medical, police check etc. You can’t chose one parent now and one parent later. Since you were lucky to be selected in the lottery for both parents as they are divorced and you would have applied in 2020 for both, then all must be sponsored. Step mom and sis are part of the application now. They can’t apply for TRVs later. They must apply now for PR. You are responsible for them. You can’t use the “slot” later. Your father and his family have one application and your mother the other. You are lucky to be selected twice for both applications, as many people are not selected

armstrong800

Nov 15, 2022
3. It's 5 people. You do not count yourself twice
Great to know!

4. Not sure about the detail on the online form. I believe you can listed if the depedents of your father (i.e. step mother and step sister) are non-accompanying. Regardless, they all have to go through medical, police and background check. And pass all before your father's application will be approved.
Yes, I did listed step mom and step sis as not accompanying. If this is how I indicate the total people I'm sponsoring, does it mean that I'll only be charged for father and mother at the time I submit my application, or do I still need to pay for 4 people's processing fee?

5. No you cannot "reserve" a spot for your dad. Once you are invited, you need to send in both applications.
If I decide to only sponsor one parent at this time, does it mean I forfeit the opportunity - I'll have to start from scratch if I want to sponsor for the other parent or other qualified people later on?

Thank you very much!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you very much!
4. Not 100% sure about the fees. But they will still need to pay for medical... probably not landing fee.

5. Yes. You will need to enter another lottery (once it's open for entry) and try your luck next time. It doesn't make sense if you don't go for it since you meet all income inrequirement.

armstrong800

Nov 15, 2022
Just to confirm that you received an invitation for both parents since divorced (Eg. You were selected in the lottery for both applications)? You are 5 people. You can’t just sponsor your parents. All are included. Even though step mom and sis are not coming they still must undergo the medical, police check etc. You can’t chose one parent now and one parent later. Since you were lucky to be selected in the lottery for both parents as they are divorced and you would have applied in 2020 for both, then all must be sponsored. Step mom and sis are part of the application now. They can’t apply for TRVs later. They must apply now for PR. You are responsible for them. You can’t use the “slot” later. Your father and his family have one application and your mother the other. You are lucky to be selected twice for both applications, as many people are not selected
Thanks a lot for the clarification!

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi ,

I have a question , I have recently submitted application for my parents , i met the Income requirement , but now my Wife wants me to apply for her sister's visitor visa and become a sponsor . ( provide the letter of financial support ) Does this count as sponsorship ? I meet requirement for only 5 people currently if one extra person gets added then i will not so want to double check before i submit their visitor visa application .

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi ,

I have a question , I have recently submitted application for my parents , i met the Income requirement , but now my Wife wants me to apply for her sister's visitor visa and become a sponsor . ( provide the letter of financial support ) Does this count as sponsorship ? I meet requirement for only 5 people currently if one extra person gets added then i will not so want to double check before i submit their visitor visa application .
writing a letter of invitation is NOT sponsorship. Regardless of what you write in the letter of invitation, the visitor visa will be based on the financial situration of the applicants (your wife's sister herself). You do not submit their visitor visa, they do. You could help them to apply but that's their own application(s).

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks
writing a letter of invitation is NOT sponsorship. Regardless of what you write in the letter of invitation, the visitor visa will be based on the financial situration of the applicants (your wife's sister herself). You do not submit their visitor visa, they do. You could help them to apply but that's their own application(s).

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Guys,

I think i might have made a mistake in my dads first name while submitting the interest to sponsor form. I dont have a copy of the 2020 interest form i submitted. I have one interest form i submitted in 2018. Is there a way i can get it from IRCC ? How do i make the correction of dads first name?

N