+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Meenubarpagga

Oct 27, 2017
Hi
  1. Filling 5768 form, answered yes to take direct information from CRA, but not able to sign?
  1. Family size on form 5768, in employment history section should I include my parents as well.
Help please

Canada drives

Oct 14, 2022
Hello,

I have completed the form IMM1344 for sponsorship , signed and validated the same.

initially it shows Validated as YES but when i save & close it and again reopen it ... it shows Validated as NO.

I also received Barcodes when I Validated it. is there something wrong or it is good to proceed by uploading on the portal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

Please I wanted to ask, when filing the forms that include dependent children for Principal applicant, do I include a child that is 16 years old?
My mum has a 16year old dependent, but the instructions usually say 18years and older.
Yes, any dependant under 22. You must meet LICO for all family members including dependants.

Reactions: dpatel08

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello,

I have completed the form IMM1344 for sponsorship , signed and validated the same.

initially it shows Validated as YES but when i save & close it and again reopen it ... it shows Validated as NO.

I also received Barcodes when I Validated it. is there something wrong or it is good to proceed by uploading on the portal
Those forms are little weird , similar thing happened with me as well , this time when you save makes sure you click on the save As button and it may prompt you to replace the old file , click Yes and save this as a NEW file . try this couple of times and it will be fixed .

Last edited:

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello all,

I am filling the background/declaration form and it asks for address information. As an example:
From date: YYYY/MM To Date: YYYY/MM

My question is for my parents current address, what do I put in the "To Date" because its their current home? Should I put 2022/10 or "CURRENT"?
Any suggestions?
Write "Current"

Reactions: maybelady

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi
  1. Filling 5768 form, answered yes to take direct information from CRA, but not able to sign?
  2. Family size on form 5768, in employment history section should I include my parents as well.
Currently form 5768 cannot be digitally signed , so you must print , sign and upload it as pdf .
Family size must include parents ( if you are married you must include your spouse and kids as well)

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Those forms are little weird , similar thing happened with me as well , this time when you save makes sure you click on the save As button and it may prompt you to replace the old file , click Yes and save this as a NEW file . try this couple of times and it will be fixed .
This is weird .. this is an issue since last couple of years and seems like either IRCC is unaware or it is being ignored.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello All,

Please I wanted to ask, when filing the forms that include dependent children for Principal applicant, do I include a child that is 16 years old?
My mum has a 16year old dependent, but the instructions usually say 18years and older.
16 years old needs to be included (e.g. IMM 0008). But the dependent does not need to fill his/her own IMM 5645 (instruction of 18 years and older dependents to fill IMM 5645)
Hope this is clear. Most of the instruction about dependent only applies when they are qualified as dependents, then look at other conditions to continue with the next steps. (e.g. here 18 years and older)

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
May be i am not getting the point you are trying to say , I think CIC do not have ability to see the eligibility until forms are submitted . by just looking at pool they do not know if that person is qualified or not until they submit the the application also they are not looking at the 2017 income if you submit the file in 2022 , when some one submit application they only look at previous 3 year income so if you apply today they will look at 2021 , 2020 and 2019 income only even if the interest to sponsor form was submitted in 2020
Yes, that is the biggest confusion. IRCC specifies by NOTE: We can access your CRA account only for 2019, 2020 & 2021. We cannot access until you apply.

Furthermore , you don’t need to be a PR or citizento show your interest to sponsor in PGP and file the form but you must be PR or citizen on the day of submitting applications for PGP. So if status is not considered while submitting interest to sponsor form how IRCC can consider financial status at the time of submitting interest to sponsor form.

According to first announcement in 2020 they clearly mentioned in 2021 they will again open interest to sponsor form in 2021 but they never followed their own commitments.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Yes, that is the biggest confusion. IRCC specifies by NOTE: We can access your CRA account only for 2019, 2020 & 2021. We cannot access until you apply.

Furthermore , you don’t need to be a PR or citizento show your interest to sponsor in PGP and file the form but you must be PR or citizen on the day of submitting applications for PGP. So if status is not considered while submitting interest to sponsor form how IRCC can consider financial status at the time of submitting interest to sponsor form.

According to first announcement in 2020 they clearly mentioned in 2021 they will again open interest to sponsor form in 2021 but they never followed their own commitments.
I am glad they did not open new sponsor form in 2021 , because i will never be able to get picked if that had happened , If they will keep inviting people from the same pool they have better probably of being selected as the number goes down every year .

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Yes, however when they opened the pool in 2020, they clearly stated at that time that if you get the invitation in 2020 you need to qualify incomes for 2018, 2019 and 2020. So technically if you already knew back in 2020 that you did not have enough income to sponsor in 2019, you shouldn't enter the pool.
Yes, but at the Same time they committed to open the interest to sponsor form again next year in 2021 but unfortunately they changed their own commitment and neither opened it again in 2021 nor in 2022.

So as I believe those requirements were only for 2020 intake.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Yes you are correct and the (2020-Unqualified) applicant never received an ITA in 2020. For PGP IRCC 'DOES NOT FOLLOW A FCFS POLICY', emphasizing this point because, the (2020-Unqualified) applicant only GOT INTO THE POOL in 2020, IRCC has every right to not sent an ITA in 2020, which IRCC didnt and the selection criteria is a total grey area. Now in 2022 the said applicant is fully qualified and receives an ITA.

Same as applicants in Express Entry pool who redo IELTS and update their profile, gain more points under the same profile and receive ITA. So ideally that applicant would have never qualified for that ITA draw at the time he/she entered the pool.
I think everything comes in effect only on the day you submit application. What is financial status (LICO) criteria? 3 preceding tax year on the day you submit application. Even IRCC specifically wrote in NOTE: We are accessing only 2019, 2020 and 2021 income. If that’s not a case they should clearly write IRCC will access preceding 5 years or on the day of submitting interest to sponsor form which is lacking in 2022 declaration. IRCC made announcement in 2020 that it will open new form in 2021 to submit interest to sponsor and never follow. So if IRCC doesn’t follow own announcement made in past how can aspect from others that you must meet LICO in past.

Last edited:

Canada drives

Oct 14, 2022
This is weird .. this is an issue since last couple of years and seems like either IRCC is unaware or it is being ignored.
Thank you for your response ... i tried doing that but its the same. however when I reopen the file it gives me below error

Co-signer contact information
the format you entered in the following field was incorrect
1. Telephone No. (Country Code)
The correct format is
Must be numeric and must not start with '11'

We are not even allowed to change that field

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi Folks, Thanks again for all the support. I am into completing the application now. I have two road blockers,

1) I do not have a birth certificate, it was optional when I submitted my PR application
2) My parents don't have a marriage certificate. But they are married for the past 39yrs

Any advice is greatly appreciated
1. Assuming you need the birth certificate to show the relationship to the principal applicant, you can use your passport back page or OCI(similar document) back page (if you have any), or another document with a letter of explanation.
2. Similar thing for a Marriage certificate, your parent's passport's last page should have each other names as spouses and attach a letter of explanation.

See the bolded/underlined bullet points as follows:

Birth certificates
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.
  • If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate.
    • If you are sponsoring the mother/father of your mother/father, you must include a photocopy of your mother/father’s birth certificate, to clearly show the relationship between the two of you.
Marriage certificates
  • If you have a co-signer and they are your spouse, make sure you include a copy of your valid marriage certificate with your application. The document(s) you submit must show that the marriage was legally registered with the government where it took place.
    • Note: A record of solemnization is not acceptable for marriages that were legally registered in Canada or the United States of America.
  • If you are only sponsoring one parent or grandparent because the other is deceased, you don’t need to include a marriage certificate. You should include a letter explaining the situation, as well as the deceased parent’s death certificate.
  • If your parents don’t have a marriage certificate, include a detailed explanation as to why you can’t provide one.
  • If your parents are divorced, you can include a notarized divorce certificate to prove your parent is not a dependant of your other parent.