+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

copy

Apr 20, 2023
I was requested to send all these as well. I sent only my old Indian passport (I dont have any other doc) and my mom's aadhar card and passport. That was fine. Then they approved my sponsorship. So send what you have.
Thanks for the information, Sowriyab. I only had my cancelled Indian Passport and OCI and would not have known what to do if I had not read your post. I have sent these a few minutes ago. Now...as usual....the wait begins again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks. To update, the dependent passed away and we are still recovering from the loss.
When I searched this forum I could not find much information on applicants with Cancer. Therefore, I am writing this post to help aid anyone undergoing same pain.

In 2021 : Person was diagnosed with cancer and was put on palliative medical care
Late 2021 : we applied for super visa.
Mid 2022 : we applied for tourist visa; as super visa was not getting approved
Late 2022: tourist visa was approved and super visa was rejected
Late 2022: Got selected for PGP parents and grand parents PR program
Mid 2023: Health check was requested and completed for PR. A month later additional tests were requested. This could not be completed, as person passed away.

Below are our observations after going through the process
> if you are suffering from critical illness like cancer, there is very little chance of getting super visa or PR approved
> please consult with your doctor, if patient is being given palliative or curative medicine
> even under palliative medicine, tourist visa are granted and person can travel to Canada with health insurance (please book flexi flight tickets to shorten the trip if necessary)
> if your beloved is suffering from the disease, it will be prudent for you to continue treatment in native country (rather than hope to bring them to Canada)
> IRCC agents do understand and empathize with our pain. They try to help within the laid down process
> after a person demise, you can withdraw the application and principal applicant will still be processed
> I pray some day late stage cancers will have a cure
I’m sorry for your loss. Just a few clarifications. A medical can still be required for a TRV. Was actually quite surprising that the person suffering from cancer was able to get as TRV. They likely got an AI generated approval. If the TRV has been processed by a person it would have likely been denied because of the cancer. The travel medical insurance policy purchased was either extremely expensive or it didn’t cover any emergency related to cancer so people need to be aware and have some savings put aside for any medical care needed while visiting Canada and read the fine print on their insurance policies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have received medicals request for my Parents as part of PGP-2022 application on 24OCT2023 and completed medicals on 27OCT2023, I still do not see medicals being updated in CIC account does any one know how log would it take for medicals to update in CIC account.

Thanks,
It takes some time because it must be reviewed with the IRCC medical team to see if any further testing is required.

sonal1988

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
Doc's Request.
In Process since 25th September 2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
26-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13TH OCTOBER 2014,Submitted on 14th October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
22ND OCTOBER 2014,,DECISION MADE ON 14TH OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
NOVEMBER 2014
Received stamped passport today
Thank you everyone

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
Just now got an email with Medical surveillance undertaking letter for my mom.
As I believe my mother is supposed to provide this to officer during her landing. My question is my parents are already is Canada and will be doing virtual landing so can someone please explain how she is going to submit this letter.
I am not sure about the process.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

mehg

Mar 10, 2023
Guys please help. My parents are asked to submit PCC from India and any other country where they have stayed for more than 6 months. Currently they are in India but in the past they stayed in Canada for more than 6 months, how to get the Canadian PCC done for them as they are in India

singhshaman

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
UPDATE: I got the sponsor approval letter today, a day after the medical request.

Question: The letter has a "requirements for processing" section, which mentions the required documentation. Most of this has already been submitted with the application (Passports, Travel Information), or in the later document request (Proof of relationship, Resume). Assume we don't need to provide anything again because no document has changed.

It also mentions the Police Certificate. We haven't yet provided the PCC. Will there be a specific request for PCC that will come? Should we pro-actively obtain the PCC for my parents and send?

Thanks for all the help!

Hi everyone,

I got medical request for my parents today. Also, I got invitation to use pre-arrival services last weekend. But I am yet to receive the sponsor approval. I thought Medical / pre-arrival comes later in the process. Please share if I am missing anything here. Any guidance towards the expected sequence of events will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Shaman

P.S. - I did receive the request for additional documents in July, which I had submitted.

RC_Ab2022

Mar 3, 2023
Got Pre-arrival and PPR today. Timeline below:

Dec 5 - Submitted Application
Mar 3 - AOR
May 4 - Biometrics
May 10 - Sponsor Approval
Jun 5 - Submit ADR
Jun 5 - Submit PCC
Jul 17 - Med Request
Aug 11 - Med Received
Nov 1 - Pre-Arrival & PPR

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
thanks. To update, the dependent passed away and we are still recovering from the loss.
When I searched this forum I could not find much information on applicants with Cancer. Therefore, I am writing this post to help aid anyone undergoing same pain.

In 2021 : Person was diagnosed with cancer and was put on palliative medical care
Late 2021 : we applied for super visa.
Mid 2022 : we applied for tourist visa; as super visa was not getting approved
Late 2022: tourist visa was approved and super visa was rejected
Late 2022: Got selected for PGP parents and grand parents PR program
Mid 2023: Health check was requested and completed for PR. A month later additional tests were requested. This could not be completed, as person passed away.

Below are our observations after going through the process
> if you are suffering from critical illness like cancer, there is very little chance of getting super visa or PR approved
> please consult with your doctor, if patient is being given palliative or curative medicine
> even under palliative medicine, tourist visa are granted and person can travel to Canada with health insurance (please book flexi flight tickets to shorten the trip if necessary)
> if your beloved is suffering from the disease, it will be prudent for you to continue treatment in native country (rather than hope to bring them to Canada)
> IRCC agents do understand and empathize with our pain. They try to help within the laid down process
> after a person demise, you can withdraw the application and principal applicant will still be processed
> I pray some day late stage cancers will have a cure
Sorry to hear that. Sending best wishes your way @monopoly

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Got Pre-arrival and PPR today. Timeline below:

Dec 5 - Submitted Application
Mar 3 - AOR
May 4 - Biometrics
May 10 - Sponsor Approval
Jun 5 - Submit ADR
Jun 5 - Submit PCC
Jul 17 - Med Request
Aug 11 - Med Received
Nov 1 - Pre-Arrival & PPR
Congrats! Thanks for the updated timeline.

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
Guys please help. My parents are asked to submit PCC from India and any other country where they have stayed for more than 6 months. Currently they are in India but in the past they stayed in Canada for more than 6 months, how to get the Canadian PCC done for them as they are in India
You don't need PCC from Canada

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hi I applied dec 22 22 for my parents
Got sponser approval oct 20
But the letter also said
Missisuaga office has sent my
File for further processing to RROC
Anyone has any experience with RROC
Nd how fast they are or they are slow like Vancouver nd montreal
Thanks
Hi, I applied Dec14, 2022. Sponsor approval end of Aug 2023. File transferred to RROC and nothing since. Not sure if RROC is any faster. With all the posts in this forum, it seems only Mississauga office is working,

mehg

Mar 10, 2023
@Yyz1 ,Thanks for the reply, but how, as they stayed in Canada for more than 6 months, if its written somewhere, so that i can attach