+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

monopoly

Sep 8, 2023
Most cancers wouldn’t qualify for mitigation. Only exception is maybe for certain blood cancers that is stabilized longterm by taking a pill everyday.
thanks. To update, the dependent passed away and we are still recovering from the loss.
When I searched this forum I could not find much information on applicants with Cancer. Therefore, I am writing this post to help aid anyone undergoing same pain.

In 2021 : Person was diagnosed with cancer and was put on palliative medical care
Late 2021 : we applied for super visa.
Mid 2022 : we applied for tourist visa; as super visa was not getting approved
Late 2022: tourist visa was approved and super visa was rejected
Late 2022: Got selected for PGP parents and grand parents PR program
Mid 2023: Health check was requested and completed for PR. A month later additional tests were requested. This could not be completed, as person passed away.

Below are our observations after going through the process
> if you are suffering from critical illness like cancer, there is very little chance of getting super visa or PR approved
> please consult with your doctor, if patient is being given palliative or curative medicine
> even under palliative medicine, tourist visa are granted and person can travel to Canada with health insurance (please book flexi flight tickets to shorten the trip if necessary)
> if your beloved is suffering from the disease, it will be prudent for you to continue treatment in native country (rather than hope to bring them to Canada)
> IRCC agents do understand and empathize with our pain. They try to help within the laid down process
> after a person demise, you can withdraw the application and principal applicant will still be processed
> I pray some day late stage cancers will have a cure

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
did any one received any update from Vancouver immigration office after his file transferred from cpc-missisauga to Vancouver office ?

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
thanks. To update, the dependent passed away and we are still recovering from the loss.
When I searched this forum I could not find much information on applicants with Cancer. Therefore, I am writing this post to help aid anyone undergoing same pain.

In 2021 : Person was diagnosed with cancer and was put on palliative medical care
Mid 2023: Health check was requested and completed for PR. A month later additional tests were requested. This could not be completed, as person passed away.

> if you are suffering from critical illness like cancer, there is very little chance of getting super visa or PR approved
> please consult with your doctor, if patient is being given palliative or curative medicine
> even under palliative medicine, tourist visa are granted and person can travel to Canada with health insurance (please book flexi flight tickets to shorten the trip if necessary)
> if your beloved is suffering from the disease, it will be prudent for you to continue treatment in native country (rather than hope to bring them to Canada)
> IRCC agents do understand and empathize with our pain. They try to help within the laid down process
> after a person demise, you can withdraw the application and principal applicant will still be processed
Sorry to hear this. May god bless you and your family with strength to endeavor the loss of your loved one.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

My deepest condolences to you and your family.
I agree that getting care in the home/native country is usually better at this point.

TheCanadian7

Mar 4, 2023
thanks. To update the dependent passed away and we are still recovering from the loss.

Very sorry to hear about your loss @monopoly. Appreciate that you gathered enough strength to share details with the Forum so that others can take informed decision.

Rick K

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
did any one received any update from Vancouver immigration office after his file transferred from cpc-missisauga to Vancouver office ?
Nothing at all!! File transferred to Vancouver office from Mississauga on Aug 18.

sonal1988

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
Doc's Request.
In Process since 25th September 2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
26-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13TH OCTOBER 2014,Submitted on 14th October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
22ND OCTOBER 2014,,DECISION MADE ON 14TH OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
NOVEMBER 2014
Decision made post coming back from ircc

Reactions: katezhu

JR Bains

Aug 26, 2023
Guys, I received email today and they r asking me :
Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member As
proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). If you are unable to provide these items, you may provide the principal applicant’s Ration card, your Indian passports (expired and current) and/or OCI, and PAN/Income Tax card. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
I have voter card, pan card, old passport, my birth certificate, my matric /secondary school certificate.
I don’t have 5th and middle school certificates. Any suggestions?

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member As
proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). If you are unable to provide these items, you may provide the principal applicant’s Ration card, your Indian passports (expired and current) and/or OCI, and PAN/Income Tax card. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
I have voter card, pan card, old passport, my birth certificate, my matric /secondary school certificate.
I was requested to send all these as well. I sent only my old Indian passport (I dont have any other doc) and my mom's aadhar card and passport. That was fine. Then they approved my sponsorship. So send what you have.

Reactions: JR Bains

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
What is your timeline? thanks

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I did no receive any communication after sponsorship approval on July 19, 2023. Very frustrating!