+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

babkar787

Dec 3, 2023
Vancouver off is closed after happy ending , no more updates for PGP applicants from 2021 and 2022.
I tried to inquire through the ircc portal but they sent me a link to the processing time page. So the processing time is around 24 months now, does it start when we get picked in the draw or when we get the file number? If the processing time starts after sponser approval then we received file number on March 2023, that means another 12 months?

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
I tried to inquire through the ircc portal but they sent me a link to the processing time page. So the processing time is around 24 months now, does it start when we get picked in the draw or when we get the file number? If the processing time starts after sponser approval then we received file number on March 2023, that means another 12 months?
It starts on the date your application was submitted.

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
I got accepted for the parent's sponsorship program and submitted my mother's application in December.

I have now received an update that additional information is required. IRCC has requested me (sponsor) to send additional documents to to show proof of relationship.

This is my dilemma:

My family moved to Kenya before I was born, so I was raised in Kenya, however, I maintained citizenship of India, and only had an Indian Passport before moving to Canada and was recently granted Canadian Citizenship.

The request from IRCC states that I need to send in my voter ID card, Aadhar Card and old school records. It also mentions that if I'm unable to provide this, I can provide the applicant's Ration card, my Indian passport, and PAN/Income tax card. My question is - I do not have any of these since I did not reside in India my entire life, so the only documentation I have is from Kenya and I do not have any school documents that list my parent's name as this was not required. I can still submit them as requested, however, I do not see the point as my parent's information is missing from them.

The only document I have that I can attach is my expired and renewed Indian Passport and birth certificate which shows my mother's name. Other than that I have no other documents.

Also since my mother was residing in Kenya, the only document that she has is her Aadhar card.

I'm thinking about attaching documents to show my mum and I lived in Nairobi - my high school results, university degree, and my mum's IDs in Nairobi to show residency in the country. I'm not sure if this will suffice, but hoping that's all they need. I would appreciate any help or insight to get about this and what I can submit to show proof.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
I thoughts the GoC was working on improving processing? Unless it's for all other IRCC programs. Processing time is increasing steadily. It's now at 27 months.

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
I Need a clarification. Actually i received the Medical form IMM 1017E. My mother had taken a Medical Examination in 2022 for Supervisa. She was here in Canada, but no she is back in India. I saw this request after two weeks. But they also sent Pre-Arrival Services. Not sure what does it mean? Also when i go to the application and upload your documents link, it says, Replacement needed - Proof of Upfront Medicals. This is very confusing!!! Does anyone come across this issue? I understand that In-Canada applicants can skip medical examination. Since she is back, she has to undergo this again. But my question is regarding:
1. Proof of upfront medicals
2. Pre-Arrival services

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I Need a clarification. Actually i received the Medical form IMM 1017E. My mother had taken a Medical Examination in 2022 for Supervisa. She was here in Canada, but no she is back in India. I saw this request after two weeks. But they also sent Pre-Arrival Services. Not sure what does it mean? Also when i go to the application and upload your documents link, it says, Replacement needed - Proof of Upfront Medicals. This is very confusing!!! Does anyone come across this issue? I understand that In-Canada applicants can skip medical examination. Since she is back, she has to undergo this again. But my question is regarding:
1. Proof of upfront medicals
2. Pre-Arrival services
If she did her medical in 2022, it's already expired.
Pre-Arrival doesn't mean anything. If you haven't recently did any medical recently (as valid upfront medical), then she should schedule for a new exam. Some people can extend their medical if it's done not too long before and if they stay inside Canada. But they don't let everyone to extend it.

1. IRCC may be confused that you have valid (non-expired) medical and is asking for the proof.
2. Does not mean anything.

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
If she did her medical in 2022, it's already expired.
Pre-Arrival doesn't mean anything. If you haven't recently did any medical recently (as valid upfront medical), then she should schedule for a new exam. Some people can extend their medical if it's done not too long before and if they stay inside Canada. But they don't let everyone to extend it.

1. IRCC may be confused that you have valid (non-expired) medical and is asking for the proof.
2. Does not mean anything.
Thanks a lot for a clear explanation.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hello I submitted my file on nov 6th 2022 for my parents. Live in montreal. Allll the paperwork was submitted medical was completed and pass by August 6 2023z after that radio silent. I send email and they replied they r still working on the file. I know some people who applied with me their parents already in canada. For 6–8 months now. Missiuaga office is working on my file. Anyone in same boat?
Montreal applicant
Missisauga office
Applied nov 6 2022

katezhu

Mar 7, 2023
Hello I submitted my file on nov 6th 2022 for my parents. Live in montreal. Allll the paperwork was submitted medical was completed and pass by August 6 2023z after that radio silent. I send email and they replied they r still working on the file. I know some people who applied with me their parents already in canada. For 6–8 months now. Missiuaga office is working on my file. Anyone in same boat?
Montreal applicant
Missisauga office
Applied nov 6 2022
Missisauga office, and medical exam done on Oct 2023, since then no updates.

My dad had several years of military services more than 50 years ago. So their case is in secure check, criminal check and reviewing eligibility.

Do your parents have experiences in military services or government?

Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Missisauga office, and medical exam done on Oct 2023, since then no updates.

My dad had several years of military services more than 50 years ago. So their case is in secure check, criminal check and reviewing eligibility.

Do your parents have experiences in military services or government?
no they small business and rentals. also my parents came to canada twice. their canada usa visa expired March 3rd 2023. so i donno whats holding up the process. so annoying!!!

Trinity_123

Mar 14, 2023
Hello, this morning I called IRCC automated phone system to check the status of the application and I was able to hear that they received the additional documents requested and they were processing the background checks. This afternoon I called again and the system is not giving me any info and transferred my call to an agent, I didn’t talk to the agent. I have a representative so I cannot check online what’s happening. The last thing I provided yesterday was PCC. Anyone had any similar experience, does this mean something?