+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents / Grand Parents 2016 Application Process

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Fellow Members,

I hope you are well and looking forward to the holiday season. :)
I live in Toronto and would like to apply for my parent’s PR. I have a few questions and will appreciate if you could please assist.

1) In form IMM 1344, Page 2 of 7: Under Sponsor Residency Declaration[/b], do we have to answer the below question with a No or leave it blank?
Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada? “Who can sponsor” in the guide for information on Residency.
No or Yes

2) In form IMM 5768, question 8 – Minimum necessary income. Including my parents the family size would be 3, so is $47,051 correct amount to put there?

3) In form IMM 5476, Use of a representative, question 10. Who has to sign, the principal applicant or me? Also, what to do do with the box with signature of spouse.

Thank you,
RM

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rm34 said:
Hello Fellow Members,

I hope you are well and looking forward to the holiday season. :)
I live in Toronto and would like to apply for my parent’s PR. I have a few questions and will appreciate if you could please assist.

1) In form IMM 1344, Page 2 of 7: Under Sponsor Residency Declaration[/b], do we have to answer the below question with a No or leave it blank?
Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada? “Who can sponsor” in the guide for information on Residency.
No or Yes

2) In form IMM 5768, question 8 – Minimum necessary income. Including my parents the family size would be 3, so is $47,051 correct amount to put there?

3) In form IMM 5476, Use of a representative, question 10. Who has to sign, the principal applicant or me? Also, what to do do with the box with signature of spouse.

Thank you,
RM
For 2), i tried calling cic but they are always busy.
If you get the answer to this then please post here.

MR.SUB

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
04-Feb-2012
AOR Received.
10-Mar-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-Mar-2012
Med's Request
28-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
15-Apr-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
28-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-May-2012
LANDED..........
09-Aug-2012
saltpetre said:
Hey did you get the answer for this question 8
Please suggest what I have to do to initiate the application process.

maple2015

Jan 15, 2015
Relatives you sponsored in the past received social assistance or welfare while the undertaking was valid.
You may not sponsor until you repay the full amount of any social assistance or welfare payment or repay the debt to the satisfaction of the government authority that issued the benefit or ordered you to pay.
Does social assistance or welfare include Ontario Sales Tax Credit?

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saltpetre said:
Hey did you get the answer for this question 8
MR.SUB said:
Please suggest what I have to do to initiate the application process.
Yes, It is a mistake in CIC forms.
in 8), you are supposed to write latest minimum necessary income.
But, in 9), where it states that the amount has to be higher than 8), is incorrect. The amounts in 9) have to be greater than the respective amounts for each year and not what is written in 8).

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Pictures required?

Do I need to provide the pictures of my mom(principle applicant) with the application? :'(

At a loss as I have brought everything else except photos.

eumisophia

Dec 16, 2015
I already called the CIC and they will not help you on how to fill out the application. They will tell you to go to a Community Office who can help you in filling out your forms.

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Pictures required?

tanvirmk said:
Do I need to provide the pictures of my mom(principle applicant) with the application? :'(

At a loss as I have brought everything else except photos.
Refer strictly to the checklist. It doesn't say photos, so no photos.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eumisophia said:
I already called the CIC and they will not help you on how to fill out the application. They will tell you to go to a Community Office who can help you in filling out your forms.
Yeah, I was advised to get an immigration lawyer when I called. Check this link, hopefully you will find useful information about the process for PGP sponsorship 2016:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html