+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents denied entry

pooja1682

Dec 11, 2016
Visa issues with any of the "Five Eyes" countries can impact the others. In case you are not aware, there is immigration information sharing between Canada, USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
@scylla @canuck78 @Bryanna , can you please provide ur opinion about U.S..

Thanks @zardoz. Yeah, I understand information is shared between U.S. and Canada (and other countries). My question is about the practical impact. I understand it's always on the discretion on the border official. I wanted to know if there is any data/experience of people who faced any issues like this.

If they have always followed all the rules, had been to U.S. multiple times, with all trips being short, have no ties to U.S, would a U.S. CBP officer be very concerned about past Canadian border issue of this kind.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks @zardoz. Yeah, I understand information is shared between U.S. and Canada (and other countries). My question is about the practical impact. I understand it's always on the discretion on the border official. I wanted to know if there is any data/experience of people who faced any issues like this.

If they have always followed all the rules, had been to U.S. multiple times, with all trips being short, have no ties to U.S, would a U.S. CBP officer be very concerned about past Canadian border issue of this kind.
Not sure why you are focusing on their US visa. Do they have any planned travel to the US soon?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018

Hi ,
Could you share what did you end up doing later?

Enado

Sep 30, 2019
I think the letter will create problems. If your health isn't good and you draw attention to this, CBSA may be concerned you're trying to bring them to Canada long term.
Especially, with them overstaying their TRV, you should have applied for the super Visa before they over stated thier time.. right now you run the risk of having them banned for 5 years..
An for the other individuals out there who are thinking of doing what she did, dont do it because you only make it harder for others who want to visit Canada.