+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents convocation visa refused

jalucanada

Jan 19, 2020
Hi All,
I would like to invite my mother to visit me in Canada and also to attend my convocation ceremony but unfortunately her visa rejected

Below is the timelines for my visitor visa applied online from India.

Online Form Submission - Feb 21, 2020
Submission Confirmation - Feb 21, 2020
Final Decision - March 3, 2020

Refusal Reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Can anyone suggest if i can reapply now

Please guide me,

My Personal Details:

She is Indian passport holder,My father is no more right now. working as teacher in private child education school. she never traveled before in any other country
I am living and working in Canada . I don't any sibling or relatives in Canada.

Below documents were attached:

Application Form:

Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)
Supporting Documents:

Travel History - Passport
Proof of Means of Financial Support:more than $25000 liquid funds show-up attached Bank saving Statement and fixed deposit statement,LIC,Mutual fund, and Employment Letter (NOC),salary slips.
Digital Photo
Purpose of Travel: - Statement of purpose with day to day literacy ,convocation invitation letter,financial assets documents (not in english native languages)
Family Information (IMM5645), English
Invitation letter:my Invitation letter with attached a copy of my convocation invitation letter from university, degree completion certificate, graduation letter ,official Transcript as my current degree completion status .Also included a copy of my work permit application, employment letter, driving licence, rental agreement proof and paystub details
proof of relationship: birth-certificate, my passport and her passport copy

Also not sure what other supporting docs i can provide to proof to satisfied two reasons.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hi All,
I would like to invite my mother to visit me in Canada and also to attend my convocation ceremony but unfortunately her visa rejected

Below is the timelines for my visitor visa applied online from India.

Online Form Submission - Feb 21, 2020
Submission Confirmation - Feb 21, 2020
Final Decision - March 3, 2020

Refusal Reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Can anyone suggest if i can reapply now

Please guide me,

My Personal Details:

She is Indian passport holder,My father is no more right now. working as teacher in private child education school. she never traveled before in any other country
I am living and working in Canada . I don't any sibling or relatives in Canada.

Below documents were attached:

Application Form:

Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)
Supporting Documents:

Travel History - Passport
Proof of Means of Financial Support:more than $25000 liquid funds show-up attached Bank saving Statement and fixed deposit statement,LIC,Mutual fund, and Employment Letter (NOC),salary slips.
Digital Photo
Purpose of Travel: - Statement of purpose with day to day literacy ,convocation invitation letter,financial assets documents (not in english native languages)
Family Information (IMM5645), English
Invitation letter:my Invitation letter with attached a copy of my convocation invitation letter from university, degree completion certificate, graduation letter ,official Transcript as my current degree completion status .Also included a copy of my work permit application, employment letter, driving licence, rental agreement proof and paystub details
proof of relationship: birth-certificate, my passport and her passport copy

Also not sure what other supporting docs i can provide to proof to satisfied two reasons.
You should write letter of invitation that how you gonna support your parents when they are here and also include your job letter, rental agreement and include letter from college about your convocation ceremony. In the letter you should write you should write that she is only here for few weeks .
Hope this helps

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should write letter of invitation that how you gonna support your parents when they are here and also include your job letter, rental agreement and include letter from college about your convocation ceremony. In the letter you should write you should write that she is only here for few weeks .
Hope this helps
The parents must show they can support themselves.

jalucanada

Jan 19, 2020
Hope this helps
i already write a letter of invitation with these supporting documents