+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Canada Visitor Visa Rejected Due to Insufficient Fund

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hi All

I am facing below problem -

I had applied canada visitor visa for my father in-law and mother in-law... However it got rejected due to below reasons-

1) No Travel History
2) Insufficient Funds

I am residing in canada from last more than 2 years and my wife from last 1 year, we both are employed well known IT firms in Canada, and we are very highly paid skilled worker.

We had attached our below documents-

Applicants documents
- 6 Months Bank statement that has current balance around 30,000 INR.
- FD for 50,000 INR
- Mutual Fund for 2 Lacs
- Business license for Chemist shop ( issued since 1973)
- Income Tax return for last 2 years
- Duration to stay in Canada 4 months in Invitation Letter and Visa Form.

Invitee documents
- Last 6 months back statement that has balance around 40K CAD (including me and my wife band account)
- My and my wife's Employment Letter
- My and my wife's T4
- Invitation Letter stating that we will bear all their travel expenses (round trip), fooding, lodging and all other expenses.
- Rent Agreement

We want to re-apply with all strong supporting documents to make sure it must fulfill all their need to get it approved this time.

Below are changes that we are planning to do at applicant side to make their application stronger-
- My parent has one more bank account that was opened 2 months back and had outstading balance of around 2 Lacs. (As it was opened recently so, we didn't attached it first time)
- My parent have their own house in city that has value around 50 Lacs, so we want to valued it and attached this time. (As it was not valuated earlier and document was in Hindi so didn't attached it fist time)
- We are planing to transfer around 2 Lacs in my parents bank account now, so that same can be reflected in their bank statement this time. please advise if we should do it or not?, if yes then how to justify it.

Will above changes be enough to avoid insufficient fund issues? How can we stratify the Travel history issue? My parents have not traveled to abroad before.

Please advise if we need to take any other actions to make the application stronger and avoid rejection this time... This is very vey urgent.. Please reply.. Thanks in advance.!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This seems to be a pattern here tonight...

4 months is a very long trip for someone with no travel history. I would recommend you reapply and ask for 2-3 weeks.

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion to reducing the duration of stay.. will do it.

Can you please suggestion me for other changes that I am planning to do from applicant side. Can you please read my entire post.. Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

6 Months Bank statement that has current balance around 30,000 INR.
Primarily, this is the key reason for the refusal.... INR 30,000 for two applicants will not pay for the flight tickets for one leg of the trip for even one person.

- My parent has one more bank account that was opened 2 months back and had outstading balance of around 2 Lacs. (As it was opened recently so, we didn't attached it first time)
INR 30,000 + this new amount INR 200,000 is NOT adequate as funds for the visit for two applicants.

Also, can your parents prove that this amount was earned by them.... and it has not been borrowed for the TRV applications?

- We are planing to transfer around 2 Lacs in my parents bank account now, so that same can be reflected in their bank statement this time. please advise if we should do it or not?, if yes then how to justify it.
It would create the wrong impression that this money has been transferred for the TRV applications.

Is the FD locked-in?
Do your parents have any shares, foreign currency purchased from registered forex dealers, etc?
Did your parents include the income from the chemist shop as funds available for their visit?
Have they shown the chemist shop as a reason to return? Are they actively managing the chemist shop? If yes, what documents did they submit?

I would not worry too much about the *No Travel History* refusal reason

Cheers

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Can your parents prove that this amount was earned by them.... and it has not been borrowed for the TRV applications?
Ans: Yes, It is my parents money. It was opened in Feb 2016 and 2 Lacs INR was deposited on same month. We didn't attached bank statement of this account as we thought its new account. But as you are suggesting, so this time we will attach bank statement of this account as well.. and plus one more bank account my parents own and it old account that has balance INR 30K

Is the FD locked-in?
Ans: FD is locked for 7 years

Do your parents have any shares, foreign currency purchased from registered forex dealers, etc?
Ans: They has Mutual fund of 2 Lacs INR from ICICI Bank, can we attach this?

Did your parents include the income from the chemist shop as funds available for their visit?
Ans: No, as they don't have any solid proof for this.. we have attached their Income Tax return paper... do you suggest for anything else, how we can proof that?. -

Have they shown the chemist shop as a reason to return? Are they actively managing the chemist shop? If yes, what documents did they submit?
Ans: No, we did not mentioned any such things on cover letter. Do you suggest to add this statement in cover letter? yes he is managing the chemist shop alone.. what kind of document he can support for this?

Few other questions:
- My parent own a house that cost around 50 Lacs INR, but as the house/property paper is in Hindi language, so we didn't attached that paper.. any suggestion on this. how we can support for this?
- Can we transfer few Lacs in his account and write a letter that we have given this much money to my parents and will never take back from him.. is it make sense.. will they agree?
- We will reduce the duration of their stay in canada from 4 months (previously) to 4 weeks only this time.
- Now if he will include statement of his 3 bank accounts then the total money will be around 2,60,000 INR.. is this enough for 2 people? if not, then how we can resolve this issue?
- Any other suggestion that can justify to previous rejection reason "Personal asset and financial status"??

Thank you so much for helping me on this.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ans: Yes, It is my parents money. It was opened in Feb 2016 and 2 Lacs INR was deposited on same month.
I assume it was earned by your parents and not transferred by you for the TRV.

You may want to explain the source of this money + why you are submitting only 2-3 months' banks statements (instead of 6 months)

Ans: FD is locked for 7 years
It cannot be included as available funds for their visit.

Ans: They has Mutual fund of 2 Lacs INR from ICICI Bank, can we attach this?
Yes, you can include it as part of their overall finances.... not as available funds

Do you suggest to add this statement in cover letter? yes he is managing the chemist shop alone.. what kind of document he can support for this?
Yes, you can show the chemist shop as a tie to return.

Proofs: Ownership/rent agreement for the shop + Retail Drug License to operate the shop + business registration documents + proofs of registered pharmacist who is employed full-time + VAT registration + VAT returns (this will prove both income + actively trading business), etc

My parent own a house that cost around 50 Lacs INR, but as the house/property paper is in Hindi language, so we didn't attached that paper.. any suggestion on this. how we can support for this?
Translate it into English by a certified translator..... do a self-evaluation based on current market rates

Proofs of ownership + latest property tax receipts + if it is in a registered housing society then share certificates/maintenance payments

Can we transfer few Lacs in his account and write a letter that we have given this much money to my parents and will never take back from him.. is it make sense.. will they agree?
No, this will not work

- Now if he will include statement of his 3 bank accounts then the total money will be around 2,60,000 INR.. is this enough for 2 people? if not, then how we can resolve this issue?
It is still on the low side.... you can try though.... or maybe you can apply for one parent while stating the other parent will remain in India (family tie)

You can also submit copies of overseas travel medical insurance policy for the duration of their visit (refundable, can be cancelled for a small fee)

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Thanks Bryanna for the helping me on this..

I don't think anything gonna work as of now :'( , .. so planing to re-apply my parent's visa by end of July.. i.e. 3 months from now... postponing their travel plan.

I am thinking to ask my parent to deposit cash in their bank accounts (all 3 bank accounts) slowly-slowly, may be 15-20K INR in each account every week from tomorrow.

So end of of July it will around 5 Lacs (15K * 3 (accounts) = 45K per week * 10 weeks (less than 3 months)), and plus they already has 2.6 Lacs in their account, so total it will around 7 Lacs liquid amount by that time.

So I think, having 7 Lacs in bank account and if we will apply for 4 weeks travel for 2 people then it should get approved ??

Also we will be attach all their house property and chemist shop documents this time,, and will mention strongly chemist shop as a reason to tie with home country.

16th Sep is my wife's birth day, I will mention that we are inviting them to celebrate my her birthday and visit canada and after that they will go back to India.. travel plan would be around 25th Aug entry and 25th Sep exit from canada, if visa will be approved by end of July or first week of Aug.

Any issue with my above planning.. that may cause any roadblock to Visa officer to reject it?? Will this plan work? kindly advise. Thanks.

mithrans

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Thanks Bryanna for the helping me on this..

I don't think anything gonna work as of now :'( , .. so planing to re-apply my parent's visa by end of July.. i.e. 3 months from now... postponing their travel plan.

I am thinking to ask my parent to deposit cash in their bank accounts (all 3 bank accounts) slowly-slowly, may be 15-20K INR in each account every week from tomorrow.

So end of of July it will around 5 Lacs (15K * 3 (accounts) = 45K per week * 10 weeks (less than 3 months)), and plus they already has 2.6 Lacs in their account, so total it will around 7 Lacs liquid amount by that time.

So I think, having 7 Lacs in bank account and if we will apply for 4 weeks travel for 2 people then it should get approved ??

Also we will be attach all their house property and chemist shop documents this time,, and will mention strongly chemist shop as a reason to tie with home country.

16th Sep is my wife's birth day, I will mention that we are inviting them to celebrate my her birthday and visit canada and after that they will go back to India.. travel plan would be around 25th Aug entry and 25th Sep exit from canada, if visa will be approved by end of July or first week of Aug.

Any issue with my above planning.. that may cause any roadblock to Visa officer to reject it?? Will this plan work? kindly advise. Thanks.
Hi. We got rejection for same reason . Have u reapplied??