+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents birth certificate and marriage certificate

rknaik_iris

Apr 22, 2012
Hi

I am planning to sponsor my parents permanent residency.

I found couple of items in check list "birth certificate" and "marriage certificate"

I am an Indian national. It seems back then approximately 40 years back no birth certificate or marriage certificates were issued.

How should I proceed ahead with PR application?

Regards,
RK

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
you need your birth certificate the one u used to immigrant to canada.... for parents if they r still in india they can still registered their marriage...if they r in canada then make an affidavit that they r married since and how many kids they have....i used affidavit for my parents and it was accepted.

rknaik_iris

Apr 22, 2012
Thanks Amarpreetd. This means only my birth certificate is required. I will request my parents for marriage certificate.

Thanks for the reply

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
no problem......yes only your birth certificate....and ask them to register their marriage if they r back home.....best of luck

rknaik_iris

Apr 22, 2012
Sorry to bother again with this. Somebody told me that I need to get marriage affidavit attested by Indian Consulate. It is really required?

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
rknaik_iris said:
Sorry to bother again with this. Somebody told me that I need to get marriage affidavit attested by Indian Consulate. It is really required?
no such requirement from cic......attach the copy of passport showing their relationship......no we did not attest their affidavit from anywhere......just submit the copy of affidavit and keep the original for future...best of luck

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi

I will inform you all process of marriage certificate, because my parents recently apply , do u belong to Punjab, India?
u can send me private message.
@deep1!
Please help in Marriage certificate for parents or if i can submit the marriage certificate affidavit.

harsh0710

Dec 26, 2018
Hi

I will inform you all process of marriage certificate, because my parents recently apply , do u belong to Punjab, India?
u can send me private message.
Hi can you please send me the same as well.
I have to apply for my parents immigration to canada but they dont have marriage certificate.

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi can you please send me the same as well.
I have to apply for my parents immigration to canada but they dont have marriage certificate.
Hey did you apply? How did you get the birth and marriage certificate done?

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi

I am planning to sponsor my parents permanent residency.

I found couple of items in check list "birth certificate" and "marriage certificate"

I am an Indian national. It seems back then approximately 40 years back no birth certificate or marriage certificates were issued.

How should I proceed ahead with PR application?

Regards,
RK
Hey did you apply? How did you get the birth and marriage certificate done from India?

rknaik_iris

Apr 22, 2012
Hi Salomi

I made an affidavit when they were here in Canada 2 yrs back. But for last 2 yrs my application did not get picked up. I got the invitation this year. My parents are back in India now, I am planning to send same Affidavit to CIC.

Alternatively I would ask my parents to create affidavit for both certificates in India.

Regards
RK

Reactions: salomi24