+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents applied for super visa by mistake, need visitor visa

canimg1

Jan 31, 2017
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to ask if there's a straightforward way to do this, my parents back in India applied for a Super Visa by mistake when they intended to apply for a Visitor Visa.

I had sent them an invitation stating the dates etc., the problem is that the super Visa processing times are going to be too long and they might have to reschedule their flights.

Can they apply for a Visitor Visa at the same time or do they need to withdraw their application & submit a new one?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had sent them an invitation stating the dates etc., the problem is that the super Visa processing times are going to be too long and they might have to reschedule their flights.
It's not a good idea to book tickets before visas are issued.

Can they apply for a Visitor Visa at the same time or do they need to withdraw their application & submit a new one?
If your parents applied for super visas without including the necessary documents (medical insurance of minimum CAD 100,000 + your financials to prove you meet LICO, etc) then their current applications will be refused.

No, they cannot apply for TRVs simultaneously. Even if you apply to withdraw their applications, it is at the discretion of the visa office whether or not to allow it.

When did they apply?

Last edited:

canimg1

Jan 31, 2017
It's not a good idea to book tickets before visas are issued.

If your parents applied for super visas without including the necessary documents (medical insurance of minimum CAD 100,000 + your financials to prove you meet LICO, etc) then their current applications will be refused.

No, they cannot apply for TRVs simultaneously. Even if you apply to withdraw their applications, it is at the discretion of the visa office whether or not to allow it.

When did they apply?
They applied less than a week ago, I have asked them to withdraw the application.
I hope they are able to do it on time. Thanks for the advice.