+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and sister Visitor Visa Refused - seeking advice based on the GCMS notes

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
You will have a better chance if your mother and sister apply without your father. Your sister still may be an issue. The fact that your mother works and will need to continue working to qualify for her pension provides a good argument as to why she needs to return. She should specify that she is only planning on travelling during her school holiday or provide a letter from her school indicating she has approved leave for a month from school. Having grandparents in Iran does show toes but since your father is the one who can provide care it isn’t a very strong tie. It is worth mentioning since the whole picture is always considered.
Thank you. Does my financial status play any role at all?

For my sister, I will buy an insurance in advance to diminish the risk as much as I can. My father is also taking care of her mother too. So, he won't be able to provide that much support. They will planning to visit 20 days during Later Winter (Early March since it is holiday in Iran and school is closed for two weeks for Persian new year holiday).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. Does my financial status play any role at all?

For my sister, I will buy an insurance in advance to diminish the risk as much as I can. My father is also taking care of her mother too. So, he won't be able to provide that much support. They will planning to visit 20 days during Later Winter (Early March since it is holiday in Iran and school is closed for two weeks for Persian new year holiday).
Yes your financial situation plays a role. Normally it is the visitor’s finances that are most important but I have seen some cases where parent has had minimal savings. Assume where the visitor is located will factor into their potential savings. If a parent comes from a country where they live on 1-2 thousand dollars per year it would be almost impossible to save enough money to pay for travel. In general when parents don’t have enough savings most apply for a supervisa because it is primarily dependent on how much their child has earned in Canada (NOA) and their savings not the savings of the parents visiting.

Would make sure that your mother gets approval for her leave of absence from her employer and include the approval in her application. If your sister doesn’t have a medical issue just an intellectual disability getting insurance is not as important for approval but you should purchase travel medical insurance for your mother and sister to protect everyone in case they do need medical care. You don’t want to end up with a big bill if they need To access healthcare for any reason. Purchasing travel medical insurance indicates to IRCC that you are being a responsible visitor. You can include that you will be purchasing/have purchased travel medical insurance for the both of them that will start on arrival in Canada. By declaring that your father needs to care for his mother and his MIL that can potentially impact future TRVs. You will need to address who can care for them if your parents and sister visit in the future. Would start with just getting your mother and sister visa. Would apply as soon as possible so that if you are denied you have time to reapply.

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Yes your financial situation plays a role. Normally it is the visitor’s finances that are most important but I have seen some cases where parent has had minimal savings. Assume where the visitor is located will factor into their potential savings. If a parent comes from a country where they live on 1-2 thousand dollars per year it would be almost impossible to save enough money to pay for travel. In general when parents don’t have enough savings most apply for a supervisa because it is primarily dependent on how much their child has earned in Canada (NOA) and their savings not the savings of the parents visiting.

Would make sure that your mother gets approval for her leave of absence from her employer and include the approval in her application. If your sister doesn’t have a medical issue just an intellectual disability getting insurance is not as important for approval but you should purchase travel medical insurance for your mother and sister to protect everyone in case they do need medical care. You don’t want to end up with a big bill if they need To access healthcare for any reason. Purchasing travel medical insurance indicates to IRCC that you are being a responsible visitor. You can include that you will be purchasing/have purchased travel medical insurance for the both of them that will start on arrival in Canada. By declaring that your father needs to care for his mother and his MIL that can potentially impact future TRVs. You will need to address who can care for them if your parents and sister visit in the future. Would start with just getting your mother and sister visa. Would apply as soon as possible so that if you are denied you have time to reapply.
Thank you for your response. I will keep them in mind. Can't wait to submit it and share the result with everyone! Thanks.

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I would like to check my documents that I am going to submit for my mother and my sister (she is dependent due to intellectual disability). My parents and my sister application were rejected 4 years ago and now I would like to submit it again and I would greatly appreciate it if you can share your thoughts with me:

1- my mother income and paystub (she is a teacher working for 28 years and she has to still work to be retired and get the benefit of retirement)
2- letter showing that she is working as a teacher and she cannot stay outside of my home country for more than 20 days.
3- her bank statement (showing around 15K CAD) for the travel and the purpose of travel is reuniting with me. This is the money she will bring for the trip for herself and my sister. My father's bank account is also included for the support of this trip for my mother and my sister (showing approximately 14K CAD). Since my dad is not an applicant in this application, I do not think I need to show his paystub. please advise me if you think I should include the proof of income.
4- my mother and my father have signed affidavit that both of them are supporting all my sister expenses during this trip and mentioned that she will come back with my mom by the end of the trip.
5- my parents both own a property together and it is included in the application.
6- A letter from my grandfather's doctor indicating that he needs to visit the doctor regularly since he has a medical condition (he is around 85 years old) and as a proof that my mom needs to come back since she is taking care of them and she needs to bring him to doctor and help him with the daily activities. My mom is the only child living in the same city and my aunt will travel and stay with my grandparents during the time my mom is in Canada.
7- My sister disability card as a proof that she is dependent and she has intellectual disability.

8- I will write an invitation letter and include my income and pay stub and showing my bank account (almost 70K CAD) and stating that I am happily support them for this trip. Also, my boy friend is willing to write an invitation letter as well since he cannot travel to my home country to meet my parents. We have been together for 4 years and he would like to meet mother and sister in person. I have not had the chance to travel back home since 2018.

9- I will also sign an affidavit that I am willing to support their trip if it is needed.
10- I will buy insurance from a Canadian insurance for this trip in advance showing that we are responsible for any unforeseen medical emergency.
11- My mom will also write a letter explaining that the concerns that was specified by officer in the previous application has been resolved. (all the concerns was regarding financial status and 3 family member traveling and I was a student, these are no longer exist since I am a permanent resident, working full-time. My dad will not travel with them and they will come back since my mom is working and my grandfather needs help and of course they are not leaving my dad behind and they have well-established life. The purpose of trip will be a family visit and reuniting with me and meeting my boy friend.)

Please advise me if you think I should remove or add any other document. Thank you so much in advance.

My question about my sister is that her card just mentioned mild intellectual disability, it did not indicated any specific thing about it and my sister is not taking any medication and she is physically healthy and in fact she is taking some art classes under supervision of welfare organization as she is able to learn and train. she is able to do her daily activity alone but she is financially dependent to my parents. She does not also stay 1 night away from my parents. Do I need to get any letter from a doctor mentioned that she is physically healthy and she does not take any medicine? Also, Do you think I should get a letter from her art classes which are under welfare organization indicating that she is attending the classes since 2018? Something about this classes is that she is just going there to do an activity and make her life more meaningful and she has found some friends there. There is not any other point about this art class. My sister does not own any other thing that I can include.