+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and parent in law tourist visa

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys. I would really appreciate if anybody can answer for my queries. Actually, i am on postgraduate workpermit in canada But my husband just finished his workpermit and he got off status now. Now he has applied for his extension period but have not got any reply from immigration yet. In this case if i would like to apply for my parents and parents in law visitor visa for our wedding party then do they have any chance to get visa or not. Second, i just started my fulltime job now so is it essential to attach job letter with tourist visa document or just pay stubs can work. Please come and help me in here. Thank you for your help in advance.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi
First thing I would like to know if your husband applied for extension before or after his work permit get expired.
If he applied after his work permit expired, CIC will refuse his extension as he was not eligible to apply for extension if his visa already get expired. However he can apply for restoration within 90 days of work permit expiry date.

If your status has expired or if you did not respect one of the conditions of your permit or you have worked or studied without a required permit, you have committed an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You may be subject to an admissibility hearing that could lead to removal from Canada. If your temporary resident status has expired, do not apply for an extension as you are not eligible. However, if you wish to stay in Canada after your status has expired you may apply for restoration of status within 90 days of your offence (loss of status) or you must leave Canada.

So I believe if this is the scenario definitely it will affect the visitor application of your parents and parents in law. You must need to provide enough documents to declare that you are financially stable enough to support your family member in Canada during their stay. For that you must need to show your job offer letter also pay stubs if you have.

Thanks
D

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Hi
First thing I would like to know if your husband applied for extension before or after his work permit get expired.
If he applied after his work permit expired, CIC will refuse his extension as he was not eligible to apply for extension if his visa already get expired. However he can apply for restoration within 90 days of work permit expiry date.

If your status has expired or if you did not respect one of the conditions of your permit or you have worked or studied without a required permit, you have committed an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You may be subject to an admissibility hearing that could lead to removal from Canada. If your temporary resident status has expired, do not apply for an extension as you are not eligible. However, if you wish to stay in Canada after your status has expired you may apply for restoration of status within 90 days of your offence (loss of status) or you must leave Canada.

So I believe if this is the scenario definitely it will affect the visitor application of your parents and parents in law. You must need to provide enough documents to declare that you are financially stable enough to support your family member in Canada during their stay. For that you must need to show your job offer letter also pay stubs if you have.

Thanks
D
Thank you for your reply. Yes my husband has already applied for restoration. Its been 2 months now but he didn’t get any reply from immigration yet. So we are waiting for that.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Thank you for your reply. Yes my husband has already applied for restoration. Its been 2 months now but he didn’t get any reply from immigration yet. So we are waiting for that.
So if this is the case then chances are very high for rejection of your parents /parents in law's visitor application. Also if you did not provide a solid reason in your husband's restoration application then you may also expect negative result and that would definitely affect your future application for inviting anyone in your family.
I hope everything goes in your favor. But i would say never wait for visa expiry date next time, i do not know who suggested you this way, cause now you put complications in your future application.

thanks
D

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
So if this is the case then chances are very high for rejection of your parents /parents in law's visitor application. Also if you did not provide a solid reason in your husband's restoration application then you may also expect negative result and that would definitely affect your future application for inviting anyone in your family.
I hope everything goes in your favor. But i would say never wait for visa expiry date next time, i do not know who suggested you this way, cause now you put complications in your future application.

thanks
D
Yes i agree. But now we are hoping for everything good. Thank you so much