+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents supervisa - Arthritis

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hey guys

My mom has severe arthritis. She needs a double knee replacement at some point, and she walks with difficulty for a short while before she has to sit and rest etc.,She doesnt need any daily medication for this though since her condition isn't rheumatoid arthritis.

Will this be a problem for medical inadmissibility when we apply for supervisa? We are currently in process and I wanted to know i this is a problem. Please let me know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Somewhat hard to stay. If she isn’t very mobile and needs 2 knee replacements there may be some concerns that she will try to seek treatment in Canada. If she is so disabled by her knees why isn’t she getting the knee replacements?

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Somewhat hard to stay. If she isn’t very mobile and needs 2 knee replacements there may be some concerns that she will try to seek treatment in Canada. If she is so disabled by her knees why isn’t she getting the knee replacements?
Her weight. Doctor has asked her to lose some weight before he can do the surgery.

She can still walk. But yeah she walks slow and has to sit after sometime. In the airport we ask for wheelchair assistance.

Are these medically inadmissible?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Her weight. Doctor has asked her to lose some weight before he can do the surgery.

She can still walk. But yeah she walks slow and has to sit after sometime. In the airport we ask for wheelchair assistance.

Are these medically inadmissible?
Can’t say.