+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents sponsorship

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
Hi, Anyone here applied for Parents and Grandparents sponsorship in late 2021 ? How far are you in your status? I feel like mine is taking very long time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Anyone here applied for Parents and Grandparents sponsorship in late 2021 ? How far are you in your status? I feel like mine is taking very long time?
Discussions are in the Family Sponsorship section.

Ayala

Feb 6, 2023
Medicals passed on 7th November 2022. However, still not received any letter from IRCC for passport submission.

Ayala

Feb 6, 2023
Suppose, if my mother in law arrives in canada on Visitors visa , Can she submit the passport in Canadian Office for stamping? that is CPC Mississauga? please let me know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Processing has increased to around 3 years. It is no longer the year it was taking around5 years ago. Some get lucky and are processed faster but PGP is very low on the totem pole when it comes to urgency to process. Things like family reunification for dependents (spouses and children under 22), WPs due to shortage of labour, economic PR due to shortage of labour, study permits due to shortage of labour and financial support to the education system and asylum claimants so we can identify who are true refugees and who are not are all priorities. PGP is certainly a priority for the family but creates demands and expenses when it comes to things like the healthcare system, rarely adds to the tax base, etc. Although it may take longer than you want Canada still offers a parent sponsorship program which quite rare especially in countries with a public healthcare system. I’m sure there are 200k+ people in Canada who haven’t been selected for PGP who would trade places with you;)

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
Processing has increased to around 3 years. It is no longer the year it was taking around5 years ago. Some get lucky and are processed faster but PGP is very low on the totem pole when it comes to urgency to process. Things like family reunification for dependents (spouses and children under 22), WPs due to shortage of labour, economic PR due to shortage of labour, study permits due to shortage of labour and financial support to the education system and asylum claimants so we can identify who are true refugees and who are not are all priorities. PGP is certainly a priority for the family but creates demands and expenses when it comes to things like the healthcare system, rarely adds to the tax base, etc. Although it may take longer than you want Canada still offers a parent sponsorship program which quite rare especially in countries with a public healthcare system. I’m sure there are 200k+ people in Canada who haven’t been selected for PGP who would trade places with you;)
No no. I am not complaining. I came here to see if anyone is in the same position as I am in.

ParmG

Mar 12, 2023
Hi

just wondering if you got any update after medical for your parents? Thanks