+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship - Quebec

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hello all,

I have a certain understanding of the parents sponsorship for Quebec and I wanted to pass by with the other forum user to see if it makes sense.

The federal government demands 3 years of a minimum salary per year in order to apply to be a sponsor, however, the Quebec government on their webpage speaks about 1 year.
Moreover, if you check the federal web-page they say that if you are applying and are a Quebec's resident, you don't need to send a undertaking form and that you have are under the Quebec's rules.

So here is my question

My understanding is that someone applying from Quebec do not need to prove 3 years of minimum salary and instead should prove only 1 year according to the threshold of Quebec.

According to Quebec's site
Financial capacity evaluation
You must demonstrate that you have, over the past twelve months and will continue to have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking. The following elements are considered. The following elements are considered:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

am I understanding right?

am I missing something?

Thank you

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Yes if you are a Quebec resident you only have to prove income for 1 year and the subsequent years until your parents get sponsored.
Hi Canuck,

Thanks !

That is what I thought !

What do you mean by subsequent years ?

You mean, while waiting for the process to complete you have to keep the financial threshold level requested by the gov. of Quebec, is that it ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck,

Thanks !

That is what I thought !

What do you mean by subsequent years ?

You mean, while waiting for the process to complete you have to keep the financial threshold level requested by the gov. of Quebec, is that it ?
Yes while you wait you have to maintain the required yearly income level for the number of people in your family (if your family number stays the same).

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Yes while you wait you have to maintain the required yearly income level for the number of people in your family (if your family number stays the same).
Interesting, but do you know how do they check for that ? because at the beginning you have to send your tax return to prove your income, but on the subsequent years (on the waiting period for the process to complete ) how do they verify if you are maintaining the required income level?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Interesting, but do you know how do they check for that ? because at the beginning you have to send your tax return to prove your income, but on the subsequent years (on the waiting period for the process to complete ) how do they verify if you are maintaining the required income level?
They can ask for more information when they process your application. Application is just to get selected. Processsing PR requires more info.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hello Canuck, sorry for bothering you again, but I have a quick question that maybe you could help me with that

if I understood correctly, to sponsor your parents the order is:

you put your name in the ballout and pray to be selected by the IRCC, in case you are selected you get an e-mail inviting you to apply for the sponsorship program, and here is my question:

What is the next step for someone resident of Quebec?

After getting the green light from IRCC, should I send my undertaking documents to Quebec and after that I get the CSC I will send my package to the IRCC ? Or Should I apply to the IRCC, wait for their approval (which may take a couple of years ) and later request a CSC from Quebec ? I'm kinda confused on the appropriate order and I would much appreciate if someone have had this experience!

Thanks !!

jane57

Apr 26, 2019
Hi. I'm wondering what the answer is for this question too. I just got an invitation for my parents and I don't know where to start. Been trying to call IRCC and I couldnt get through.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Write N/A for the CSQ

You are not applying for a Quebec program.
The PGP is a federal program, after they give you the green light, them you will engage in communication with Quebec office, receive your CSQ if you will fulfill the financial requirements and them you go back to the federal to apply for the permanent residency.

At least this is my understanding

jane57

Apr 26, 2019
Thank you. I thought so too. Just confused because they're asking for a CSQ number in form 0008. So just N/A for CSQ?

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
According to the guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

If you plan to live in the Province of Quebec and are applying under a Quebec immigration program, have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

1. Select the corresponding box
  2. If you selected “Yes”, enter the CSQ number
  3. If you selected “No”, enter the date when you applied for your CSQ (if you have not yet applied, please do so before applying for permanent residence)
Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.

The PGP program is not a Quebec immigration program, so this should be the answer