+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship - Oct 2022

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Guys,

Thanks for all your help sofar. As mentioned in my previous posts, parents got their invite and i am filling the forms and have few questions. I have few questions.

1) IMM 1344

------> Q7B) it asks for my (sponsor) client id/UCI code .Where do i get this information (or) should i leave it blank?

2) IMM 5669
--------->Q2) Your full name written in your native language - This is an online form and how can i enter my dads name here in my language here?

3)IMM 5771 (CHECKSHEET)
---------> It asks for parents passport, do i scan all the pages (or) just front and last of their passports and upload that.

4) Photos of parents to be digitally uploaded and name, dob on the back.

----------> My fathers name is very long and does not fit in the back of the pictures taken. Can we put the first name and put just the first letter of the remaing middlename and last
name (Ex;: Jose francis guerardo as Jose F.G)

5) Interest to sponsor form submitted in 2020
----------> I think my dad's name changed between then and now and I just noticed by checking his passport which was issued in Jan 2022. How can i find out what i submitted in the sponsor form in 2020? How can i fix the issue (Interest to sponsor form may be filled with Francis Guerardo, but now he added his other name also and called Jose francis guerardo)

Help appreciated,
N

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Guys,

Thanks for all your help sofar. As mentioned in my previous posts, parents got their invite and i am filling the forms and have few questions. I have few questions.

1) IMM 1344
------> Q7B) it asks for my (sponsor) client id/UCI code .Where do i get this information (or) should i leave it blank?

2) IMM 5669
--------->Q2) Your full name written in your native language - This is an online form and how can i enter my dads name here in my language here?

3)IMM 5771 (CHECKSHEET)
---------> It asks for parents passport, do i scan all the pages (or) just front and last of their passports and upload that.

----------> My fathers name is very long and does not fit in the back of the pictures taken. Can we put the first name and put just the first letter of the remaing middlename and last

----------> I think my dad's name changed between then and now and I just noticed by checking his passport which was issued in Jan 2022. How can i find out what i submitted in the sponsor form in 2020? How can i fix the issue (Interest to sponsor form may be filled with Francis Guerardo, but now he added his other name also and called Jose francis guerardo)

Help appreciated,
N
1) if you dont' know your UCI or don't have one leave it blank. (If you ever applied for any visa (visitor, PR, worker, student, you would have a UCI in your documents)
2) Not sure how that's done online. Maybe copy and paste from an app?
3) I think it required all pages, read the guide again. It should say all pages. (if not, it would have said just bio pages)
4) I think you can include a letter of explanation. BUT I suggest to include the full lastname/surname. That is usually the most important part of a person's name (in general for N. America). e.g. as in your example Jose F. Guerardo
5) No idea. Include any document to show legal name change or if both names are used in his legal documents/IDs. And a letter of explanation of his recent name change.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
1) if you dont' know your UCI or don't have one leave it blank. (If you ever applied for any visa (visitor, PR, worker, student, you would have a UCI in your documents)
2) Not sure how that's done online. Maybe copy and paste from an app?
3) I think it required all pages, read the guide again. It should say all pages. (if not, it would have said just bio pages)
4) I think you can include a letter of explanation. BUT I suggest to include the full lastname/surname. That is usually the most important part of a person's name (in general for N. America). e.g. as in your example Jose F. Guerardo
5) No idea. Include any document to show legal name change or if both names are used in his legal documents/IDs. And a letter of explanation of his recent name change.
Thanks YVR.
5) How about an Affidavit explaning that all his names represent the same name and get it notarized?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Guys,

1) IMM 1344

YES

2) IMM 5669

you can simply copy and paste from any source on your computer while filling the forms ( you type the name of your dad and translated to the original native language then do the copy and paste )

3)IMM 5771 (CHECKSHEET)

only the two standard pages

space will be enough

in the forms you are required to put the name as shown in his passport ,in addition to that you will see another question does he use any other name ,and always add things in a letter of explanation

Help appreciated,
N

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thanks YVR.
5) How about an Affidavit explaning that all his names represent the same name and get it notarized?
Yes I used a notarized affidavit for myself(years ago) and my mom(recently) due to our names and we both got approved without any questions.

It just has to say in so many words that Person A called XYZ is one and same as person B called YZ and will be going by XYZ moving forward and that all documents baring XYZ and YZ are still valid for same person bla bla something in those lines can't remember exactly.

Usually you want to stick to answering the name on the passport moving forward..

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks Citizenship Canada & KB

Q6) IMM008

Do we need to write all nicknames here in IMM008 as per affidavit for both parents? My dad has overall 7 different names used in different IDs, my
mom has 4 different names and i am getting affidavit for both of them. But its not nick names, its all first name, last name misaligned (or) spelled
differently.

Thanks,
N

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Q7) IMM 5768

Q16? - What should i say here? i am the only sponsor and wife is not a co-signer.

So i am saying No to this question. But if i say no, they are asking to fill IMM 5748.

But in IMM 5748, it clearly says fill this form only if you answered NO to Q8 and Q16 of IMM5768. Q8 in IMM 5768 is for me(SPONSOR) and i
said YES for IRCC to look at my last 3 year records.

Q8) IMM 5768

Does my wife have to sign this form even if she says NO to cosigner?

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Hi

I am in Canada on PR and got invitation to apply for my parents. I have few questions

1) I got the invitation and it says to submit same documents as I did at the time of interest. How do I know which document I submitted back then as I dont remember?

2) I have my brother back home as well who is 29 years old and he manages my father's business. can he be included as dependent beacause financially he is but is mentally stable and healthy (not married yet).

3) when I submitted interest in 2020, I submitted for my parents and my wife's parents as well - how do I know who the invitation is for?

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hi

I am in Canada on PR and got invitation to apply for my parents. I have few questions

1) I got the invitation and it says to submit same documents as I did at the time of interest. How do I know which document I submitted back then as I dont remember?

2) I have my brother back home as well who is 29 years old and he manages my father's business. can he be included as dependent beacause financially he is but is mentally stable and healthy (not married yet).

3) when I submitted interest in 2020, I submitted for my parents and my wife's parents as well - how do I know who the invitation is for?
Good question. Actually i have the same problem too, i dont remember what i submitted (atleast i know i did only for my parents, but i am not sure whether i mentioned their full name or not). I dont think we can find out. Am looking for that answer too and never got any reply.

Q2) I think if you see the guide 5772 for dependant, it says dependant should be less than 22 or something.