+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents sponsorship - 3 years income from CRA

junaidku

Jan 24, 2019
Hi All,
I have a question which I can't find in cic or anywhere here.

This year I would like to submit my intention to sponsor my father. I am here in Canada as PR since 2017 hence got CRA assessment for 2017 and in 2018 will be available as well. The real problem is for 2016 when I was in the UK worked full time there. I got UK tax assessment report 2016 from HMRC (UK tax department).

Do you think if I submit UK assessment of 2016 along with CRA assessments 2017 & 2018, this will cover my 3 years if selected to apply for my father? or I am not eligible right now as only got CRA reports for 2 years so should wait another year before apply?

Need this answer as in cic website says after submission of application (assume I have invitation to apply) if they flag me ineligible then the fee will not be refunded.

thanks in advance.
Junaid

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Minimum Necessary Income requirement for sponsors of parents and grandparents
If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement for each of the three taxation years immediately preceding the date of your application.

Reactions: junaidku

green222

Jul 16, 2017
As per my understanding you should be tax payer for three years in a same country (in Canada) to meet the sponsoring requirements for parents and grandparents. However, please check with someone else as well.

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

To sponsor parents do we need to fill up our 3 years ( 2018, 2017 and 2016) income in interest to sponsor form...?

because myself and my husband do not have T4 yet for 2018 and we are not 100% sure what would be our income for 2018.

Please can someone advise/ share information about it. thanks a lot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

This year I would like to submit my intention to sponsor my father. I am here in Canada as PR since 2017 hence got CRA assessment for 2017 and in 2018 will be available as well. The real problem is for 2016 when I was in the UK worked full time there. I got UK tax assessment report 2016 from HMRC (UK tax department).

Do you think if I submit UK assessment of 2016 along with CRA assessments 2017 & 2018, this will cover my 3 years if selected to apply for my father? or I am not eligible right now as only got CRA reports for 2 years so should wait another year before apply?

Need this answer as in cic website says after submission of application (assume I have invitation to apply) if they flag me ineligible then the fee will not be refunded.

thanks in advance.
Junaid
Unfortunately you don't qualify if you were living an working in the UK in 2016. Only option would be if a spouse was working in Canada at the time and made LICO.

junaidku

Jan 24, 2019
As per my understanding you should be tax payer for three years in a same country (in Canada) to meet the sponsoring requirements for parents and grandparents. However, please check with someone else as well.
Thank you that’s what I believe but getting info from others as well to avoid disappointment..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

thanks in advance.
Junaid
An HMRC document will be of no use to you for meeting the Minimum Necessary Income requirements.

Reactions: junaidku

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

To sponsor parents do we need to fill up our 3 years ( 2018, 2017 and 2016) income in interest to sponsor form...?

because myself and my husband do not have T4 yet for 2018 and we are not 100% sure what would be our income for 2018.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

You should know your yearly salary or be able to do some quick calculations to find your approximate salary for 2018. You just need to know whether you will meet over LICO and the approximate amount if you are unable to calculate. You could also look at your bank statement and use a calculator.

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Thank you so very much for both of you ( Wakki and canuck78) for replying. Really appreciate your help.

Actually I should explain more clearly, i mean - I know that me and my husband together meet LICO for all three years. However, for 2018 as T4 will come somewhere in February so we really donot know that what is the right figure/ number of our total income for 2018. if i check my income based on last pay stub of 2018 ( YTD - year to date income) sometimes it doesnot match EXACTLY as on our T4. ( as i was comparing this on last years
2017/ 2016 T4 against YTD income of last pay stubs of same years)

As CIC mentioned on their website that ALL the information should be EXACTLY same on application as we fill up on the sponsorship form, therefore my confusion is about the EXACT same figure for my 2018 Income.

So, on the sponsorship form, I am not sure if we have to fill up the EXACT figure/ number of our income OR
we have to just answer income related question in YES or NO. ( means we meet income LICO yes or no, if this is the case so i don't need to know the exact figure of my 2018)

Please can you clarify on my this confusion. Thanks a lot.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so very much for both of you ( Wakki and canuck78) for replying. Really appreciate your help.

Actually I should explain more clearly, i mean - I know that me and my husband together meet LICO for all three years. However, for 2018 as T4 will come somewhere in February so we really donot know that what is the right figure/ number of our total income for 2018. if i check my income based on last pay stub of 2018 ( YTD - year to date income) sometimes it doesnot match EXACTLY as on our T4. ( as i was comparing this on last years

As CIC mentioned on their website that ALL the information should be EXACTLY same on application as we fill up on the sponsorship form, therefore my confusion is about the EXACT same figure for my 2018 Income.

So, on the sponsorship form, I am not sure if we have to fill up the EXACT figure/ number of our income OR
we have to just answer income related question in YES or NO. ( means we meet income LICO yes or no, if this is the case so i don't need to know the exact figure of my 2018)

Here is the link of the information to prepare for the Interest to sponsor form. You should find your answer there:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

They are likely refer to exact information when it comes to names and IDs since they will be cross-referencing the information. Many people don't know their exact income from 2018. Estimate as best as possible and make sure you meet LICO and you will be fine.