+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023

Aizakhan

Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I’m so tensed as I really want to apply for my parents as they are alone back home. This is because my siblings have also left them and have shifted to other countries.
Can someone please refer and suggest me some good lawyer/representative in Ottawa who can file their case when the PGP interest form opens??
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I’m so tensed as I really want to apply for my parents as they are alone back home. This is because my siblings have also left them and have shifted to other countries.
Can someone please refer and suggest me some good lawyer/representative in Ottawa who can file their case when the PGP interest form opens??
Thank you
There is no need for a lawyer to fill out EOI and we don’t know any information about PGP2023 and what will be required to apply or be considered. All you can do is wait. Announcements will likely be next Fall.

Reactions: Aizakhan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That makes sense, I did only a few quotes for the insurance and I definitely would shop around for sure. In the UK, if you have HK BNO passport you can apply for a very quick scheme to move there and pay a reasonable amount for the annual health insurance. It covers pretty much everything. Anyways, I'm still grateful to our government for this scheme, at least there's a possibility one day I can reunite with them.
That isn’t parent sponsorship though. That is moving as a HK citizen because you were born while it was under the British. Not the same as a general parent sponsorship program.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hopefully this year they will accept new interest :)
There is still a good chance that there will be some sort of priority for those who have applied longer or been in Canada longer. With increasing immigration, an ageing population and an ageing population there is never a guarantee of parent sponsorship. There is an attempt to try to eliminate some people waiting 10+ years to get selected while others get selected on their first attempt. The PGP program has been through numerous iterations. There is always significantly more demand than for spots which will never change.

Sonal1989

Jan 4, 2019
Did anyone received an email saying to upload IMM5768 form via web form if it’s not already submitted. But I have submitted it already along with the application and my question is do I submit it again or not?
Thanks

Sonal1989

Jan 4, 2019
Did anyone received an email saying to upload IMM5768 form via web form if it’s not already submitted. But I have submitted it already along with the application and my question is do I submit it again or not?
Thanks

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
Hello,

I'm eagerly waiting for PGP 2023 to apply for my parents. Is it possible that I apply for Super Visa and they come to canada and then I can apply for PGP while my parents are here in Canada?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks
post your question in the PGP 2022 discussion. Ppl on this discussion are waiting for news related to PGP 2023.

AlbUniStudent2020

Sep 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. I already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures to be presented at the House of Commons.

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends and on socials.

Reactions: ankushsharma

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
There have been a number of changes announced for family class in the past few days. Do any of those changes reflect pgp? Can parents that are being sponsored apply for an open work permit too etc?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

When will the application for sponsoring parents get open this year? I missed last year so hope not miss again. Thanks for your help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all

When will the application for sponsoring parents get open this year? I missed last year so hope not miss again. Thanks for your help
It wasn’t open last year to new applicants. When it opens for new applicants is not known. Watch for an IRCC announcement.

Reactions: Parisuzy