File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there any news when this will open and how would it look like for us this year?
The only news is that the number of applications to be accepted is going up. Otherwise no specific news yet or details.

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Thank you scylla. And there is no other way we can bring our parent as a PR except this sponsorship right ? I mean I understand temporary visa but those are all with heath benefits. Only this is the one (PGP Sponsorship) that gives us the health benefit or there are other ways that I don't know of ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you scylla. And there is no other way we can bring our parent as a PR except this sponsorship right ? I mean I understand temporary visa but those are all with heath benefits. Only this is the one (PGP Sponsorship) that gives us the health benefit or there are other ways that I don't know of ?
Parents will only get provincial healthcare coverage after they landed as PR (plus some other conditions that's different in each province).
PGP had been on a lottery based. And there's no details about 2022 PGP yet.

Visitor, super visa both need your own out of pocket care or private travel health insurance coverage.

Reactions: mapleleafland

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, there are other types of immigration streams as well. For example if they are planning to work and have the funds, they may come as investors on an investor visa. Or if they are working professionals, they can come as skilled workers etc.
But if the intent is to migrate them as PRs and have them spend their retirement in Canada, PGP seems like the easiest path forward. Even though its a lottery, I've heard most people satisfying the requirements without any shortcuts usually get accepted.

Reactions: mapleleafland

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Yes basically the intent is to bring them as PRs and have their provincial health insurance coverage. As the parent is a non working personal , the option for skilled worker and as a investor seems not applicable . So no choice but to wait and rely on a lottery system which is failing many Canadians for so many years. Thanks for your 2 cents though. I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, there are other types of immigration streams as well. For example if they are planning to work and have the funds, they may come as investors on an investor visa. Or if they are working professionals, they can come as skilled workers etc.
But if the intent is to migrate them as PRs and have them spend their retirement in Canada, PGP seems like the easiest path forward. Even though its a lottery, I've heard most people satisfying the requirements without any shortcuts usually get accepted.
Their age will make it very difficult to immigrate other ways.

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Basically the intent is to bring them as PRs and have their provincial health insurance coverage. As the parent is a non working personal , the option for skilled worker and as a investor seems not applicable . So no choice but to wait and rely on a lottery system which is failing many Canadians for so many years.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Basically the intent is to bring them as PRs and have their provincial health insurance coverage. As the parent is a non working personal , the option for skilled worker and as a investor seems not applicable . So no choice but to wait and rely on a lottery system which is failing many Canadians for so many years.
The PGP program was never a guarantee when individuals initially immigrated . Thad’s why it’s a lottery. And from your comments you only want to use it for access to healthcare. Just a shot in the dark, don’t think that’s why the program was created.
That’s an extremely flimsy reason

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
The PGP program was never a guarantee when individuals initially immigrated . Thad’s why it’s a lottery. And from your comments you only want to use it for access to healthcare. Just a shot in the dark, don’t think that’s why the program was created.
Agree that PGP is not a guarantee, but the way they are handling this program with no clear hope and based on mere luck seems to be unfair to those taxpayers who are trying there chance for so many years in comparison with some who got lucky in their first try. I understand this is what lottery means. But I think they can do a much better job if they consider other criteria (tax paying years, number of tries etc) as well.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Agree that PGP is not a guarantee, but the way they are handling this program with no clear hope and based on mere luck seems to be unfair to those taxpayers who are trying there chance for so many years in comparison with some who got lucky in their first try. I understand this is what lottery means. But I think they can do a much better job if they consider other criteria (tax paying years, number of tries etc) as well.
Everyone is expected to pay taxes . It’s the law .Individuals bring up paying taxes time and time again here , like it’s a courtesy to Canada, it’s not . Its part of the social contract one signs up for when moving here . However it’s strange that you’d bring up the paying of taxes , in connection to wanting to bring individuals over to take advantage of a program , healthcare, when they’ve never paid taxes in the past ,into supporting it .
Sorry, that argument about paying taxes here doesn’t hold water.
Btw, slim as it maybe, this particular program can just as easily be stopped , modified, whatever.

Last edited:

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi, I have a few questions, would appreciate if someone could help me understand the requirements:
How do you find out when you can apply for the 2022 round of applications? Just by checking the website or can you leave your email somewhere to get notified?
Can you fill out the interest to sponsor before the call for 2022 round is announced?
If I apply for a super visa, and in the meantime also apply for sponsoring them as PRs, would one interfere with their chances of getting the other?
Would the parents being in a conflict zone hamper their chances of getting a super visa, provided they own a flat in their home country?

Thank you very much for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have a few questions, would appreciate if someone could help me understand the requirements:
How do you find out when you can apply for the 2022 round of applications? Just by checking the website or can you leave your email somewhere to get notified?
Can you fill out the interest to sponsor before the call for 2022 round is announced?
If I apply for a super visa, and in the meantime also apply for sponsoring them as PRs, would one interfere with their chances of getting the other?
Would the parents being in a conflict zone hamper their chances of getting a super visa, provided they own a flat in their home country?

Thank you very much for your help.
- Keep checking the IRCC website for updates.
- No, you cannot fill out the form in advance.
- The super visa application and PR sponsorship application should not inferere with each other.
- If parents are in a conflict zone, it's possible this could impact their chances of getting a super visa. It will really depend on their full profile.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
- Keep checking the IRCC website for updates.
- No, you cannot fill out the form in advance.
- The super visa application and PR sponsorship application should not inferere with each other.
- If parents are in a conflict zone, it's possible this could impact their chances of getting a super visa. It will really depend on their full profile.
Thank you so much for this. This is very helpful.

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
All the things are 100% correct and I agree. I am here just stating that there should be some criteria to increase the odds for the people who have lived more here then then ones who just came recently in my opinion.

Everyone is expected to pay taxes . It’s the law .Individuals bring up paying taxes time and time again here , like it’s a courtesy to Canada, it’s not . Its part of the social contract one signs up for when moving here . However it’s strange that you’d bring up the paying of taxes , in connection to wanting to bring individuals over to take advantage of a program , healthcare, when they’ve never paid taxes in the past ,into supporting it .
Sorry, that argument about paying taxes here doesn’t hold water.
Btw, slim as it maybe, this particular program can just as easily be stopped , modified, whatever.