+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hello,
does anyone know how many times CIC ask for medical exam? My in-laws finished their medical on 17th Dec'21, my father in-law got additional medical exam request in one week, he finished his additional medical exam on 4th March'22 and he got another additional medical exam. Is this normal? is there anyone else in this situation?

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
HI Guys, i submitted my parents application via the new permanent residence portal on 31st Oct. We received an email about 3 weeks back, saying there's an update on the file, so we logged in to check however we're unable to click on the action button (a red round circle with a line across appears) . It's not activated or blocked, not sure what's the issue. Anyone else facing the same problem?
Submitted a technical difficulty query but no response. I'm just worrying if its a medical or pcc request we don't want to miss the timeline. I've tried calling IRCC on phone, but it never ever connects (pls share tips on this as well, how to get through to them).
Pls help with whatever advice possible.

Also its a lot of pages, but i read through a few recent ones and people have been talking about linking the application somewhere (to a GC key account?). Am i missing something, because i thought we don't need to link the application to a gc key account since it's already online on the PR portal?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
HI Guys, i submitted my parents application via the new permanent residence portal on 31st Oct. We received an email about 3 weeks back, saying there's an update on the file, so we logged in to check however we're unable to click on the action button (a red round circle with a line across appears) . It's not activated or blocked, not sure what's the issue. Anyone else facing the same problem?
Submitted a technical difficulty query but no response. I'm just worrying if its a medical or pcc request we don't want to miss the timeline. I've tried calling IRCC on phone, but it never ever connects (pls share tips on this as well, how to get through to them).

Also its a lot of pages, but i read through a few recent ones and people have been talking about linking the application somewhere (to a GC key account?). Am i missing something, because i thought we don't need to link the application to a gc key account since it's already online on the PR portal?
Try to link your application as you have received a ghost update . check this forum pages to see the process to link the application.

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I submitted my parents application on 31st Oct and yesterday received the exact same email. I logged into the account and the view button is disabled. I've submitted a technical issue query via the web form and have been trying to call them (never goes through). Please let me know if you're able to resolve this.
HI Mridul, Were you able to resolve this? Its still the same for me, can't view action and the technical difficulty query I submitted via email hasn't been responded to.

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022
HI Mridul, Were you able to resolve this? Its still the same for me, can't view action and the technical difficulty query I submitted via email hasn't been responded to.
You need to wait for few days. If you get the following up emails to send additional forms, just do so. If not, it is a good sign as your application is complete. You can try to link it to GC keys after two or three weeks receiving ghost email

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

memories

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
HI All,

I used that F12 trick to know what's going on with the application. I see a worker is assigned to my application and last updated was on 1 jan 2022. But i did not receive any ghost update. any thoughts ? Also updated time is 1st jan 2022 and its public holiday not sure if that date is true or not.

status: {id: 7, statusEn: "Submitted", statusFr: "Soumettre"}
id: 7
submittedAt: "2021-11-04"
surname: null
uci: null
updatedAt: "2022-01-01 "

Any one know if their ghost email match's to this kind of submitted date ?
i tried linking with GC key but i was never ever able to reach to that page as CIC page keep on redirecting. tried clearing cache, removing cookies, all browser . incognito mode as well.

Reactions: MDM23 and Bimpsy_7

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi, did anyone faced this issue? I took my parents to one of the ircc approved doctor for medical but they were not able to find the file based on UCI or application number. I can't even link the file to gc key.

Applied: 19th oct
Medical request: 8th March
Parents in Canada
You need to bring the Medical Form thats included in the email or it will be at the GCKey account. You just need to download it. There are some documents you need to bring as well like passport etc..

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Hi , just wondering how to get file no ?
There's file when you link your application in IRCC account
Also file number appears in the sponsor eligibility lettter

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, did anyone faced this issue? I took my parents to one of the ircc approved doctor for medical but they were not able to find the file based on UCI or application number. I can't even link the file to gc key.

Applied: 19th oct
Medical request: 8th March
Parents in Canada
try another panel doctor. if the problem persists must contact IRCC to fix it. webform or email, and ask for an extension for medical at the same time.
Just want to add sth. Medical request can come in before eMedical is ready. It is rare but happened before. I came across some posts in express entry several years ago but cannot locate it now. Different application but same eMedical system. So other than inform IRCC you can also try call panel doctor after 2-3 days. Don't have to bring your parents there just call to try book an appointment. Provide your parent's info and see if it is in the system. Hope it can be resolved soon.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021

Looks like you got the ghost update. There is nothing to worry about. You can try the F12 method shared earlier to see if the file has been assigned to a VO and if the status is 10 or 7. Also, try linking the GC key to see if it works

Mar 9, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hello All,

I just joined this forum.

Following is my PGP application timeline:
Sept 24, 2021 ITA
Nov 07, 2021 Submitted (PR Portal)
Jan 17, 2022 Ghost Update
Feb 13, 2022 IRCC Account Linked via GC Key
Mar 03, 2022 Biometrics Request (IRCC Acc)
Mar 08, 2022 Biometrics Completed (IRCC Acc)