+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
I'm in the same boat. I got the lottery in Oct/2021 and I submitted my application on Nov/13/2021. My parents are planning to make a trip to Canada for summer 2022 on visitor visa. Wondering if I get an invite for (1) Medical (2) PCC while my parents are in Canada, can both Medical + PCC be done in Canada ? OR, should they have to return to India and complete the process ???
I believe they can do medical as well as PCC (via Indian consulate/BLS Canada) from Canada itself.

Reactions: MridulSharma

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
I'm not sure why linking to GCKey is required ? Say I created a login at IRCC website ( https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login ) with email id "foo@gmail.com" and submitted my PGP application online using id "foo@gmail.com". I don't understand when folks talk about GCKey. Why can't one login ( https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login ) with foo@gmail.com and check the status ? Why do you require GCKey. Am I missing something here ?
I have the same question. why does it matter to link with the GCKey? what's the benefit?

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
I'm in the same boat. I got the lottery in Oct/2021 and I submitted my application on Nov/13/2021. My parents are planning to make a trip to Canada for summer 2022 on visitor visa. Wondering if I get an invite for (1) Medical (2) PCC while my parents are in Canada, can both Medical + PCC be done in Canada ? OR, should they have to return to India and complete the process ???
Yes they can be done in canada

Reactions: MridulSharma

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yes they can be done in canada
Do you know of any sponsor for PGP OR read anywhere in the forums (if yes, link please), where an applicant did initiate Medical and PCC in Canada itself for one's parents on a visitor visa to Canada and what his/her experiences were?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Do you know whats the process of getting a PCC from India? My parents are planning to come to Canada for atleast 6 months...so wondering if it can be done online?
PCC can be obtained from any Passport Seva Kendra. Fees is 500 and you need an appointment. It is given the same day when you go to the office the day of your appointment. One Photo Id and I address proof required.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My timeline is here for PGP 2021.
First time application submission ---Oct 8,2021
Document request ----- Nov 23, 2021
Resubmit application ---- Nov 25,2021
Recivied ghost email yesterday --- Feb 23, 2022 that your application status has been updated. But In PR portal nothing is updated. Hope everything is going well.

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I submitted my parents application on 31st Oct and yesterday received the exact same email. I logged into the account and the view button is disabled. I've submitted a technical issue query via the web form and have been trying to call them (never goes through). Please let me know if you're able to resolve this.

I submitted my application on Nov/13/2021. Today, I received an email (below) from IRCC. I looged into my account, did not see any updates and on top of it my "View" button is disabled. Did anyone get the message below today ? If "YES", did you see any updates to your IRCC account.

Rich (BB code):
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Hello Everyone,
Recivied ghost email yesterday --- Feb 23, 2022 that your application status has been updated. But In PR portal nothing is updated. Hope everything is going well.
have you linked your application to GCkey yet?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I submitted my parents application on 31st Oct and yesterday received the exact same email. I logged into the account and the view button is disabled. I've submitted a technical issue query via the web form and have been trying to call them (never goes through). Please let me know if you're able to resolve this.
Ya sure

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi All, I applied for my parents on oct 1st. No update/ghost update or communication from IRCC. Anyone with similar timeline in same situation? Any suggestions on what and if i should do anything from my end? Thanks for your time

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I am 25th Nov applicant and have not received any update or communication yet.

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
Hi All, I applied for my parents on oct 1st. No update/ghost update or communication from IRCC. Anyone with similar timeline in same situation? Any suggestions on what and if i should do anything from my end? Thanks for your time
Same here. Oct 31st applicant and no updates since then

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Congrats, it may mean they have reviewed your updates. Hopefully you should be able to link the application online soon. I am still waiting for the ghost email or Biometrics request. I resubmitted on Dec 14 so I guess its a game of patience. Fingers crossed