+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

nycamtl

Dec 30, 2020
Hi, sorry for the dumb question but what on earth is a "Ghost Email"? I submitted two separate applications for each parent (they are divorced) on November 17th and haven't gotten any email to their addresses or mine. Thanks for the help.

YASH2021

Jan 26, 2022
Hi All,

IRCC is asking for PCC and below is from the letter received. I am wondering as they mentioned send Original PCC, anyone knows if we can send the scanned document or new to send the Original copy received from Passport office in India? IRCC didn't mention the address where they want the original PCC to be sent.

The request letter i received came from Mississauga.
Police Certificates (Multiple):) You are required to provide a NEW original police certificate from India. Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide
When was did your parents undergo medical ?

ishp

Sep 27, 2016
nov 16 no update yet . I think file is picking up by the alphabet names of the parents. anyone get update or already please tell your parents name first alphabet

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
Those of you who are still waiting to get any response on thier application, are you going to submit a webform to inquire or are you going to wait a while longer. I submitted the application for my parents (who are in India) on OCt 31st but have not heard anything...

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
Hi All,

IRCC is asking for PCC and below is from the letter received. I am wondering as they mentioned send Original PCC, anyone knows if we can send the scanned document or new to send the Original copy received from Passport office in India? IRCC didn't mention the address where they want the original PCC to be sent.

The request letter i received came from Mississauga.
Police Certificates (Multiple):) You are required to provide a NEW original police certificate from India. Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide
Do you know whats the process of getting a PCC from India? My parents are planning to come to Canada for atleast 6 months...so wondering if it can be done online?

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
My parents are from India. Applied on Oct 31st. and we havent got any update or any ghost email...
I submitted my application on Nov/13/2021. Today, I received an email (below) from IRCC. I looged into my account, did not see any updates and on top of it my "View" button is disabled. Did anyone get the message below today ? If "YES", did you see any updates to your IRCC account.

Rich (BB code):
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

nycamtl

Dec 30, 2020
I submitted my application on Nov/13/2021. Today, I received an email (below) from IRCC. I looged into my account, did not see any updates and on top of it my "View" button is disabled. Did anyone get the message below today ? If "YES", did you see any updates to your IRCC account.

Rich (BB code):

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Same thing happened to me.

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022

Rich (BB code):

Thank you,

I also submitted on Nov 13 but haven’t received any ghost email yet.

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi Group,
I have applied for my parents PR last year January, they got picked up in 2020 Nov lottery.
The process is almost complete, like medical,police verification is done.
Last update was the file transferred to Mississauga Office . They asked for additional documents like aadhar card and voter ID card,
Which I submitted in December 2021.
It’s been 2 months and there is no update available.
Just wanted to know is there anyone who is in same situation?

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi Group,
I have applied for my parents PR last year January, they got picked up in 2020 Nov lottery.
The process is almost complete, like medical,police verification is done.
Last update was the file transferred to Mississauga Office . They asked for additional documents like aadhar card and voter ID card,
Which I submitted in December 2021.
It’s been 2 months and there is no update available.
Just wanted to know is there anyone who is in same situation?

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Do you know whats the process of getting a PCC from India? My parents are planning to come to Canada for atleast 6 months...so wondering if it can be done online?
If your parents are in India then you can apply through https://www.passportindia.gov.in/ , it takes total 3 weeks to get the PCC.
Once you completed your appointment in passport office , they will send the notification to your local police station.
But the police never turned up personally for verification , so in my opinion once you received the notification saying the application sent to police station , then please visit station and get the things done