+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Hi all, this is my first post ever to this group but thanks to the group, it has been very helpful.

I want to provide some insights that I have found interesting and important to share with you all.

Here is my timeline:

Submitted: Oct 28th
Ghost email: Jan 6th

I was trying to link my application in the IRCC account after reading a few posts in this group. I couldn't link it for many weeks. My parents have visitor visas but I didn't provide the UCI number in the application ( which is fine ) so to link the application I was using the principal applicant's name and passport information and sometimes UCI number as well. I was not able to link it for many weeks. One day (Feb 14th) I tried using the name and passport information it couldn't find the application to link but at the same time, I tried using the UCI number and SUCCESS!!

So Conclusion: EVEN IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE UCI NUMBER IN THE APPLICATION, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LINK IT USING IT (IF YOUR APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE TO LINK IT)

But now the question is why it couldn't find it using names and found that the name in the IRCC linked application is not correct. I checked my application data which I saved for my record, we have provided correct names.. so somehow they messed it up while copying it into the system! (looks like they are manually copying it ) Now I am going to contact the CIC and see what happened and how can we correct it. If anyone has had the same issue prior to this, please let me know how you resolved it.

Sorry for the long post but thought it will be a piece of good information...

What can you see on your account after you have linked it through GCKey? And you also said the names were mispelled? Maybe you can send a webform and raise them your issue.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
No, I am not able to edit the signature and other parts of my application. However, I was received an email notifying that I should edit the "Declaration and Consent" part in addition to "Additional Family members". Did anyone have a similar issue? Should I click on any specific button for editing the profile?
I think you better contact IRCC as soon as possible and get it sorted.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fam, I submitted my parents application when I was still a PR. I became Canadian citizen in December. Should I submit a webform now for the status change or should I wait till I get a file number of my parents application? Thanks

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All, I think many of you received the email for IMM5406 form. I need your help. I am confused with the 1st line of the form "applicant, dependent over 18 yrs must complete their own form". Is it only fill up and signed by my mother-in-law (only applicant) or need to fill up by all dependent (like my wife, sister-in-law) too?

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dear All, I think many of you received the email for IMM5406 form. I need your help. I am confused with the 1st line of the form "applicant, dependent over 18 yrs must complete their own form". Is it only fill up and signed by my mother-in-law (only applicant) or need to fill up by all dependent (like my wife, sister-in-law) too?
Is your wife and sister-in-law dependent of principle applicant?

Jessiezhangmiao

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2012
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
IELTS Request
09-06-2012
Med's Request
17-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
DM Oct 28 2013
Passport Req..
27-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2013
LANDED..........
17-12-2013
new to this group, I plan to sponsor both parents to Canada. My spouse is the co-signer. My parents are divorced. is that means that I will submit 2 different applications. For each application, one of my parent is the single applicant. Can I sponsor 1 parent and my spouse sponsor another parent? I am little confused now. Thank you so much in advance.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
new to this group, I plan to sponsor both parents to Canada. My spouse is the co-signer. My parents are divorced. is that means that I will submit 2 different applications. For each application, one of my parent is the single applicant. Can I sponsor 1 parent and my spouse sponsor another parent? I am little confused now. Thank you so much in advance.
you need 2 applications for 2 families, one for each of your parents as they are two families now. In both applications only you can be the sponsor and your spouse can be co-signer if needed.

Reactions: YVR123

bhargav16

Feb 16, 2022
What can you see on your account after you have linked it through GCKey? And you also said the names were mispelled? Maybe you can send a webform and raise them your issue.
You can see some basic information, name, application #, UCI and dependent list and all the topics, like biometrics, Medical, etc.. and individual updates for those topics.. I assume that will get changed as application proceed..

Yes, I submitted a webform request.. lets see when it gets updated.

huwawei0314

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2015
AOR Received.
August 13, 2015
File Transfer...
September 14, 2015
Med's Request
upfront - June10, 2015
Med's Done....
remed - June 10, 2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-09-2016
what's your timeline?
valid bio will appear in GCkey acc link and that's one way to check.
PGP Application submitted : Nov 18 2021 - no update yet/ unable to link
Visitor Visa - Submitted : Nov 22, 2021 Biometric done: Nov 29, 2021 Visa on hand : Dec 9, 2021

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
PGP Application submitted : Nov 18 2021 - no update yet/ unable to link
Visitor Visa - Submitted : Nov 22, 2021 Biometric done: Nov 29, 2021 Visa on hand : Dec 9, 2021
I think you can relax for the moment. Most probably they will make the link.
After you receive your file number, and IF they do send you biometrics request, you can raise a webform to let them know your bio ID and UCI. You can do this now but without a file number it's difficult for them to locate your file hence a very slow process.

Reactions: huwawei0314

jentol0910

Sep 23, 2021
Hi, im just wondering how can I access webform? I submitted my moms application on Nov 30/2021 and havent heard anything. No ghost email etc? I tried doing the gckey link but no luck.