+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

gmancanada

Oct 3, 2021
List of members who did not receive any communication from IRCC and unable to link to GCKEY:

October 2021 list:
Oct 14: Newbie17
Oct 18: aonedoc
October 19: Sulemanmirza
Oct 20: microbio1
Oct 21: RRBP
Oct 27: Chintan.patel | willgo2ca
Nov 13: Swapnali
Nov 14: CarSam3474
Nov 21: gmancanada
Nov 28: nilnitesh

Please update incase if you received any communication from IRCC. Thank you!

Reactions: CarSam3474 and RRBP

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
For everyone panicking, AOR usually is 6 months from date of submission so anything early is a bonus. Most of the people are in the same boat that they havent received any communication which is alright considering the time.Just think of receiving communication after 6 months and you will be fine. Relax !!

Lubana13

Oct 27, 2014
Hi I submitted our file on October 16,2021 ghost emails in December, I tried multiple times to link with gckey but it didn’t work,

Andrea90970

Oct 18, 2021
Is there anyone received updates or ghost email and their parents never had any kind of visa to Canada before??
I am wondering if IRCC process the applications for people who have previous records first

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
What was the timeline in last few years ?? I thought PGP entire process takes min 12 months.
Process takes anywhere between 12-24 months. But receiving the AOR typically 2 months from the receipt of the application. But then it was my snail mail. But this year since it is online, not sure whether they would send AOR.

Receipt of AOR indicates your application has been reviewed and is complete and correct. NO missing information. Typically one should get a req for Medical within 6 months.

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
List of members who did not receive any communication from IRCC and unable to link to GCKEY:

October 2021 list:
Nov 9: Jel

Reactions: CarSam3474

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014

October 2021 list:

Why do we need to link it to GCKey ? I created a NEW account with the website provided in the application letter. Submitted my completed application online on that account. So I do NOT really understand what the GCKey is for ? I do have a GCKey when I applied for PR and Citizenship, but for PGP-2021, I created a new account with the link provided in the invitation letter.

Last edited:

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi guys,

I applied in Oct 2021 and I think I made one of the dumbest mistake in my application. I didn't knew that visitor visa on my dad's passport has UCI on it and I put Not Applicable in PGP application. What are my options to rectify it?

TIA

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I applied in Oct 2021 and I think I made one of the dumbest mistake in my application. I didn't knew that visitor visa on my dad's passport has UCI on it and I put Not Applicable in PGP application. What are my options to rectify it?

TIA
It's not a big deal. Any one who traveled to Canada prior will have a UCI #. It just helps to get the data faster and use the biometrics from the earlier application. You will save 75$ if biometrics were provided with the earlier application. If you don't provide the UCI # they will be able to link it with the DOB and last name. Else, they may ask you to go through the process of biometrics again

Reactions: parassachapara

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011

October 2021 list:

October 2021 list:
Nov 16: citizenshipcanada

ICE85

Oct 5, 2014
Hello,
I need some help. I have submitted the application on Nov 20, 2021, and last Friday, Feb 04 got an email with a pdf attached about the incomplete application. And PR application portal status is showing Returned. 1'ST THING IT MENTIONED:
"Marriage Certificate/Common-Law Declaration for Sponsor and Co-signer: A marriage certificate/ Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) provided for the Sponsor and Co-signer does not meet the requirements for processing. The certificate must be legally registered with the governmental authorities in the jurisdiction where it took place. Note: A record of solemnization or marriage license/statement is not acceptable for marriages that were legally registered in Canada and the United States of America."
In this case, I did not submit IMM-5409, only I have submitted my marriage certificate (In additional documents) as the document checklist/guide mentioned that, IMM-5409 to be completed, signed by hand, and dated by the sponsor and the cosigner, only if in a common-law partnership. And I am married, so I was confused and that is the reason I did not submit IMM-5409. SO, IN THIS CASE, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

2'ND THING IT MENTIONED:
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

IMM 5406 (for Dependant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not provided. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

In this case, I filled it up for both of my parents in the online portal. Now I do not know why they're asking it again to submit via email or mail in 30 days. SO, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

I am so sorry for the long message here. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
I also got an email with the request for IMM 5406 for both parents - PA & Dependant. I was wondering if my parents 4 children [myself inclusive] have to complete and sign our own copies?

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015

October 2021 list:

Oct 01: No update or GU

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I also got an email with the request for IMM 5406 for both parents - PA & Dependant. I was wondering if my parents 4 children [myself inclusive] have to complete and sign our own copies?
When did you submit your application?

Did you leave any fields blank on that form IMM5406? Also did you complete full addresses? I believe its for PA and dependants only. But you have to fill out each section as well as full addresses. If something not applicable then put NA.

Reactions: ICE85

rafeeq988

Jan 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello, my CRA account only shows Proof of Income statement (Option C) for 2019 & 2020 while we need 2018 too. Do you guys have the same issue? what to do? thanks